View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 215 of 254 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,300 of 5071

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's just the fact that Arenas' best friend is Nick Young that might worry some people.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Stooley loves making assumptions Jesus.
    Not really sure you could find too many instances where I do actually.

Well I apologize. I just saw it mentioned as a response to those training videos, wasn't that crazy

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

JV setting the screen ^

Twitter - @thekid_it

4. Like OldSkoolCool, rocwell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is so much discussion about TRoss taking place in the Everything Demar thread? C'mon guys.
    In Masai we Trust.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Why is so much discussion about TRoss taking place in the Everything Demar thread? C'mon guys.
    Because after DD is shipped out for picks, TRoss will take his spot.

Post Thanks / Like

^^ Yeah, gosh Joey! Get with the program
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Originally started with comment Ross should be working out with DeRozan in all this all those Instagram videos.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Arenas was one of the most misunderstood guys in the league. Definitely not a cancer, just an outsized personality with bad judgment.

Glad to see Val and Ross doing some bonding too.

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Klay Thompson is worth the 7th pick, do you think DD would be worth it too?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    If Klay Thompson is worth the 7th pick, do you think DD would be worth it too?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Nope, because Klay is better than DD

(better defense and ELITE shooting)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

DD's better.

Top 10 in scoring, All star and is the #1 option on a team with no superstar. Klay's actually got people around him in Curry, Lee, Iggy, and Bogut. DD's only got Lowry, Ross, Val, Johnson. I'd take the people Klay has over the people DD has.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on man. DeRozan is better and its not even close.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually agree with you but you can't be serious?
    DD is better then Klay Thompson period!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks i really needed that laugh

Klay is only better at defense and 3s, at basically everything else Demar is better at

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Abbas wrote: View Post

Klay is only better at defense and 3s, at basically everything else Demar is better at
    So basically Klay is better at the 2 highest priority skills for a starting SG?

Even if DeRozan is a slightly better all-around player, I'd be willing to bet that Klay has more value around the league. Perception is reality and Klay/GS get way more hype, which only helps drive up his value.

If I was building a team from scratch, I think I'd probably pick Klay over DeRozan for my SG, simply for what my priorities would be for that position. It really comes down to what you need the player for on your team, I suppose.

17. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

Even if DeRozan is a slightly better all-around player, I'd be willing to bet that Klay has more value around the league. Perception is reality and Klay/GS get way more hype, which only helps drive up his value.

If I was building a team from scratch, I think I'd probably pick Klay over DeRozan for my SG, simply for what my priorities would be for that position. It really comes down to what you need the player for on your team, I suppose.
    If I need a player to be my main offensive option and get buckets, I'm choosing DeRozan.

If I'm looking for a very good complementary piece to fit in and be a good version of Danny Green I'm picking Thompson.

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

Thanks for summing that up CRF. Pretty much why Klay would get more in a trade than DD.

Quote Abbas wrote: View Post

If Klay is better at defense, and 3s, and is a better ball handler....other than getting to the line what is the "basically everything else" that DD is better at??

I got a lot of troll labels for that post, but maybe you guys should step back and evaluate what you want from the SG position in a team concept and evaluate players based on that.

20. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how much more value Klay has.

Right now, I'd say more because he's still on a rookie deal. However, that could change with a long-term perspective if he's really expecting a max contract. Klay Thompson is not even close to a max contract player.

I also find his D is waaaay overrated. He's a decent defender. Pretty smart. Has the mind for it. He isn't physically strong though, and that can be a problem on the wing depending on matchups. His quickness is also vastly overrated. He's a just above average defender at best, while DeMar is average at best at the moment. So Klay has a slight edge, but it's not like we're talking the gap between Kawhi and Novak here.

Basically he's a shooter and smart player on both ends. Not a great passer, rebounder or versatile scorer. That could all improve though.

So at the moment, DeMar is a better all-around player who's much better suited for his role than Thompson, and vice-versa.
    ->If you put Thompson on Toronto and asked him to be co-#1 option with Lowry, I'd wager our O would get worse and Thompson's efficiency would take a hit (possibly large one). We would really struggle to collapse the D without threats to get inside and attract attention, and while we'd have better shooters, we could struggle to create open shots.
    ->If you put DeMar on GSW, their spacing would be awful and they'd have too many guys who would need the ball in their hands. DeMar may actually slightly improve his efficiency as he'd face less doubles and opponents wouldn't target him as much in their defensive gameplan, but GSW would probably be a worse offensive team overall, and DeMar would see his non-efficiency stats surely dip.

Those are my thoughts on this lazy Saturday afternoon.

22. Like MACK11 liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Klay is better at defense, and 3s, and is a better ball handler....other than getting to the line what is the "basically everything else" that DD is better at??

I got a lot of troll labels for that post, but maybe you guys should step back and evaluate what you want from the SG position in a team concept and evaluate players based on that.
    If you want a good complentary peice you take thompson. If you want an amazing second/third option you take derozan. If we had klay instead of demar this past year we would not crack 30 wins.

Klay is only a elite shooter. But so is kyle korver. In my book klay is a younger better defending kyle korver. But then again korver is still a better three point shooter

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Post Thanks / Like

Every teams values players differently based on needs when it comes to trade talk or free agency doesn't it? In the draft you take the best player available but when it comes to signing or trading for a player, its best to go with whichever option if the better fit for your team (unless its Lebron or KD your trading for).
    Now, considering it was the coaches who voted Derozan into the all-star game wouldn't that mean that the majority of coaches see Derozan as the better player? Its not like the West has more shooting guards to choose from

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Page 215 of 254 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 ... LastLast

Thread Information