No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They got that Sprite Slam Dunk Champion, JusFly here to help and ALL he does is dunk...lol. Gonna be MONKEY!!!!!!!!! He's a canadian from Ajax, in case some don't know. Here's when he was on Global News:

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMX4ZPVeUKE
    Last edited by GameBreaker; Fri Feb 4, 2011, 10:22 AM.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

• Wow! this is the first time where i have heard Vince carter not mentioned as one of the greatest dunkers of all time.
      Last edited by sultkam; Fri Feb 4, 2011, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• I don't think DeRozan is comfortable doing this dunk:

Comment

• Go DEMAR Go! Redemption from last year, where he clearly should have rocked Nate - does anybody know if Canadian votes count this year or not?
          Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Comment

• thats sick! stop breaking them or we will fine you 5000 lol, to good. i wish somdone would break a backboard in a present game.... dwight howard or blake griffin.... that means u

Comment

• huskies2raps wrote: View Post
              Go DEMAR Go! Redemption from last year, where he clearly should have rocked Nate - does anybody know if Canadian votes count this year or not?
              They better! thats like voting bush for president but the southern states cant vote. lol
              Similar result to , when the guy they wanted to win doesnt they just rig the votes... typical americans.

Comment

• GameBreaker wrote:
                Yessirrr!! Darryl Dr. "Dunkenstein" Dawkins is here to start the juices flowing for DeMar. He's here to work on ideas and such. The man is cool and funny. Great personality and it's gonna be CRAZY to see one of the legends of highlight reels return to the game, in this way. Maybe he'll bring the inner beast out in DeMar. Check out his interview video, this morning:

Video Link:
                http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/dar...ins-feb-3-2011

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
                They got that Sprite Slam Dunk Champion, JusFly here to help and ALL he does is dunk...lol. Gonna be MONKEY!!!!!!!!! He's a canadian from Ajax, in case some don't know. Here's when he was on Global News:

Video:
                fixed...

-------------------

I can't wait till the dunk contest.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                  They better! thats like voting bush for president but the southern states cant vote. lol
                  Similar result to , when the guy they wanted to win doesnt they just rig the votes... typical americans.
                  Whatdya mean "typical americans"...they have been rigging votes in Egypt for 50 years.

Comment

• Dawkins suggested DeRozan might have the "little guy" advantage this dunk competition because everybody else is at or close to 7 foot. LOL

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post

fixed...

-------------------

See this is what I was talking about in an earlier thread. Those are competition dunks. Being a good game dunker won't win you a dunk comp. This is why I feel Blake Griffin is overrated and this is why I feel the competition is wide open for a guy like DeRozan who is bringing in experience and creativity to help him come up with his dunks.
                    Last edited by Apollo; Fri Feb 4, 2011, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• I have a feeling we're going to see some pretty ridiculous, gimmicky dunks this year. And alot of 'playing to the croud'.
                      It might be really good, or a horribly bad Circus.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post

fixed...

-------------------

Thank you, sir. Lol...I think, in all honesty, DeMar and his squad are gonna be the ones to bring the hype back in it. Notice how it's DD who's getting the shift of media attention, now? He's the shortest one in the Dunk Off, now..which usually is the VISUALLY higher jumper. His team, alone, attracts attention. Dunkenstein, JUsFly..PLUS, let's not forget, DeMar got approached by LeBron and Dwight Howard on stuff they'd like to see him do. People believe in this kid, yo.
                        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Dawkins suggested DeRozan might have the "little guy" advantage this dunk competition because everybody else is at or close to 7 foot. LOL

See this is what I was talking about in an earlier thread. Those are competition dunks. Being a good game dunker won't win you a dunk comp. This is why I feel Blake Griffin is overrated and this is why I feel the competition is wide open for a guy like DeRozan who is bringing in experience and creativity to help him come up with his dunks.

I love Demar, he's my hope for the Raptors, but seriously, have you seen Blake Griffin Dunk? He is not overrated, he deserves all the recognition and then some! I watched him do a 360 dunk with a man in front of him! Imagine what he can do with no one there bumping him! He is an animal! rookie season averaging 23pts/13rbs/4ass! That is absolutely disgusting!!

It's gonna be incredible when the two of them come out! If Demar wants to win, he should bring an entourage, and get Drake, Kardinal, Master P or Ice Cube to sing straight outta compton and have Dawkins walk behind him like Royce Gracie and his brothers before any fight!

Comment

• JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
                            I love Demar, he's my hope for the Raptors, but seriously, have you seen Blake Griffin Dunk? He is not overrated, he deserves all the recognition and then some! I watched him do a 360 dunk with a man in front of him! Imagine what he can do with no one there bumping him! He is an animal! rookie season averaging 23pts/13rbs/4ass! That is absolutely disgusting!!
                            I don't think it's so much that we think Blake is "over rated" - by no means is he or his dunking over rated at all; Blake is one of the greatest dunkers in the game, no question about it - i think what Apollo was saying is that just because Blake is a great in-game dunker, doesn't necessarily mean that his in game talents can translate into him flourishing in a dunk contest, where there is nobody to dunk on and he has to rely on creativity to pull off fan favourite dunks - although he's definitely got a huge advantage over the competition because of the fact that it's in LA and all.....it's going to be tough for anybody who's not Blake Griffin to get the kind of applause that Blake will get - fortunately, Demar's a Compton guy, so hopefully that will help a little
                            Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Comment

• DeMar @ The 2011 Dunk Competition

Sprite Slam Dunk Contest

The Top Pick

In his first year, Blake Griffin has proven himself to be a powerhouse dunking machine. Fans watch his dunks in highlight clips and viral videos, and are already whispering about Blake Griffin being one of the greatest dunkers of all time.
                              The Team Player

If you think Serge Ibaka is a long-shot for winning the Sprite Slam Dunk, then you don't know who's behind him. Ibaka is fiercely dedicated to his team, and is building his entire Slam Dunk strategy around representing for the Oklahoma City Thunder.
                              The Family Man

If there's no better inspiration than making your family proud, JaVale McGee has the ultimate motivation to win the Sprite Slam Dunk. As the first NBA player whose mother played in the WNBA, McGee would cement a new basketball dynasty with a win.
                              The Veteran

Brandon Jennings officially drops out due to injury and now it's DeRozan's turn. Having Sprite Slam Dunk experience and Darryl Dawkins as a coach gives him a edge over the other contestants. Can DeMar best his second place finish from a year ago?
                              There has been a video posted for each competitor except DeRozan. Check in later in the week to probably see his. Am I the only one finding it funny that C-Web is coaching McGee? Webber was never a high flier. He was a good game dunker though.
                              Last edited by Apollo; Wed Feb 9, 2011, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Sprite Slam Dunk Contest

There has been a video posted for each competitor except DeRozan. Check in later in the week to probably see his. Am I the only one finding it funny that C-Web is coaching McGee? Webber was never a high flier. He was a good game dunker though.
                                They've been adding each guy every week. So Demar won't be til Monday. I think.
                                But ya I found the C-Web pick a little curious. But I also found Durant a little curious as well.
                                I think Blake and Demar ended up getting the best coaches, but I think this whole 'coach' thing is a little lame and gimmicky.

Comment

Working...
                                X