View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    1 1.49%
  • B

    18 26.87%
  • C

    40 59.70%
  • D

    8 11.94%
  • F

    0 0%
Page 249 of 254 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 5071

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

  1. #4961
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    7pm vs Puerto rico
    Damn, I won't be home. Please keep me posted guys

  2. #4962
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sorry to be the bearer of bad (or good) news but he was a healthy scratch.
    It's not just about Lowry...It's about the 3 spot.

  3. #4963
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,084
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mindlessness wrote: View Post
    How many levels does the man have?!
    RIGHT?!?

    At this point, never underestimate the word 'growth' when referring to Demar.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  4. #4964
    Raptors Republic Rookie godkingleonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default




  5. #4965
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Pretty good for the league's 17th best shooting guard.

  6. Like enlightenment, rocwell liked this post
  7. #4966
    Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Congrats again Demar! Maybe with this selection you'll finally get the respect you deserve from all basketball fans. Raptors fans are extremely proud of you and your efforts to represent us and your country!

  8. #4967
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    Pretty good for the league's 17th best shooting guard.
    LOL right? Where's Waiters and Oladipo though?

  9. #4968
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    LOL right? Where's Waiters and Oladipo though?
    uh olapido was already on the usa select team which is generally reserved for upcoming young talent and a stepping stone towards making it to team usa in future years. thats what happened to durant/westbrook/kevin love etc. same with derozan.

  10. #4969
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Waiters is on the select team also.

  11. #4970
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    LOL right? Where's Waiters and Oladipo though?
    That entire list is so askew that it's not even fair to single out Waiters and Oladipo. They're both good, young players who I'm not going to tear down just to pump up DD; I just think it's ridiculous that an all star/national team member can't find a spot in the league's top 15 shooting guards.

    Those types of lists actually hurt the credibility of the advanced metrics movement rather than help it. I wonder if they actually believe some of the stuff that their formula cranks out?

  12. #4971
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    uh olapido was already on the usa select team which is generally reserved for upcoming young talent and a stepping stone towards making it to team usa in future years. thats what happened to durant/westbrook/kevin love etc. same with derozan.
    Good to know. But my point is they are not better than Demar right now. I've said that either of them can become better than him in the future and they are both good young players but to claim at this very moment they are better than Demar is just ridiculous.

  13. #4972
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    That entire list is so askew that it's not even fair to single out Waiters and Oladipo. They're both good, young players who I'm not going to tear down just to pump up DD; I just think it's ridiculous that an all star/national team member can't find a spot in the league's top 15 shooting guards.

    Those types of lists actually hurt the credibility of the advanced metrics movement rather than help it. I wonder if they actually believe some of the stuff that their formula cranks out?
    Agreed. My statement wasn't to say that Waiters and Oladipo aren't good young players it was more to prove that they aren't better than Demar at this current moment. Especially with the improvements Demar has made so far this offseason.

  14. #4973
    Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    uh olapido was already on the usa select team which is generally reserved for upcoming young talent and a stepping stone towards making it to team usa in future years. thats what happened to durant/westbrook/kevin love etc. same with derozan.
    I'm pretty sure that Mason Plumlee was originally chosen from the USA Select Team... So what exactly is your point? You're the poster who said that Oladipo *almost* had as good a year as Derozan last year. Haha. Sometimes haters get exposed for what they really are.

  15. #4974
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Mason Plumlee was originally chosen from the USA Select Team... So what exactly is your point? You're the poster who said that Oladipo *almost* had as good a year as Derozan last year. Haha. Sometimes haters get exposed for what they really are.
    LOL. My thing is I just don't understand how as basketball fans, who watch not only the Raptors but many other teams throughout the year, are going to sit here and say Oladipo and Waiters are better than DD. All because of ONE stat that some random on espn posted. Anyone with a brain or eyes knows that is beyond ridiculous. Anyone can pull out a stat and make certain players look better than others. I bet there is a stat that you can pull out that makes Mason Plumlee look better than Cousins for example.

  16. #4975
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How about we let Waiters and Oladipo prove something first before we start just ranking them above Demar. I don't like calling people haters because I believe that term is used to loosely but with a situation like this I really believe it's hard not to call some of you haters. Even Dan H and mcHAPPY who give Demar constructive criticism and constantly point out his flaws don't agree.

  17. #4976
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Demar has to prove that he can play well in more than one season but somehow Waiters and Oladipo don't? Like where is the logic in that?

  18. Like 007 liked this post
  19. #4977
    Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Agreed. My statement wasn't to say that Waiters and Oladipo aren't good young players it was more to prove that they aren't better than Demar at this current moment. Especially with the improvements Demar has made so far this offseason.
    You're pretty much preaching to the choir right now. Only ridiculously biased or people I refer to as haters, actually believe that Demar is currently 17th best SG in the NBA.

    Using last years stats alone, he's top 5 PERIOD. We all know that if he played on an American team, he'd receive much more respect. The good thing is that the decision makers at USA basketball recognize how good he really is. The coaches around the league know how good he is. Honestly, a fair amount of our fans are starting to realize it too. Some appear too stubborn to move from their positions last year (iBlastoff) some have actually come around (McHappy).

  20. #4978
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    7,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Brick Brothers are back together!
    Rudy&DeMar

  21. #4979
    Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    LOL. My thing is I just don't understand how as basketball fans, who watch not only the Raptors but many other teams throughout the year, are going to sit here and say Oladipo and Waiters are better than DD. All because of ONE stat that some random on espn posted. Anyone with a brain or eyes knows that is beyond ridiculous. Anyone can pull out a stat and make certain players look better than others. I bet there is a stat that you can pull out that makes Mason Plumlee look better than Cousins for example.
    Exactly. I don't understand it either. I expect this sort've stuff from inexperienced fans who haven't watched a lot of games.

  22. #4980
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    You're pretty much preaching to the choir right now. Only ridiculously biased or people I refer to as haters, actually believe that Demar is currently 17th best SG in the NBA.

    Using last years stats alone, he's top 5 PERIOD. We all know that if he played on an American team, he'd receive much more respect. The good thing is that the decision makers at USA basketball recognize how good he really is. The coaches around the league know how good he is. Honestly, a fair amount of our fans are starting to realize it too. Some appear too stubborn to move from their positions last year (iBlastoff) some have actually come around (McHappy).
    Agreed. As long as the people who actually matter (coaches,players,GMs etc) know how good Demar is that's all that matters. I'm glad a lot of fans are coming around. Just like there are a lot of people who think too highly of some of our players there are definitely A LOT of people who really think our players are so shit compared to the rest of the league. You would swear they don't watch Raptors games or something. The Raptors are actually a good team with good players. People need to get out of the old mindset that we are shit and appreciate what we have for once. We aren't a finished product and of course we can do better and get better talent but only maybe a handful of teams can say otherwise.

Page 249 of 254 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •