Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
    Normally Id agree about enjoying the moment. Unfortunately instead of being a little more modest Lowrys empty the clip comment to finalize the series was a bad omen. There was a hostage taker and 10 hostages. DD sprayed the area killing the hostage taker and 9/10 hostages and said we won. One play away from killing all the hostages and a whole lot of paperwork.

Whatever - just dont use the same technique next time bozo's.
    Lowry was just backing his buddy up. That's all those comments were.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
      DD was mostly shit in the series.

but this was fucking awesome

I fully support DD taking it to the basket whenever he gets a 1-on-1. He's basically unstoppable in that situation and it's where his abilities are at their peak.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        I don't think they are at all. I think they are just acknowledging how talented and skilled Paul George is. Defensively, Deng and Winslow have nothing on PG. And that's not meant as a slight toward Deng and Winslow .. just PG is that good.
        He really is THAT good defensively. He's one of the few wings to lead the league in defensive win shares (2012-13) and by a healthy margin over Marc Gasol. DWS is typically dominated by the C/PF position. PG-13 was runner-up the next season (2013-14). Him and Kawhi are arguably the best 2-way players in the game, day-in/day-out. LBJ can be better than both those guys when he wants to be, though.

Comment

• Demar greatly benefited from Biyombo and JV's offensive rebounding. Once again his atrocious defense allowed George Hill and Solomon Hill to shine

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            He really is THAT good defensively. He's one of the few wings to lead the league in defensive win shares (2012-13) and by a healthy margin over Marc Gasol. DWS is typically dominated by the C/PF position. PG-13 was runner-up the next season (2013-14). Him and Kawhi are arguably the best 2-way players in the game, day-in/day-out. LBJ can be better than both those guys when he wants to be, though.
            100% Agree with the post, but with the Bolded in particular.
            Not sure its even "arguable" at this point. Lol

Comment

• I think his game 7 performance essentially helped his cause. If the Raptors lost, I think Masai would have helped pack his bags for him. But they won, and he had a DD caliber performance (scored but inefficiently).

I suspect he'll be back, even if he sh!ts the bed against the Heat.

Comment

• Atothe wrote: View Post
                Demar greatly benefited from Biyombo and JV's offensive rebounding. Once again his atrocious defense allowed George Hill and Solomon Hill to shine
                Solomon Hill lit him up for a whopping 4 points in game 7

George Hill had a pretty good series.

As per basketball reference

George Hill averaged 13.6 ppg in this year's playoffs

Solomon Hill averaged 7.7 ppg in this year's playoffs

I dunno about you.... But I can't really call that shining.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                  Solomon Hill lit him up for a whopping 4 points in game 7

George Hill had a pretty good series.

As per basketball reference

George Hill averaged 13.6 ppg in this year's playoffs

Solomon Hill averaged 7.7 ppg in this year's playoffs

I dunno about you.... But I can't really call that shining.
                  Can't just ignore efficiency.

GHill shot 56% from the field and 48% from deep.

SHill shot 47% from the field and 58% from deep.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                    Can't just ignore efficiency.

GHill shot 56% from the field and 48% from deep.

SHill shot 47% from the field and 58% from deep.
                    Regardless though, 7.7 points on 47% shooting isn't exactly "shining", or really anything to even be discussed .. and Lowry was mostly responsible for guarding George Hill, not Demar.

And yes their 3 point shooting numbers are a concern, but the whole team is responsible for that in my opinion, as just about everyone on the Pacers had several wide open 3s every night.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I think his game 7 performance essentially helped his cause. If the Raptors lost, I think Masai would have helped pack his bags for him. But they won, and he had a DD caliber performance (scored but inefficiently).

I suspect he'll be back, even if he sh!ts the bed against the Heat.
                      Is it bad to say that I am more worried about losing Bismack then DD?! I mean when JV struggles, gets into foul trouble or just fatigue, the Raptors do not lose momentum when Biz subs for him but its rather a welcoming substitution. As of right now I still dont have faith in Bebe to replace what Biz done this year without a significant drop off.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        Is it bad to say that I am more worried about losing Bismack then DD?! I mean when JV struggles, gets into foul trouble or just fatigue, the Raptors do not lose momentum when Biz subs for him but its rather a welcoming substitution. As of right now I still dont have faith in Bebe to replace what Biz done this year without a significant drop off.
                        Before you kill me and say that the sample size for Lucas is way too small, I am posting this fully aware of that fact. Still, interesting to see that Bebe has been reasonably effective in his minutes played.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

Comment

• DeMar has torn up the Heat this season. Besides the first game there, he's been extremely efficient and gotten to the line (three 30+ point games on 51% shooting overall, 34 free throw attempts). Expecting a BIG series from him.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            BB has been huge. I guess we could trade Ross for cap relief, and then sign BB using any cap space we get from that trade. Would mean that we can't upgrade our PF though for at least another year.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              I fully support DD taking it to the basket whenever he gets a 1-on-1. He's basically unstoppable in that situation and it's where his abilities are at their peak.
                              except vs paul george but against smaller defenders? definitely. its one of demars strengths that doesn't get highlighted as much as his usual # of FT attempts.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                except vs paul george but against smaller defenders? definitely. its one of demars strengths that doesn't get highlighted as much as his usual # of FT attempts.
                                Yeah, he gets a ton of those FT because defenders can't stop him so they foul.

DD should have passed every time he got matched up against PG, as should of anyone on offense with the ball and PG guarding them.

Comment

Working...
                                X