No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Blame DC for every fourth quarter loss. The man just never learns, his so called veterans are trash. Play the damn rookies and if we lose we still gain some experience for them. What do you gain from playing veteran scrubs and losing? nothing, absolutely nothing.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      I Blame DC for every fourth quarter loss. The man just never learns, his so called veterans are trash. Play the damn rookies and if we lose we still gain some experience for them. What do you gain from playing veteran scrubs and losing? nothing, absolutely nothing.
      You get accountability. I think it's a good that they know minutes wont be given out just cause they are top10 picks. Everything has to earned.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        You get accountability. I think it's a good that they know minutes wont be given out just cause they are top10 picks. Everything has to earned.
        I agree to some extent. They have to earn those minutes, but at some point, the young guys need to get the minutes and experience of the game so they can get acclimated to the team, and because they're relied on as the "future", it's even more the reason this should come to fruition.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          But to bench him for Aaron Gray? That's straight trolling. I mean Aaron Gray is a pro's pro, but you can't be serious.
          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Can we have another poll deMar has been killing it this year kid is a beast hes B+ -A- range.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
              Can we have another poll deMar has been killing it this year kid is a beast hes B+ -A- range.
              We wait till the end of team play before we evaluate the season's play. Still a number of games left for Demar to fall or rise. But, I do agree, he's been within the high B, low A area.

Comment

• Id give him a B+ this season.

Last season, when he regressed, I voted C
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Sweet. He's increasing his trade value!

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    CRF, youza hater!!!
                    Hahaha.... I was just about to type that! jokes

Haters say he's one-dimensional, hasn't improved??

Let's look at the numbers shall we.....Demar's averaging over 4 assists per game over the last 20 games. He averages over 4 rebounds per game on the season. How can you say he's one dimensional? How is that not hating??

Comment

• I would seriously entertain trading DeRozan along with Bargnani to net back a major piece in this never ending puzzle we call the Raptors. His value is probably pretty high right now & it could be that his learning curve is different from most basketball players (a little longer, sort of like a big man curve).

Usually, by the third year, you can gauge whether the player has all-star potential. In DeRozan's fourth year, he has proven to be the good secondary scoring option (who now has some semblance of play making ability). He has a long shot of being an all-star & that involves incremental improvement for another 3 years.

My problem with him is he allows just as many points as he scores to opposing 2 guards. He also needs a high usage % to get his numbers up. He also struggles against good perimeter defenders & he has not shown the ability to take over a game. Instead, he scores relatively well throughout the course of 3 quarters (steady scorer if you may).

If you trade him, we still have Landry Fields who does a lot of other things well (EXCEPT SCORING). But he can defend 3x better than DeRozan, he rebounds well, he's a smart player, cuts hard and he can somewhat pass the ball. You also have your #8 pick in Terrence Ross who I believe can be a good TWO way player in this league.

I'm still a firm believer that we need capable big men who can anchor your defense and be a threat offensively in order to be successful. It seems logical to me that in order to net a big like that (at least until Valanciunas develops -- which I give him another 2 years minimum), you have to give up a piece like DeRozan.
                      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
                        I would seriously entertain trading DeRozan along with Bargnani to net back a major piece in this never ending puzzle we call the Raptors. His value is probably pretty high right now & it could be that his learning curve is different from most basketball players (a little longer, sort of like a big man curve).

Usually, by the third year, you can gauge whether the player has all-star potential. In DeRozan's fourth year, he has proven to be the good secondary scoring option (who now has some semblance of play making ability). He has a long shot of being an all-star & that involves incremental improvement for another 3 years.

My problem with him is he allows just as many points as he scores to opposing 2 guards. He also needs a high usage % to get his numbers up. He also struggles against good perimeter defenders & he has not shown the ability to take over a game. Instead, he scores relatively well throughout the course of 3 quarters (steady scorer if you may).

If you trade him, we still have Landry Fields who does a lot of other things well (EXCEPT SCORING). But he can defend 3x better than DeRozan, he rebounds well, he's a smart player, cuts hard and he can somewhat pass the ball. You also have your #8 pick in Terrence Ross who I believe can be a good TWO way player in this league.

I'm still a firm believer that we need capable big men who can anchor your defense and be a threat offensively in order to be successful. It seems logical to me that in order to net a big like that (at least until Valanciunas develops -- which I give him another 2 years minimum), you have to give up a piece like DeRozan.
                        I would agree to this, especially if Ross can get consistent minutes and hopefully produce in a sixth man role (hasn't produced anything at all actually), and Fields can be the starting two guard that balances Gay (No volume shooting, off-ball cutter, defender, rebounder).

Just going to use Millsap as an example.

Starting Unit:

Lowry
                        Fields
                        Gay
                        Millsap
                        Valanciunas

Bench:

Telfair
                        Ross
                        Johnson

(Lineups without any other significant changes via trade/free agency).

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                          Hahaha.... I was just about to type that! jokes

Haters say he's one-dimensional, hasn't improved??

Let's look at the numbers shall we.....Demar's averaging over 4 assists per game over the last 20 games. He averages over 4 rebounds per game on the season. How can you say he's one dimensional? How is that not hating??
                          Are you saying that DeRozan is know a legit threat as a passer and rebounder?

Comment

I don't think threat is fair but he has certainly become more of a contributor.

If he would just try to dunk everything I might actually lose the continual doubt.

Comment

He's one of the top rebounding 2 guards in the league(top 8 I think). And interesting about his passing is its really his Ball IQ thats gone up. Look at all the games hes shot poorly in lately and look at the assist numbers. When his shot doesnt fall he creates for others. He's become more than a 1 dimensional player this season.

Comment

• On nights his shot isnt falling as much his play making is 6+asts a night So that is growth what did old DeMar do keep trying and killing the offense, but you know He WAS the entire offense last 2 seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X