Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Is that a good thing?

Stackhouse was never the most cerebral player and never much of an intelligent defender (got by on athleticism).
    Raptors front office/Coaching staff have accepted DD's game. So they brought in a coach that played like him to coach him. I don't see a problem with that.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Landry was $6.5M this year and next.

THompson was $6.9 this and non-guaranteed for $7.1m/$2.65 guaranteed next.
      yeah, so gave up all those future assets for only shedding 13 milliopn....we need to shed closer to 20 million....

Comment

That is twice as funny with your user name
        Haha. Yeah, meant to do that, but I wasn't sure if anybody would catch it. Lol.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Raptors front office/Coaching staff have accepted DD's game. So they brought in a coach that played like him to coach him. I don't see a problem with that.
          Does that even make sense? Shouldn't you bring in a coach that can improve your game, not one that will simply parrot the player?
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Does that even make sense? Shouldn't you bring in a coach that can improve your game, not one that will simply parrot the player?
            Fine tuning his game. Its pretty much like Warriors hiring Steve Nash to work with Steph. There is always room to get better.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

There is a problem, which is that the NBA game is quickly moving away from guys like Stackhouse, who was most likely the PIS champ of his day. Basically, the data is showing that these type of guys shoot you out of games and get their 20+ PPG (and individual accolades) at the expense of team wins.

So why would you want anybody in the modern NBA to be more like Stackhouse and learn from him? His toughness, OK, I agree with that. But not his shot selection.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                There is a problem, which is that the NBA game is quickly moving away from guys like Stackhouse, who was most likely the PIS champ of his day. Basically, the data is showing that these type of guys shoot you out of games and get their 20+ PPG (and individual accolades) at the expense of team wins.

So why would you want anybody in the modern NBA to be more like Stackhouse and learn from him? His toughness, OK, I agree with that. But not his shot selection.
                Well Masai is either out of his mind or really doesn't take much stock in PIS.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Fine tuning his game. Its pretty much like Warriors hiring Steve Nash to work with Steph. There is always room to get better.
                  Because Steve Nash is perhaps the best passer/shooter combo in PG history.

Stack is a non-descript chucker.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Because Steve Nash is perhaps the best passer/shooter combo in PG history.

Stack is a non-descript chucker.
                    Well Masai wanted him here. I guess Masai doesn't mind non-descript chucker
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

he was all that was left.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                        he was all that was left.
                        Steve Nash was available...
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Steve Nash was available...
                          Nash wasn't interested in coaching, especially away from his kids.

Any evidence that Masai over saw the hiring of Casey's assistants? Typically the coach gets to make the call.

Comment

Well Masai is either out of his mind or really doesn't take much stock in PIS.
                            I would expect that Masai gives Casey some freedom to choose a few of his own coaches. I would even guess that Casey previously chose the majority of the coaching staff, until this off-season. You can visibly see the tension and seriousness in Casey's demeanour on the sidelines, even in the pre-season with some non-Casey allied replacements available to step in, should the Raps stumble out of the gate.

And I seem to recall that Stackhouse wasn't even the first choice, as it was reported that we whiffed on a number of higher profile assistant coach candidates early in the off-season. Even some Euro coach. Not sure what that says about assistant coaches not wanting to join Casey's coaching staff.

Comment

Nash wasn't interested in coaching, especially away from his kids.

Any evidence that Masai over saw the hiring of Casey's assistants? Typically the coach gets to make the call.
                              Didn't Masai hand pick Casey's staff after firing all of Casey's guys?
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                I feel like I need a shower after reading that.
                                a.........Golden Shower.....
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X