No love for DD in top SGs in the league:

Kobe
    Harden
    Wade
    Manu
    OJ
    AI

Comment

• Andre Igudala is so overhyped... but whatever.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        http://www.hoopsworld.com/ranking-th...ooting-guards/

No love for DD in top SGs in the league:

Kobe
        Harden
        Wade
        Manu
        OJ
        AI
        Hard to put Demar in front of any of those guys. Maybe Mayo, but even he is more efficient than Demar

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
          Hard to put Demar in front of any of those guys. Maybe Mayo, but even he is more efficient than Demar
          I'd take Mayo over DeRozan without batting an eye. A more skilled player in general. Can get his shot off against anyone, is ridiculously quick, and has mid-range and 3-point range. My prototypical shooting guard.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I'd take Mayo over DeRozan without batting an eye. A more skilled player in general. Can get his shot off against anyone, is ridiculously quick, and has mid-range and 3-point range. My prototypical shooting guard.
            His undersized so his midrange is useless. Doesn't get to the line. His also a bad defender.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• It's funny that their college coach said that DD would be a better playing and Gay has said that DD is better as well.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                His undersized so his midrange is useless. Doesn't get to the line. His also a bad defender.
                You don't need size to have mid-range game.

Comment

You don't need size to have mid-range game.
                  You do when you have regular two and bigs closing out on your shot. There a reason why it's a game to have.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

You do when you have regular two and bigs closing out on your shot. There a reason why it's a game to have.
                    This implies that the only players who can score are those that have height advantages over their defenders. I don't believe that to be true.

A well-executed dribble move, use of screen, or back-cut is all it takes to create an open look from mid-range.

Comment

This implies that the only players who can score are those that have height advantages over their defenders. I don't believe that to be true.

A well-executed dribble move, use of screen, or back-cut is all it takes to create an open look from mid-range.
                      Iverson!

Comment

Midrange shots are easier to close out on. Having the height effect the shot being block/altered.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Midrange shots are easier to close out on. Having the height effect the shot being block/altered.
                          So many undersized players in NBA history (and even several shorties still active) have had a deadly midrange game. Is this even a discussion!?

confidence and basketball IQ > height

Comment

• Height on the mid-ranged game is definitely an advantage, but you don't necessarily NEED height to be effective. I'm going to use Raptor_11's example. Allen Iverson.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• OldSchool wrote: View Post
                              So many undersized players in NBA history (and even several shorties still active) have had a deadly midrange game. Is this even a discussion!?

confidence and basketball IQ > height
                              Name me some.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Billups, Paul, Mayo, Ford, Iverson, Kyrie, Calderon (just off the top of my head) they are all dangerous from mid range, and take at least a few of them a game

Comment

Working...
                                X