View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 132 of 181 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 3605

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    He's doing a lot more than just taking mid range jumpers, he's actually going to the rim and extending some of those long two's for three's.
    In previous years he'd go through the 10-15 game stretches playing well only because his shots were falling, but right now it seems as if he's playing well because he's playing smarter.
    +1 all maturity. Finally thinking the game.
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

If a guy who is a strong athletic freak can consistently score 18ppg by being inefficient and just taking long two's than there's no telling what he can do when being smart and playing efficiently.
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

3. Like TRex liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    If a guy who is a strong athletic freak can consistently score 18ppg by being inefficient and just taking long two's than there's no telling what he can do when being smart and playing efficiently.
    He is certainly on the right track. But I will be interested to see what happens when the games matter. Last night for example, when they put MWP on him, he became a non factor. When Avery Bradley bodied him up and was pushing, he got flustered and gave him a shove off the ball and went to the perimeter.

As I said before, I hope he gets it whether he stays or goes. It is in raps best interests. But you can't take too much seriously right now.... As often as I forget that myself. Last year Raps were 6-1 in preseason .... Everything changes October 30

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    He is certainly on the right track. But I will be interested to see what happens when the games matter. Last night for example, when they put MWP on him, he became a non factor. When Avery Bradley bodied him up and was pushing, he got flustered and gave him a shove off the ball and went to the perimeter.

As I said before, I hope he gets it whether he stays or goes. It is in raps best interests. But you can't take too much seriously right now.... As often as I forget that myself. Last year Raps were 6-1 in preseason .... Everything changes October 30
    Yep, but as of right now I think we can all agree that we like what we see out of him. It's better than what we've seen in previous years.
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish we hadn't wasted the amnesty on Kleiza. Could've used it on DeMar and his albatross contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Demar's always been a bit of a summer league/preseason star. i DO like what he's done to improve his game, though.
    @jerboat

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Demar's always been a bit of a summer league/preseason star. i DO like what he's done to improve his game, though.
    He hasn't improved at all, his current strengths and weaknesses are EXACTLY the same as they were in 2009.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    I wish we hadn't wasted the amnesty on Kleiza. Could've used it on DeMar and his albatross contract.
    I know this is being said sarcastically.. but they couldn't use the amnesty on DeMar even if they wanted to.. His new contract was signed in the new CBA not the old one, so it would not qualify. The only contracts they could void were Amir's, Kleiza's or Bargnani's.

10. Like Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Faried for DeMar deal is something I would jump on. I love Faried and he would be our best PF. Does Denver really need another wing though? I guess they lost Iggy so are they looking to replace him with DeMar?

And who would play PF with Faried gone? Randolph isn't very good.

Looks like a 'fan' trade.. don't actually see it happening.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well ross is definitely ready to start! trade DeMar and start him............................................... ...............................................

Post Thanks / Like

He hasn't improved at all, his current strengths and weaknesses are EXACTLY the same as they were in 2009.
    Right but his strengths were always average in the grand scheme of things. He is now taking his strengths to a much higher level. He is scoring efficiently with more post touches and the number of long twos are down considerably.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Right but his strengths were always average in the grand scheme of things. He is now taking his strengths to a much higher level. He is scoring efficiently with more post touches and the number of long twos are down considerably.
    Not really, he just has a bigger role on the team, I don't think he's improved at all

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Not really, he just has a bigger role on the team, I don't think he's improved at all
    Are you being sarcastic or serious in your recent comments? I really need to know cause it's so weird how all of a sudden you're talking so negatively about Demar.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol. Seriously?
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not being sarcastic at all, DeRozan is a below average player being paid superstar money.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not being sarcastic at all, DeRozan is a below average player being paid superstar money.
    What are you even talking about.. you were the one that started the "DeRozan is not overpaid" thread.

Your exact words:

That's the going rate for young, talented wing players these days. We saw Tyreke get 11M a year, now we're seeing Hayward get 12+. That 9.5M for DeRozan is starting to actually look like somewhat of a bargain.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

Twitter - @thekid_it

19. Like KazanTheMan liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    What are you even talking about.. you were the one that started the "DeRozan is not overpaid" thread.

Your exact words:
    And you guys convinced me otherwise, he's overpaid and needs to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming there is no sarcasm, that goes pretty extreme in his worth and value to the team. I don't think anyone is calling him an awful player or teammate. I don't think anyone is happy to let him go for a measly expiring contract. If he is traded, you need to get value. No rebuild (either through draft, free agency, or trade) is ever going to be successful if you piss away your assets.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I somewhat share your frustration with the view from numerous posters about DeMar, but you gotta end this hissy fit, man

23. Like Axel liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Assuming there is no sarcasm, that goes pretty extreme in his worth and value to the team. I don't think anyone is calling him an awful player or teammate. I don't think anyone is happy to let him go for a measly expiring contract. If he is traded, you need to get value. No rebuild (either through draft, free agency, or trade) is ever going to be successful if you piss away your assets.
    You're not going to get value for a SG that can't shoot. Teams want 3+D guys not guys like DeMar. The days of having two guards that dunk and chuck mid-range Js are over since the rise of advanced statistics.

I say we cut our losses and get back cap space, which is still more valuable to us than DD eating up 15% of the cap.

Thread Information