No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You do not trade this kind of player unless you are SURE you're getting something better.

I don't really care what anyone says, it's rare to get a guy who's humble, team-first, extremely good and always willing to work on his game. The intangibles really do matter.

Comment

• Anything that makes it easier for DeMar to get to the rim is a plus, because once he gets there it's 2 points, free throws or both.

Comment

• This is pretty cool. What I love about this is that its only June 9th. The season isn't even over yet and he's working on his game to improve for next season.

Comment

• This is why I hate Casey. Most coachable player can't play team defense. Same with Ross and JV. Basically best team defenders are guys never coached by Casey.

Comment

• http://instagram.com/p/pC8VB7sjmp/

Here's more.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
              Why isn't he working on his 3 point shot in this 15 second video?...Etc etc.
              Cross that baby off.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                This is why I hate Casey. Most coachable player can't play team defense. Same with Ross and JV. Basically best team defenders are guys never coached by Casey.
                Amir has been coach by Casey. Actually I'd say that Amir's development has a big part to do with Casey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Amir has been coach by Casey. Actually I'd say that Amir's development has a big part to do with Casey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  He was also coached by Flip Saunders for 3 years, Michael Curry for 1 on a team with the 8th best defensive rating, and played behind Ben Wallace and Rasheed Wallace.

I think he was exposed to some solid defense prior to Casey.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    This is why I hate Casey. Most coachable player can't play team defense. Same with Ross and JV. Basically best team defenders are guys never coached by Casey.
                    This doesn't even make sense. How does a team with 3 starters who can't play team defense get a top 10 defense overall? The other two certainly aren't all-NBA defenders.

Secondly, Lowry and Amir were both part of last year's much worse defensive team. So who got better defensively, and how did they manage that? Teach themselves? Ignore what Casey was saying because they thought it was stupid and do their own thing that worked?

DeMar lacks defensive awareness, the stuff that can be coached: positioning, movement, etc. are actually quite good.
                    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                      This doesn't even make sense. How does a team with 3 starters who can't play team defense get a top 10 defense overall? The other two certainly aren't all-NBA defenders.

Secondly, Lowry and Amir were both part of last year's much worse defensive team. So who got better defensively, and how did they manage that? Teach themselves? Ignore what Casey was saying because they thought it was stupid and do their own thing that worked?

DeMar lacks defensive awareness, the stuff that can be coached: positioning, movement, etc. are actually quite good.
                      This, people are just underrating our guys on the defensive side of the ball. DeRozan and Valanciunas are average and Ross is very good while Amir and Lowry (debatable for KL) are elite. You can't have 3 guys that are inept as team defenders and boast a top 10 defense.

EDIT: And if we did, then Casey is a defensive mastermind. In which case you really shouldn't be disrespecting him at all.

Comment

• http://instagram.com/p/pFUBsFMjj9/

And just a little more.

Comment

• I think I know where Demar is coming from in a way after seeing that video. He's busting his ass, working hard and learning all the right techniques.

There comes a time when you've just got to relax and let go of all of that in game though. Once you've got all that stuff down, you've got to let your body take over.

Bah, as if I know anything.
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                            I think I know where Demar is coming from in a way after seeing that video. He's busting his ass, working hard and learning all the right techniques.

There comes a time when you've just got to relax and let go of all of that in game though. Once you've got all that stuff down, you've got to let your body take over.

Bah, as if I know anything.
                            Well yeah...the idea is that you work so hard on it in the offseason that by the time you get back to games, it's second nature. So that you can "relax" a little and it becomes like instinct where you don't have to think about what you're doing and can just react more naturally.

Love DeMar's attitude. Evidence that it may be the most important trait to look for in a prospect because it can make a guy really push himself to be better than anyone expects.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Well yeah...the idea is that you work so hard on it in the offseason that by the time you get back to games, it's second nature. So that you can "relax" a little and it becomes like instinct where you don't have to think about what you're doing and can just react more naturally.

Love DeMar's attitude. Evidence that it may be the most important trait to look for in a prospect because it can make a guy really push himself to be better than anyone expects.
                              This is a good point. DeMar's work ethic has allowed him to become MUCH better than he was initially projected to be.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                                This is a good point. DeMar's work ethic has allowed him to become MUCH better than he was initially projected to be.
                                Well, it was that in DeMar's case, but even for a more obvious talent, it makes you feel confident they fulfill their potential. Here's hoping they pick someone with that kind of drive this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X