Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Ah k, he was just so dominant that I didn't bother checking the stats. G1 he dominated the boards and inside, even hit a couple of threes..g2 was practically all mid rangers/long twos though. Was pretty crazy.
    I think that might be why he's so effective, the ability to score from everywhere.

DD has to spread his game out a little more, either by becoming a better ballhandler to allow him to penetrate the D a little better, or by stretching his range.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
      I think that might be why he's so effective, the ability to score from everywhere.

DD has to spread his game out a little more, either by becoming a better ballhandler to allow him to penetrate the D a little better, or by stretching his range.
      I think thats the biggest limitation to his game right now. Many of us tend to focus on his D and 3pt shooting, but a better handle would make him so much more effective and a much better playmaker. I think he should concentrate on that in the offseason. There is lots of time for him to improve his 3pt shooting.

Comment

• #StankFace

Comment

• Watching James Harden the last 2 games in the Blazers-Rockets series has really made me appreciate DeMar more aesthetically. Yes DeMar takes a lot of mid range shots but there are possessions when Harden literally just holds the ball on the wing for 5 seconds without dribbling before doing anything. And even then he'll probably take an awful step back shot or flail for free throws.

Plus DeMar has one of the prettiest jump shots in the NBA (probably since it looks like Kobe's).

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
            #StankFace

Lol, almost worthy of:

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
              Watching James Harden the last 2 games in the Blazers-Rockets series has really made me appreciate DeMar more aesthetically. Yes DeMar takes a lot of mid range shots but there are possessions when Harden literally just holds the ball on the wing for 5 seconds without dribbling before doing anything. And even then he'll probably take an awful step back shot or flail for free throws.

Plus DeMar has one of the prettiest jump shots in the NBA (probably since it looks like Kobe's).
              Also, we can be thankful that despite DeMar's lackluster defense, it isn't as bad as Harden's.
              OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                Also, we can be thankful that despite DeMar's lackluster defense, it isn't as bad as Harden's.
                Harden doesn't even seem like he's trying.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DeMar DeRozan is one of the young players making statements in the NBA Playoffs. Good read.

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/4/24/56...damian-lillard
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• This won't swing the debate one way or the other but was anyone else taking it for granted that DeMar would make those free throws at the end of the game even though they were game changing free throws in the last minute of his second playoff game ever and one of only a few, if that, broadcast across the U.S.? That speaks to some talent.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      DeMar DeRozan is one of the young players making statements in the NBA Playoffs. Good read.

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/4/24/56...damian-lillard
                      Definitely agree with this bit:
                      Then there are the Toronto Raptors, who won a franchise-record 48 games and are learning very quickly what it takes to be successful in April. The first round matchup with the veteran-heavy Nets may be daunting, but it's the best thing that could have happened to them. If they find a way to win, it will accelerate their learning curve. Even if they lose in six or seven games, the experience will be invaluable.
                      Playing in these games, against guys like Pierce and Garnett is unlike anything you'll get out of practicing in the off-season.

Comment

Ok ok ok hold on there a second....

DeMar and Kobe have very different shots....one is ugly and the other is very pretty. DeMar has probably the ugliest shot in terms of guards who score more than 18ppg.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

DeMar and Kobe have very different shots....one is ugly and the other is very pretty. DeMar has probably the ugliest shot in terms of guards who score more than 18ppg.
                          demars shot looks pretty dope. i dont know he cocks it up over his head and like just shoots it. It looks great
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

I think I'm just a sucker for the leg kick out when shooting (not technically correct obviously, but still). Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And to be fair I maintain wholeheartedly that Harden's shot is 5x uglier than Derozan's.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                              demars shot looks pretty dope. i dont know he cocks it up over his head and like just shoots it. It looks great
                              As long as it's not extreme shooting behind the head like Michael Redd. I still don't know if I love his shot because it looked so odd or hated it.

Comment

I think I'm just a sucker for the leg kick out when shooting (not technically correct obviously, but still). Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And to be fair I maintain wholeheartedly that Harden's shot is 5x uglier than Derozan's.
                                Harden's shot looks so...odd.

Comment

Working...
                                X