View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    1 1.49%
  • B

    18 26.87%
  • C

    40 59.70%
  • D

    8 11.94%
  • F

    0 0%
Page 152 of 254 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 202 252 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 5071

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

  1. #3021
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    man the disrespect DeMar gets is unbelievable lol. People always argue he takes too many touches to score, well news flash hes our best player obviously hes going to get the most touches, it would be alarming however if he never passed and went 7/25 or something but that hasnt been the case.

    Leave the man alone hes taken huge strides this year, and is a huge part of the raptors success. Why can't you just eat the humble pie and be happy for the guy?

  2. #3022
    Raptors Republic Starter YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    968
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    man the disrespect DeMar gets is unbelievable lol. People always argue he takes too many touches to score, well news flash hes our best player obviously hes going to get the most touches, it would be alarming however if he never passed and went 7/25 or something but that hasnt been the case.

    Leave the man alone hes taken huge strides this year, and is a huge part of the raptors success. Why can't you just eat the humble pie and be happy for the guy?
    I agree. I don't think it ever hurts to give credit where it is due. This guy is playing his heart out for Toronto, and he is putting this team back on the map.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."


    Demar Derozan

  3. #3023
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,125
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just read the last couple pages of this thread and the DD hate continues to be out of control. I think a few of us just need to be happy that he's exceeded expectations and gracefully bow out from trying to rip the guy. The need to qualify anything he accomplishes with an explanation on why it's not actually that impressive is a little bizarre. I swear he could shatter Wilt's single game scoring record next week and I'd read on here that he didn't actually impact the game because he only had 2 rebounds.

    We're really going to question his character, effort and leadership now? Beyond the fact that there's direct quotes from his teammates stating the exact opposite, I could have swore that all summer long I read that those were his ONLY redeeming qualities.

  4. #3024
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,707
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Fantastic post

  5. #3025
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,836
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    Just read the last couple pages of this thread and the DD hate continues to be out of control. I think a few of us just need to be happy that he's exceeded expectations and gracefully bow out from trying to rip the guy. The need to qualify anything he accomplishes with an explanation on why it's not actually that impressive is a little bizarre. I swear he could shatter Wilt's single game scoring record next week and I'd read on here that he didn't actually impact the game because he only had 2 rebounds.

    We're really going to question his character, effort and leadership now? Beyond the fact that there's direct quotes from his teammates stating the exact opposite, I could have swore that all summer long I read that those were his ONLY redeeming qualities.
    The thing that gets me is the kind of criticism. People just ragging on him like he's a useless bum who will never change...despite the fact that he's transformed immensely as a player since being drafted.

    I'm fine with criticism. I still criticize him at times. Part of that is wishing, and believing he can improve in certain areas still.

    It stops being criticism at some point though, and just starts becoming an exercise in finding any reason to "hate" on him. Especially, like you say, when people start calling him out for lacking intangible qualities that he has actually always brought to the table, and were previously mentioned as his only positives....sigh

  6. #3026
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,368
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The thing that kills me the most is I think people don't realize that he has EXCEEDED any of our expectations. This guy had absolutely NOTHING other than dunking ability to his game when he came into the league. Most guys like that end up out of the league or on the end of the bench after 5 years not making All Star teams. I could never rag on a guy that puts that level of work into his game. I am beyond proud of Derozan. When you work that hard you deserve EVERYTHING positive that happens to you in your career. I understand that he takes too many long twos and isn't the greatest defender but it comes across like people want him to be perfect or near superstar level for them to appreciate him and respect how much he's improved and what he's done for this team. The Lebron James and Durant's of this world who have little to no flaws only come around every 10 years or so. Just because Demar has flaws he still needs to work on that doesn't mean you have to talk about him like he's some third stringer bum at the end of the bench. If someone who never watched Raptors in their life came on this forum and read all the "criticism" people had about Demar they would honestly think he was like the worst player in the NBA or some shit. It's one thing to criticize because he does have flaws and he does have things even I want him to continue to work on but when it's EVERY SINGLE GAME almost no matter how well he plays it starts to come across like some obsession and like you can't give him any props because you want to prove some point. This is why people call it "hating". If Demar does 2 out of 10 things badly people will only focus on those 2 things and completely ignore the other 8 positive things he did well. Of they'll give him some back handed compliment. To me that hating not criticizing. But nothing is going to change so this is the first and last time I will be talking about this topic. I just normally ignore the people who criticize him 24/7 and keep it moving.

  7. #3027
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,368
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sorry for all the run on sentences and grammatical errors lol. I was in the heat of the moment and I forgot to read it through before I pressed send lol.

  8. Like consmap liked this post
  9. #3028
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,981
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Like i said on my previous post. One thing you can't question about DeRozan is his heart.

    Haters have ran out of things to say about DeRozan that they're now questioning his biggest attribute. His heart. Pretty comical really.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  10. #3029
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    The thing that kills me the most is I think people don't realize that he has EXCEEDED any of our expectations. This guy had absolutely NOTHING other than dunking ability to his game when he came into the league. Most guys like that end up out of the league or on the end of the bench after 5 years not making All Star teams. I could never rag on a guy that puts that level of work into his game. I am beyond proud of Derozan. When you work that hard you deserve EVERYTHING positive that happens to you in your career. I understand that he takes too many long twos and isn't the greatest defender but it comes across like people want him to be perfect or near superstar level for them to appreciate him and respect how much he's improved and what he's done for this team. The Lebron James and Durant's of this world who have little to no flaws only come around every 10 years or so. Just because Demar has flaws he still needs to work on that doesn't mean you have to talk about him like he's some third stringer bum at the end of the bench. If someone who never watched Raptors in their life came on this forum and read all the "criticism" people had about Demar they would honestly think he was like the worst player in the NBA or some shit. It's one thing to criticize because he does have flaws and he does have things even I want him to continue to work on but when it's EVERY SINGLE GAME almost no matter how well he plays it starts to come across like some obsession and like you can't give him any props because you want to prove some point. This is why people call it "hating". If Demar does 2 out of 10 things badly people will only focus on those 2 things and completely ignore the other 8 positive things he did well. Of they'll give him some back handed compliment. To me that hating not criticizing. But nothing is going to change so this is the first and last time I will be talking about this topic. I just normally ignore the people who criticize him 24/7 and keep it moving.
    No doubt .. No way anyone expected DeMar to become an all star or put up numbers like this, people always used to say he was just a role player getting starter minutes.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

  11. #3030
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    I don't even want to respond to this but wow just WOW. Do you really believe on what you're saying or you're just hating on the guy? because this is ridiculous.

    I do realize what I'm saying. On here, saying anything bad about DD will warrant serious backlash so I choose my words carefully

    DeRozan puts up his best runs when the team is down by 20+ points? no offence, but what the hell are you watching?

    Chicago game, Portland game for examples. There have been many of these in his career

    It's also pretty funny that you used the Pelicans game as an example because that was EASILY DeRozan's worst game of the season. You can't question the guy's heart or passion or basketball IQ or whatever the case may be just because of one game. That's just ridiculous. DeRozan is a guy that gets better and better every year. A gym rat. His first season in the NBA he literally couldn't do anything but dunk/jump. Now he's an all-star and now you're questioning his heart? are you kidding me? DeRozan's biggest attribute actually i think is his heart.

    I stated in my post that the NO game was an example for a much larger (5 years) of data. If you aren't going to read what I post, don't reply.

    DeRozan is just as important to this team as Lowry. He's their go to guy. Their best scorer. Top 10 in the league. You take him out of the lineup and the Raps are one of the worst teams in the NBA.
    Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Would've thought it was more of an IQ issue than lack of effort
    Well I think its both...but at some point you got to say to yourself that this guy wont beat me and close out properly, and I doubt the he doesn't know how to properly close out, speaking to a lack of effort. As for IQ, he does do random rotations 3-4 times a game that screw up his teammates so I don't know if he can read-and-react too well.

    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Bold 1: have an example of a lesser player that would make the team better and is more a team player than Demar? How can you think that Demar isn't much of a team player.

    Bold 2: what? offense is easy except when it isn't, but Demar only scores when it's easy? Is that what you were trying to say cause really it makes no sense.

    Bold 3: it certainly is debatable. Remove either guy from the lineup and the team would struggle greatly. At least GV is there if Lowry wasn't, which is certainly a downgrade but the Raps have no one that can replace Demar's contributions.
    Bold 1: Barnes, CJ Miles, Ariza, Mathews, Parsons, Webster, E. Gordon, Dunleavy, Deng, Waiters, Lamb, Batum. List enough?

    Bold 2: "Offense is easy except when it isn't"????!! Ooooo, how about, the sun is out except when it's night? Or, the wind is blowing except when it is calm? Seriously?? Try giving a legit answer as to why, which I did. It is hardest to score in tight games when the D is toughest, down 20 the D relaxes and it is easy to score, if you can discount this please let me know how.

    Bold 3: You remove Lowry from this team and we are a lotto team, you remove DD and we may drop a bit in the standings, but we are still a playoff team.

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Sometimes I wish I could "Dislike" comments.

    I'm just going to go ahead and disagree with all of this.
    (Took out the parts that were actually not debatable.)

    As for the Pelicans game ... its one game, and a complete outlier.
    Which was stated in my post, and expanded on that these types of plays can be seen in many games this season and past seasons. Please read my full post before responding with this. You are a moderator, and therefor I expect better from you than than the average poster.

    Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Not a vote in, which is a BS popularity show.... but chosen by the Coaches....a group of people that have to plan against the guy night in and night out. Oh, and a few of um might know a thing or two about basketball.

    Enough of this charade now guys, please.
    Well the coaches chose Joe Johnson over Lowry. And they didn't vote in Anthony Davis in the West. They make mistakes too. Its all political with teams and agents lobbying coaches to pick their guys for the All-Star game.

    **However I think DD does deserve to be an all-star in terms that he is putting up pretty numbers on the offensive end**

    Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    Just read the last couple pages of this thread and the DD hate continues to be out of control. I think a few of us just need to be happy that he's exceeded expectations and gracefully bow out from trying to rip the guy. The need to qualify anything he accomplishes with an explanation on why it's not actually that impressive is a little bizarre. I swear he could shatter Wilt's single game scoring record next week and I'd read on here that he didn't actually impact the game because he only had 2 rebounds.
    And I'm tired of hearing that he is the baby jesus.

    I'm playing devils advocate and you guys can't seem to understand that your home boy DD just isn't as good as your lofty statements.

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    The thing that gets me is the kind of criticism. People just ragging on him like he's a useless bum who will never change...despite the fact that he's transformed immensely as a player since being drafted.
    Well considering how bad he was when he was drafted I would sure hope he improved.

    No one has ever ragged on him like a useless bum.

  12. #3031
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,638
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Which was stated in my post, and expanded on that these types of plays can be seen in many games this season and past seasons. Please read my full post before responding with this. You are a moderator, and therefor I expect better from you than than the average poster.
    Oh, I'm sorry, which part did I miss? Where 'you' (The Starters) expanded upon the Pelicans game ... and didn't reference any other game what so ever? That's you saying "these types of plays can be seen in many games this season and past seasons"? Weird.

    OH.. you must be referring to "Dude is a dud on defense and I don't like what I see night in night out" as you expanding upon this as "All season and past seasons"... my bad.

    Must have been missed while trying to dodge your bullshit claim of "offense is easiest when down 20+, which is when we see DD put up his best runs."

    Buut, luckily, I could care less what you 'expect' from me. So there is that.
    In Masai we Trust.

  13. #3032
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    starting to think that OldSkoolCool might be akashsingh's attention seeking twin brother. Some of these outlandish claims/statements are getting to the point of trolling for attention, not playing devil's advocate. Go hug a CJ Miles doll.

  14. #3033
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry, which part did I miss? Where 'you' (The Starters) expanded upon the Pelicans game ... and didn't reference any other game what so ever? That's you saying "these types of plays can be seen in many games this season and past seasons"? Weird.
    Do you want me to list EVERY game the raps play with video evidence?? Because he makes these those types of plays every game, its just that there was a prime EXAMPLE on an episode of The Starters. It was a convenient video clip to back up the subjective argument that "DD is a bad defender".

    Let me re-post what I said and break it down for you and help your reading comprehension. -This is expanding on the fact that DD is a bad defender-

    Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Watch the few little clips they put together...mostly DD was guarding Evans and got absolutely destroyed, no effort, slow, bad rotations, blaming teammates, low IQ, no hustle, no challenge, no heart. Dude is a dud on defense and I don't like what I see night in night out.
    1) "Clips" - def. meaning excerpts, meaning examples.
    2) night in and night out - every game, apply clips to larger field of study, which is applicable in this case since DD has been a known defensive weak point. The clips are the examples of what we see every night from him defensively. Night in and night out = this season and past seasons. These are the same things. I'm not expanding.


    Put these 2 things together and you get the very simplified format for any scientific journal (because this is a forum, on the interwebz). 1) statement 2) proof 3) application


    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Must have been missed while trying to dodge your bullshit claim of "offense is easiest when down 20+, which is when we see DD put up his best runs."

    ***Buut, luckily, I could care less what you 'expect' from me. So there is that.***
    Well considering that this season 2 of his top 3 scoring nights have come in games where we have been down massively from the first half and DD comes out and has a good scoring second half against teams that have already packed it in is not as much of a "bullshit claim" as you think it is.

    ***the expectations of a Moderator are to be a civil responder who does not attack posts wrongly. You did. I pointed it out.

  15. #3034
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,638
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    ***the expectations of a Moderator are to be a civil responder who does not attack posts wrongly. You did. I pointed it out.
    I felt my first response was very civil actually. It got less so upon your response.


    And it's SUPER Moderator. Please and thank you. (obviously just a little joke...)
    Last edited by Joey; Sat Feb 15th, 2014 at 05:06 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

  16. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
  17. #3035
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,125
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

    And I'm tired of hearing that he is the baby jesus.

    I'm playing devils advocate and you guys can't seem to understand that your home boy DD just isn't as good as your lofty statements.
    I'm not sure what the lofty statements I made are? I've certainly criticized him in the past and probably will again in the future. I've talked about trading him and am still open to the idea depending on the return. My stance has always been somewhere in the middle of the two extremes that seem to butt heads over the guy so often on the board; I don't think he's the replaceable ball hog that conned BC into giving him an extension nor was I one of the people who wanted to list him as a top 5 SG every time he strung together a good couple of games.

    He's still got his homers on this site, and there are certainly still posters that overrate him to varying levels. I get that you are frustrated with them. But as something of an outsider to this whole debate it's pretty obvious that you're trying way too hard to come up with stuff now just to prove them wrong.
    Last edited by Fully; Sat Feb 15th, 2014 at 06:38 PM.

  18. Like mcHAPPY, Joey, white men can't jump liked this post
  19. #3036
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mr.Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    1,437
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ok OldSkoolCool.
    We get it. You don't think he's a good enough player for this team.
    No one, absolutely no one else agree's with you.
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

    - Walter White

  20. #3037
    Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    713
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So anyways ………

    What type of player would you want for this team as a 1a or 1b option on offense to pair alongside DeMar -- which will take the Raptors over the top into possible contention status?

    I'm convinced that DeMar can be a go to scorer on a championship team (notice how I didn't say #1 option)

    Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

    -- Charles Barkley

  21. #3038
    Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    713
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Btw, Lowry struggles with consistency too. There will be games where he's the clear MVP but there are some where he has little impact too, esp on the road. DeMar carries our team when no one else wants to do anything. He is the only player who can consistently take and make shots for himself (outside of Lowry)

    Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

    -- Charles Barkley

  22. #3039
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,347
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Somewhere between OSC and the swarm of DeRozan blind loyalists lies the truth.

    If the argument is he is an all-star so he is incredible, stop criticizing well start comparing him to other all stars in more than just points per game. I notice that the biggest DeRozan supporters are often the ones who ignore or discredit the use of advanced stats.

    But with that said I think he deserves to be an all-star, no question, but Lowry no question is MVP of this team. Politics and popularity are as ever present in the NBA as elsewhere in life.

    I believe DD is the exception to the rule. I spent a lot of time talking about he is what he is last summer and that was quite simply wrong. He might get even better - who knows. But I think he has reached a level where to reach the next one it is about decisions and consistency, in my opinion. His skills like everyone else's could get better but I don't see that as the obstacle to get over the next hurdle.

    I've always stated I like DD as a person from what we see of him. He has strong family values, he hypes Toronto, and he has a tremendous work ethic. So many want to spout hate and hater when confronted with any criticisms when that simply is not true. Here is the reality for me: I hate his game.... Not as much as in previous seasons but still do hate parts of his game. I hate long 2s, I hate an abundance of ISO, I hate my turn your turn, I hate shying away from the dirty work (but he has improved here), I hate watching him routinely guard other teams weaker wings. But I am encouraged by growth in his game such as ability to find others, getting on the glass, no longer an eye sore on D, well, usually.

    It is tough to have critical discussions in sports. For a lot of people they are emotionally invested.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  23. Like CalgaryRapsFan, OldSkoolCool, Puffer liked this post
  24. #3040
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,347
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure what the lofty statements I made are? I've certainly criticized him in the past and probably will again in the future. I've talked about trading him and am still open to the idea depending on the return. My stance has always been somewhere in the middle of the two extremes that seem to butt head over the guy so often on the board; I don't think he's the replaceable ball hog that conned BC into giving him an extension nor was I one of the people who wanted to list him as a top 5 SG every time he strung together a good couple of games.

    He's still got his homers on this site, and there are certainly still posters that overrate him to varying levels. I get that you are frustrated with them. But as something of an outsider to this whole debate it's pretty obvious that you're trying way too hard to come up with stuff now just to prove them wrong.
    I think that is fair....especially the bold.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •