View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    1 1.49%
  • B

    18 26.87%
  • C

    40 59.70%
  • D

    8 11.94%
  • F

    0 0%
Page 179 of 269 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 189 229 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,580 of 5363

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

  1. #3561
    Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Dirk, Ellis, wall, Beal, griffin all had shit nights and a bunch of others. If you're willing to write those guys off, write of DD. But I won't be joining you

  2. Like Joey liked this post
  3. #3562
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,331
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Griffin got killed by fouls. Not the same. He still had 16 points-3rbs-3asts in only 19 minutes.

    Wall had 16 points with 6 boards and 6 assists with 2 steals in 34 minutes. A "shit night" indeed.

    Beal had 13 points with 2 boards and 7 assists in 41 minutes. Bad shooting night more than not being able to get good shots

    Ellis and Dirk had bad games against the best team in the league, but it wasn't because they couldn't get their game off, they just missed their usual shots.

    DD couldn't get anything going because he couldn't get his game off because he doesn't have multiple skills on the offensive end. DD was BAD on Saturday. And I gave up on him sometime in 2012...

  4. #3563
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    3,193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    you gave up too early brotherman...... he's gonna light these bitches up nxt game

  5. #3564
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,331
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Superjudge wrote: View Post
    you gave up too early brotherman...... he's gonna light these bitches up nxt game
    I really hope so.

  6. #3565
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Griffin got killed by fouls. Not the same. He still had 16 points-3rbs-3asts in only 19 minutes.

    Wall had 16 points with 6 boards and 6 assists with 2 steals in 34 minutes. A "shit night" indeed.

    Beal had 13 points with 2 boards and 7 assists in 41 minutes. Bad shooting night more than not being able to get good shots

    Ellis and Dirk had bad games against the best team in the league, but it wasn't because they couldn't get their game off, they just missed their usual shots.

    DD couldn't get anything going because he couldn't get his game off because he doesn't have multiple skills on the offensive end. DD was BAD on Saturday. And I gave up on him sometime in 2012...
    You do realize that DeRozan for the most part was missing shots that he normally makes right?

    #1: Comes off a Valanciunas screen and takes and misses a 16 foot jumper from the elbow with a weak contest from KG.
    #2: Got the ball late in the clock and gets stopped by Livingston at the elbow with 3 seconds on the clock, has to take a bad turnaround fadeaway, misses
    #3: Open corner three, misses.
    #4: Even more open corner three, misses.
    #5: Tough leaning shot here, misses, actually did a good job of penetrating though he was only like 5 feet away from the rim.
    #6: Lowry gives him the pass for an open three late in the shot clock. He basically has to take this shot... Misses.
    #7: Takes a contested corner 3 here. The Nets feed said it was a bad shot, but he shoots a very high percentage from that spot.
    #8: Tries to draw a foul on Pierce on the jumper, bad shot and bad decision here.
    #9: First make, pull up mid range J
    #10: Gets all the way to the rim, past his defender but misses the layup.
    #11: Not even sure wtf he was doing here, trying to be Kobe on this play and misses
    #12: Fastbreak layup, scores
    #13: Drives and dunks.

    I count 4 bad shots there, and one was taken with basically no time on the shot clock. Only one was completely out of the flow of the offense (#11) and maybe you could say the one on Pierce was as well, but he was trying to draw a foul. It would've probably worked if it wasn't a guy like Pierce (who does that to people all the time) guarding him.

    Say he makes shot #3 (wide open corner three) then he doesn't even take shot #4 (would've been no rebound), the layup against Blatche (#10) and the first shot that was off a pick which he makes regularly. All of a sudden he's 6-12 with 21 points.

    I think his statement that he "just missed shots" isn't 100% of the story but it is pretty accurate. If he made a few of those ones that he normally was he would've had a much better game. Obviously, yes he took some bad shots, but I think every player does that an increased amount come playoffs

  7. Like torch19, Miekenstien, Joey liked this post
  8. #3566
    Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    You do realize that DeRozan for the most part was missing shots that he normally makes right?

    #1: Comes off a Valanciunas screen and takes and misses a 16 foot jumper from the elbow with a weak contest from KG.
    #2: Got the ball late in the clock and gets stopped by Livingston at the elbow with 3 seconds on the clock, has to take a bad turnaround fadeaway, misses
    #3: Open corner three, misses.
    #4: Even more open corner three, misses.
    #5: Tough leaning shot here, misses, actually did a good job of penetrating though he was only like 5 feet away from the rim.
    #6: Lowry gives him the pass for an open three late in the shot clock. He basically has to take this shot... Misses.
    #7: Takes a contested corner 3 here. The Nets feed said it was a bad shot, but he shoots a very high percentage from that spot.
    #8: Tries to draw a foul on Pierce on the jumper, bad shot and bad decision here.
    #9: First make, pull up mid range J
    #10: Gets all the way to the rim, past his defender but misses the layup.
    #11: Not even sure wtf he was doing here, trying to be Kobe on this play and misses
    #12: Fastbreak layup, scores
    #13: Drives and dunks.

    I count 4 bad shots there, and one was taken with basically no time on the shot clock. Only one was completely out of the flow of the offense (#11) and maybe you could say the one on Pierce was as well, but he was trying to draw a foul. It would've probably worked if it wasn't a guy like Pierce (who does that to people all the time) guarding him.

    Say he makes shot #3 (wide open corner three) then he doesn't even take shot #4 (would've been no rebound), the layup against Blatche (#10) and the first shot that was off a pick which he makes regularly. All of a sudden he's 6-12 with 21 points.

    I think his statement that he "just missed shots" isn't 100% of the story but it is pretty accurate. If he made a few of those ones that he normally was he would've had a much better game. Obviously, yes he took some bad shots, but I think every player does that an increased amount come playoffs
    derozan does not "normally" make 3's. He took 4 3's in this game that you say were good shots. They are not good shots for derozan especially in the playoffs and I cringe everytime he takes them. the 2 open 3's were still bad shots because we were in a stretch where all we were doing was taking jump shots and he had a wide open lane to the basket. so imo that makes 8 bad shots which is unacceptable in a playoff game. Hell, 4 bad shots is unacceptable! this is the playoffs, u cant just give possessions away cause u wanna be kobe.

  9. #3567
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    derozan does not "normally" make 3's. He took 4 3's in this game that you say were good shots. They are not good shots for derozan especially in the playoffs and I cringe everytime he takes them. the 2 open 3's were still bad shots because we were in a stretch where all we were doing was taking jump shots and he had a wide open lane to the basket. so imo that makes 8 bad shots which is unacceptable in a playoff game. Hell, 4 bad shots is unacceptable! this is the playoffs, u cant just give possessions away cause u wanna be kobe.
    2 of those threes were CORNER THREES. DeRozan shoots over 40% from the corners, so yes that is a shot that he normally makes. This is something you would notice just from watching games, you don't even need stats to tell you that he is effective from that spot.

    I didn't say all 4 threes were good shots. Two were great shots (the 2 open corner threes). The contested one was an ok shot, not great. The one off the pass from Lowry was a necessary shot because there was hardly any time on the shot clock.

    As usual you're not making any sense...

  10. #3568
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm not saying DeMar played well or excusing his poor play in that game btw. But it's not like he was just forcing up prayers all game, that's my point.

  11. #3569
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,053
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    2 of those threes were CORNER THREES. DeRozan shoots over 40% from the corners, so yes that is a shot that he normally makes. This is something you would notice just from watching games, you don't even need stats to tell you that he is effective from that spot.

    I didn't say all 4 threes were good shots. Two were great shots (the 2 open corner threes). The contested one was an ok shot, not great. The one off the pass from Lowry was a necessary shot because there was hardly any time on the shot clock.

    As usual you're not making any sense...
    Looking at your list, I'm guessing #7 is the corner 3 when he had 2 guys in his face but lost his dribble so jacked up the trey?

    If so, that wasn't a good shot. Yes he is trapped, but with his athleticism, he should be able to elevate over the defence and find the open man on the perimeter. If he was Durant, or Curry or even Korver, that shot is ok, but he isn't a marksman. He needed to make the heady play there and make the defence pay for doubling him by finding the open teammate (either directly or indirectly).

    Overall though, I agree that Demar didn't take a ton of bad shots, but he did have too many for a playoff game. He was pressing, which isn't a surprise. The whole team kinda was though, so that's not wholly on Demar, but as a leader, it's up to him to lead by example. I expect a much better game from DD in game 2. I also hope that the refs let Ross play this game, cause we could certainly use him.

  12. #3570
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    You do realize that DeRozan for the most part was missing shots that he normally makes right?

    #1: Comes off a Valanciunas screen and takes and misses a 16 foot jumper from the elbow with a weak contest from KG.
    #2: Got the ball late in the clock and gets stopped by Livingston at the elbow with 3 seconds on the clock, has to take a bad turnaround fadeaway, misses
    #3: Open corner three, misses.
    #4: Even more open corner three, misses.

    #5: Tough leaning shot here, misses, actually did a good job of penetrating though he was only like 5 feet away from the rim.
    #6: Lowry gives him the pass for an open three late in the shot clock. He basically has to take this shot... Misses.
    #7: Takes a contested corner 3 here. The Nets feed said it was a bad shot, but he shoots a very high percentage from that spot.
    #8: Tries to draw a foul on Pierce on the jumper, bad shot and bad decision here.
    #9: First make, pull up mid range J
    #10: Gets all the way to the rim, past his defender but misses the layup.
    #11: Not even sure wtf he was doing here, trying to be Kobe on this play and misses
    #12: Fastbreak layup, scores
    #13: Drives and dunks.
    i remember seeing this at the game and it was just sad. hes actually a pretty good corner 3 shooter and missing both when he was wide open just told you immediately he wasn't going to have a good shooting night.

  13. Like imanshumpert liked this post
  14. #3571
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,384
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    derozan does not "normally" make 3's. He took 4 3's in this game that you say were good shots. They are not good shots for derozan especially in the playoffs and I cringe everytime he takes them. the 2 open 3's were still bad shots because we were in a stretch where all we were doing was taking jump shots and he had a wide open lane to the basket. so imo that makes 8 bad shots which is unacceptable in a playoff game. Hell, 4 bad shots is unacceptable! this is the playoffs, u cant just give possessions away cause u wanna be kobe.
    Those two corner 3's were not bad shots, they were actually very good 3pt shots for Demar to take. However, he should not have taken them because he should have never gotten the ball in the first place. Amir should have retained it and attempted to take Pierce in the post. This may be the only way to disrupt Pierce and get him off his game. Post him up. Amir was in good position to make a move but of course he gave it up to the open derozan. If the Raps are to win this series it will be in the paint. BKN has too many players and too much length on the perimeter. We have to take advantage of Amir's length over Pierce.

  15. #3572
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    i remember seeing this at the game and it was just sad. hes actually a pretty good corner 3 shooter and missing both when he was wide open just told you immediately he wasn't going to have a good shooting night.
    Yeah when he missed that second one I knew he was going to have a terrible shooting game.

  16. #3573
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Looking at your list, I'm guessing #7 is the corner 3 when he had 2 guys in his face but lost his dribble so jacked up the trey?

    If so, that wasn't a good shot. Yes he is trapped, but with his athleticism, he should be able to elevate over the defence and find the open man on the perimeter. If he was Durant, or Curry or even Korver, that shot is ok, but he isn't a marksman. He needed to make the heady play there and make the defence pay for doubling him by finding the open teammate (either directly or indirectly).

    Overall though, I agree that Demar didn't take a ton of bad shots, but he did have too many for a playoff game. He was pressing, which isn't a surprise. The whole team kinda was though, so that's not wholly on Demar, but as a leader, it's up to him to lead by example. I expect a much better game from DD in game 2. I also hope that the refs let Ross play this game, cause we could certainly use him.
    Again I didn't say it was a good shot. It wasn't really a bad one though just meh.

    Agree with your post though.

  17. #3574
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,053
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Again I didn't say it was a good shot. It wasn't really a bad one though just meh.

    Agree with your post though.
    Not good = bad in my books. It was a poor decision and would have been a tough shot even if he was "feeling it"

  18. #3575
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Not good = bad in my books. It was a poor decision and would have been a tough shot even if he was "feeling it"
    Ok then.

    I just prefer to put things on a spectrum, rather than just black and white. But to each his own.

  19. #3576
    Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    2 of those threes were CORNER THREES. DeRozan shoots over 40% from the corners, so yes that is a shot that he normally makes. This is something you would notice just from watching games, you don't even need stats to tell you that he is effective from that spot.

    I didn't say all 4 threes were good shots. Two were great shots (the 2 open corner threes). The contested one was an ok shot, not great. The one off the pass from Lowry was a necessary shot because there was hardly any time on the shot clock.

    As usual you're not making any sense...
    I get that they were open and corner 3's but he hadn't made a shot yet and hadn't tried to get to the rim yet. We were in a rut and shooting jumpers. He had a WIDE OPEN lane to the rim TWICE. I still think they are bad decisions. He also had a wide open 3 from the same spot later in the game but passed it up and drove to the rim and got fouled. GREAT decision. Also that running layup from 8 feet out with someone all over him when he throws it off the top of the backboard was a terrible shot and unnecessary. Even if we disagree on those 2 shots, he still made way too many poor decisions. Now I see why you got so upset when I called him out in another thread. Blind homerism. If you're ok with giving away so many possessions just because you like demar and you clap when he takes terrible shots and they happen to fall then debating with you is useless.

    Basically every media outlet is talking about his poor shot selection in that game. You wanna act all high and mighty and say that I don't know what im talking about just because I disagree with you but YOU are in the minority here. It's clear that you would defend demar if he committed murder.
    Last edited by FoxMachine; Tue Apr 22nd, 2014 at 01:06 PM.

  20. #3577
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    I get that they were open and corner 3's but he hadn't made a shot yet and hadn't tried to get to the rim yet. We were in a rut and shooting jumpers. He had a WIDE OPEN lane to the rim TWICE. I still think they are bad decisions. He also had a wide open 3 from the same spot later in the game but passed it up and drove to the rim and got fouled. GREAT decision. Also that running layup from 8 feet out with someone all over him when he throws it off the top of the backboard was a terrible shot and unnecessary. Even if we disagree on those 2 shots, he still made way too many poor decisions. Now I see why you got so upset when I called him out in another thread. Blind homerism. If you're ok with giving away so many possessions just because you like demar and you clap when he takes terrible shots and they happen to fall then debating with you is useless.

    Basically every media outlet is talking about his poor shot selection in that game. You wanna act all high and mighty and say that I don't know what im talking about just because I disagree with you but YOU are in the minority here. It's clear that you would defend demar if he committed murder.
    no idea what the fuck you're trying to argue here. i'm a HUGE demar critic. WIDE OPEN corner 3 where DD usually hits 40%+ are good decision shots. no idea why you think there needs to be some prerequisite made shot before he should attempt them. you're just grasping at straws, buddy.

  21. #3578
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,331
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    You do realize that DeRozan for the most part was missing shots that he normally makes right?

    #3: Open corner three, misses.

    #6: Lowry gives him the pass for an open three late in the shot clock. He basically has to take this shot... Misses.

    #7: Takes a contested corner 3 here. The Nets feed said it was a bad shot, but he shoots a very high percentage from that spot.

    #10: Gets all the way to the rim, past his defender but misses the layup.

    I count 4 bad shots there, and one was taken with basically no time on the shot clock.
    #3 was quite contested

    #5 was a terrible shot

    #6 was not late in the clock, there was 6 seconds left when it left his hands.

    #7 10 seconds left on clock and HIGHLY contested 3...wtf

    #10 Did a good job of getting into the paint, just a note here that he can't fade away from KG on the drive and needs to try to go through him

    Overall I counted 6 BAD shots, and 1 ok one. Half of his shots were not good shots...That is TERRIBLE

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    2 of those threes were CORNER THREES. DeRozan shoots over 40% from the corners, so yes that is a shot that he normally makes. This is something you would notice just from watching games, you don't even need stats to tell you that he is effective from that spot.

    I didn't say all 4 threes were good shots. Two were great shots (the 2 open corner threes).
    DD only took 1 good corner shot IMO.

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    I'm not saying DeMar played well or excusing his poor play in that game btw. But it's not like he was just forcing up prayers all game, that's my point.
    He forced up a ton of prayers. (6 official for me, plus a couple more where he got fouled)

    There were a few more shots where he is pump faking and falling into players and GOT the call so we don't see those in the stat margin...those are such bad shots

  22. #3579
    Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    no idea what the fuck you're trying to argue here. i'm a HUGE demar critic. WIDE OPEN corner 3 where DD usually hits 40%+ are good decision shots.
    that's fair to say but I disagree the way the game was going. BKN was consistently getting inside on us and aside from JV early on, all we were doing was taking jumpshots. Demar had already missed some jumpshots and hadn't even tried to get to the rim yet. He had 2 easy opportunities to get to the rim to take us out of the rut. Plus its demar. He ONLY takes those corner 3's when he's wide open. 40% means he misses most of those wide open 3's and doesn't "usually" make them so we shouldn't be surprised that he missed.

    Either way, to say that those 2 3's were good shots so now everyone should stop talking about his poor shot selection... I mean, he had at least 6 other terrible shots. "no idea what the fuck you're trying to argue here"
    Last edited by FoxMachine; Tue Apr 22nd, 2014 at 01:31 PM.

  23. #3580
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Meh, I'm done. The fact that iblastoff and Axel for the most part agreed with my breakdown is enough for me, because both of them are usually highly critical of DeRozan. The fact that Fox is trying to argue that the corner 3 is not a good shot for DeMar is ridiculous so I'm not even going to get into it other than saying he shoots 40% from the corners (1.2 PPS), you need to shoot 60% from 2 to be that efficient. So that about sums it up.

    Hopefully he shoots better tonight and also attacks the rim more. Ross staying out of foul trouble will help to provide spacing as well making his life a bit easier.
    Last edited by imanshumpert; Tue Apr 22nd, 2014 at 02:17 PM.

Page 179 of 269 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 189 229 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •