View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 238 of 258 FirstFirst ... 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 248 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,760 of 5143

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote EverythingBlaxx wrote: View Post
    He's making much better decisions with the ball, that's for sure. DeMar of the past would have seen two defenders in his path and driven straight into them with his head down and sulked when he didn't get the foul call. He seems to know what he wants to do with the ball before he gets it now. The play that stands out to me in showing his improvement the most is the one that starts at the 1:01 mark. All that dribbling he's been doing this summer is paying off and two years ago, he would have driven directly into Harden and gotten called for a charge

Agreed! He's definitely seeing the floor much better now than he used to.

Post Thanks / Like

i think demar has some mild form of aspergers
    ive been studying it lately and he has some traits that often associate with it as strengths
    it is wrongly classified as a disability

completely random stoner though of the day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote draps wrote: View Post
    ive been studying it lately and he has some traits that often associate with it as strengths

Aspergers - can't take a hint and does annoying shit

Most people have it or develop it eventually

Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Aspergers - can't take a hint and does annoying shit

Most people have it or develop it eventually
    its a lot more than that to be put into such simple terms lol
    its strengths are actually an incredible advantage for sports
    his quiet demeanor, awkward movement, incredible drive to improve and dedicate himself to basketball are some possible indications of it

Post Thanks / Like

his quiet demeanor, awkward movement, incredible drive to improve and dedicate himself to basketball are some possible indications of it
    Its OCD without social skills. All elite athletes probably have some personality disorder. Only average people are normal by definition.

Post Thanks / Like

My roomate was an elite swimmer with sponsorships and a shoe deal. Biggest douche and so were all his jock friends.

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

These are in relation to being questioned by reporters virtually everyday of your life, not exactly the normal situation most people are in.

I feel like aspergers is one of those things that has vague enough signs that you could make an argument that like 90% of people have it if you try hard enough (no offence to anyone if they actually have it).

Post Thanks / Like

Its OCD without social skills. All elite athletes probably have some personality disorder. Only average people are normal by definition.
    it varies between people
    but yea i think there is a huge connection there, to elite ability and personality disorders/autistic traits which is why i brought it up
    im surprised there isnt that much research on it, it would be a massive scouting tool in professional sports lol

Raptors Republic Starter Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL.

Demar is definitely not anywhere remotely close to the spectrum. He is an outgoing family man who is friends with like most of the league.

This is the silliest thing I've read on this forum. Quiet demeanor and a drive for self-improvement are indications of a "mild form of Aspergers"? Then practically every introverted genius in history had a mild form of Aspergers.

A quiet demeanor does not equal an inability to understand social cues.
    Single-minded motivation does not equal OCD behavior.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, it seems.

10. Like DrOctagon, stretch liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

My roomate was an elite swimmer with sponsorships and a shoe deal. Biggest douche and so were all his jock friends.
    a swimmer with a shoe deal? thats gotta be the first. is your friend Michael phelps?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    LOL.

Demar is definitely not anywhere remotely close to the spectrum. He is an outgoing family man who is friends with like most of the league.

This is the silliest thing I've read on this forum. Quiet demeanor and a drive for self-improvement are indications of a "mild form of Aspergers"? Then practically every introverted genius in history had a mild form of Aspergers.

LOL exactly... the way it goes it would mean everyone in the world is disabled cuz they are different from one another. SMH. These are stupid studies PHD students do to get their fucking doctorate.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    LOL.

Ok, first off, I agree, ridiculous, demar does not have aspergers.

But a lot of introverted geniuses throughout history probably did have mild aspergers.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Aspergers is autism and Derozan is not autistic. I have two younger cousins who both have Aspergers, he does not possess any of the character traits I've seen from any person with autism. The biggest sign is how the person talks, people with autism are extremely awkward socially and constantly say weird shit. Derozan isn't weird enough to have autism.
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Post Thanks / Like

are we seriously having this discussion.... fuck it gets boring around here in the summer
    People I Will Shame When The Cavs Finish 8th
    1.) Day One - 2) JordanMariam14 - 3) Stooley - 4) Ceez - 5) Sam17
    6) mcHAPPY 7) ImanShumpert 8) Scraptor 9) Demographic Shift

16. Like Raptorsnz, Jclaw, consmap liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    Aspergers is autism and Derozan is not autistic. I have two younger cousins who both have Aspergers, he does not possess any of the character traits I've seen from any person with autism. The biggest sign is how the person talks, people with autism are extremely awkward socially and constantly say weird shit. Derozan isn't weird enough to have autism.
    My childhood friend is autistic. He was only diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder during his college years. I never saw any symptoms, just some social anxiety problems. I always thought he was just shy. So there are mild autism cases too

Don't worry guys, NBA is coming back in 60 days. Our mental state is deteriorating. We need some real bbal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    My childhood friend is autistic. He was only diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder during his college years. I never saw any symptoms, just some social anxiety problems. I always thought he was just shy. So there are mild autism cases too

Don't worry guys, NBA is coming back in 60 days. Our mental state is deteriorating. We need some real bbal
    pretty much this
    no point going into some crazy argument about it, but there is much more to autism than the special needs image most people have of it
    mild forms can actually be a blessing not at curse

im so interested in it because at 22, i was recently "diagnosed" with aspergers
    i see demar as having a lot of similar traits as myself which is why i brought it to attention lol
    growing up as a star player in team sports really masks the social problems of it, because you are seen as a leader, it is much easier to blend in/be accepted.
    ive always been a popular person despite it lol

I swear im not crazy haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    a swimmer with a shoe deal? thats gotta be the first. is your friend Michael phelps?
    Shoe deal was for X number of shoes a year for training. It wasn't Nike. He got shoe + training clothes not money or just a stipend.

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    my sister actually has autism, she has the biggest memory ever, its just hard for her to put the memory to use. Like she will remember everything but just say it in front of people for reason really. Thats why having it in a mild spread is actually really beneficial. You remember everything but you can use that knowledge at a correct time.

She is so much smarter than I will ever be, if only she could learn to contain it right. So I dont see really any points disapproving dd having slight aspergers.

Itd be pretty good to have it namsayin

Summertime RR is awesome haha
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Who remembers DeRozan vs the Blazers? Man that had to be one of my favorites, if he hit the winner would've been my all time favorite Raptors game. (Only been watching since 2010/11)

Raptors Republic Rookie godkingleonidas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently, COMP10 was among the league leaders in "long 2s" attempted but, wasn't as inefficient as some would have us believe. Most efficient from 16-24 feet?: Deron Williams. Least efficient?: John Wall

Page 238 of 258 FirstFirst ... 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 248 ... LastLast

Thread Information