View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 138 of 230 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 4600

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    After DeMars been through, after everything.. just take a moment to let it sink in. he deserves to be in the all-star game like nothing else the way he just came in after rudy left like ' move aside its my team now and ima do what ever to win' he runs this team, we rest on his shoulders, DeMar caries the team day in and day out. That fact that he doesn't get much recognition around the league gets me mad.

its pretty sad
    Umm too bad coaches don't care about whether you or any other fan thinks he "deserves" to get in. At the end of the day they're going to pick the guys who they feel have played the best.

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    That's the point. People keep saying to sell high on a player that hasn't peaked yet, and is on a favourable contract.

It's like selling your house in a suburb where schools, businesses and roads are being built over the next 4 years, when you're only 1 year into the mortgage. That's not selling high.
    Both of those factors would be included in the bargaining if you're any kind of negotiator, especially the fact that he hasn't peaked yet.

(And one goal in trying to sell high in any deal where 'potential' is a factor would be to sell the idea that the player's theoretical 'peak' is actually higher than you believe it to be. (If you're a devious negotiator).)

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Umm too bad coaches don't care about whether you or any other fan thinks he "deserves" to get in. At the end of the day they're going to pick the guys who they feel have played the best.
    They've both played well at the same pace, Afflalo maybe a bit better but at the end of the day Afflalo doesnt run the town he has a job to do and he gets it done, Demar's got a much bigger role to play
    ugggh this kid needs to get in no matter what
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

They've both played well at the same pace, Afflalo maybe a bit better but at the end of the day Afflalo doesnt run the town he has a job to do and he gets it done, Demar's got a much bigger role to play
    ugggh this kid needs to get in no matter what
    Dude no...

http://bkref.com/tiny/waAtA

Look at that please. This kind of blind evaluation of DeRozan is part of the reason why there are so many "haters" on here.

One could argue DeRozan has been a bit better defensively and obviously is better at drawing fouls. But that's about it.
    Last edited by Masai Ujiri; Sat Dec 21st, 2013 at 11:33 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

After DeMars been through, after everything.. just take a moment to let it sink in. he deserves to be in the all-star game like nothing else the way he just came in after rudy left like ' move aside its my team now and ima do what ever to win' he runs this team, we rest on his shoulders, DeMar caries the team day in and day out. That fact that he doesn't get much recognition around the league gets me mad.

its pretty sad
    This is a good argument if your record is good, if your record is not so good it loses a lot of credibility.

Post Thanks / Like

Dude no...

http://bkref.com/tiny/waAtA

Look at that please. This kind of blind evaluation of DeRozan is part of the reason why there are so many "haters" on here.

One could argue DeRozan has been a bit better defensively and obviously is better at drawing fouls. But that's about it.
    lool been there done that
    at the end of the day they still average the same numbers so......

EDIT: im not a dude
    Last edited by lilmamba_; Sat Dec 21st, 2013 at 11:48 AM.
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    This is a good argument if your record is good, if your record is not so good it loses a lot of credibility.
    sadly..
    were getting there 3 games till .500

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

sadly..
    were getting there 3 games till .500
    Agreed, if by the deadline date for when players are picked he and Lowry have this team in the top 4 (with an actually good record, not like the Celtics top 4 right now) for the East then you'll see Derozan get hard looks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Agreed, if by the deadline date for when players are picked he and Lowry have this team in the top 4 (with an actually good record, not like the Celtics top 4 right now) for the East then you'll see Derozan get hard looks.
    This is true. If the Raptors are playing >.500 ball, that would put DeRozan past Afflalo despite the disparity statistically.

Not sure how I feel about that though, I really want a high pick in this draft. But that being said, there are other ways to rebuild this team besides the 2014 draft, and Ujiri has created enough flexibility by moving Bargnani and Bargs to actually capitalize on some of those opportunities.

I'm a pro-tanker, but I wouldn't really be disappointed if this team got the #3/4 seed, knocked out a team like Washington or Charlotte in the first round and then played a hard fought 2nd round series with Indiana or Miami.

Since our team is so young, that would actually be something to build upon, unlike the last time we were in the playoffs where basically all of our players had already peaked. And we had hardly any cap flexibility.
    Last edited by Masai Ujiri; Sat Dec 21st, 2013 at 11:56 AM.

10. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting....
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

There's more rebounds for DeMar to get now that Rudy's gone, so I think that explains his rpg jumping up a bit. Ross doesn't really rebound at that same rate.

As for assists, the Raptors are actually moving the ball now and running a proper offense, so more of DeMar's passes are resulting in scores and not just Rudy Gay iso-to-bricks.

I think his 3PT percentage will finish around 33% this season, it's dropping this month, which doesn't surprise me since he shot a ridiculous 40% last month.

Wouldn't be shocked to see DD end the year averaging something like 21-4-4 on 45-33-80 shooting.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we get to the playoffs this season DeMar is going to have another kid. BET ON IT! lol

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a pro-tanker, but I wouldn't really be disappointed if this team got the #3/4 seed, knocked out a team like Washington or Charlotte in the first round and then played a hard fought 2nd round series with Indiana or Miami.

Since our team is so young, that would actually be something to build upon, unlike the last time we were in the playoffs where basically all of our players had already peaked. And we had hardly any cap flexibility.
    I agree to this with a certain extent, although it's tricky where it comes to Lowry. Riding him to the playoffs, and then needing to resign him in the offseason is a huge risk. And the worst-case scenario is losing Lowry for nothing, missing out on a lottery pick this year, and taking a big step back next year without him.

Although Ujiri might handle it like he did Nene; get the best contract he could, get the guy signed using bird rights, and then move him out on his own terms later.
    tank-agnostic

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote octothorp wrote: View Post
    I agree to this with a certain extent, although it's tricky where it comes to Lowry. Riding him to the playoffs, and then needing to resign him in the offseason is a huge risk. And the worst-case scenario is losing Lowry for nothing, missing out on a lottery pick this year, and taking a big step back next year without him.

Although Ujiri might handle it like he did Nene; get the best contract he could, get the guy signed using bird rights, and then move him out on his own terms later.
    Best bet would be to ride him out and then do a sign and trade on draft night or re sign him for a reasonable contract.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

... Watching Jalen Rose's latest podcast and he says right now Wiggins most compares too Demar Derozan
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    ... Watching Jalen Rose's latest podcast and he says right now Wiggins most compares too Demar Derozan
    LOL!

Yet others in the industry prefer a Scottie Pippen comparison.

Pippen....DeRozan, same thing.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Right now, makes sense. Derozan is better than Wiggins right now

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude's putting in work on Christmas!

http://instagram.com/p/iXxoLoqhgL/
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is true. If the Raptors are playing >.500 ball, that would put DeRozan past Afflalo despite the disparity statistically.

Not sure how I feel about that though, I really want a high pick in this draft. But that being said, there are other ways to rebuild this team besides the 2014 draft, and Ujiri has created enough flexibility by moving Bargnani and Bargs to actually capitalize on some of those opportunities.

i just don't see the raptors taking out charlotte in the playoffs. they always seem to match our level of play and we've yet to beat them this year even with our new 'improved' lineup.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

A thought re: DeMar and tanking. I had a thought last night about what the ideal way to keep DeMar and tank is, while still developing him as a player.

Play DeMar at the point.

Let him be the floor general. His floor vision has improved this year, so let's give him a chance to really call plays and lead this team on the floor. He'll not be too good at it initially and he's not quite fast enough to guard against true PGs, so we'll lose a lot of games. But DeMar will gain experience he can't get any other way.

Thoughts?

Thread Information