Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    Demar's strength is getting to the lane. That's how he was so efficient his first couple of years.

Lower than it already is?
    Well, he's shooting more shots deep in the lane (0-3 ft) than last year (.153 vs .174), but hitting over 10% less this year (.712 vs .607). Does this not sound like a number that indicates DeMar is forcing his own too much? And this is one example of where you can't fault coach.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Not quite with Bargs, but pretty similar to Gay.

And that's Casey's big problem. He views his #1 guy as an iso scorer pretty much no matter who it is. However, again, it's not all on him because DeMar has clearly bought into this and plays with no conscience. Takes awful shots and fails to make even the easiest passes at times in favour of him getting his own.
      If Demar had a coach preach to him about Driving and Kicking above all else (which he doesn't and hasn't ever, to my understanding), and had a system that ran plays to take advantage of that, you don't think Demar would follow suit? You think he'd just keep doing what he's been doing?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        If Demar had a coach preach to him about Driving and Kicking above all else (which he doesn't and hasn't ever, to my understanding), and had a system that ran plays to take advantage of that, you don't think Demar would follow suit? You think he'd just keep doing what he's been doing?
        You must have played ball with a chucker before...
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• He's a chucker
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Not sure. I think it's alarming that at this stage in his career he's showing these bad habits when they should be getting eliminated from his game (and frankly were slowly throughout his career until now). And I worry if this will get into his head, since we all know he's always wanted to be that kind of player because Kobe's his idol.

Because even if a new coach and system preached that to him, and he bought in to some degree, some of what we see from him is stuff that is basically criminal (in a bball sense) to do. As in, even if he went from doing awful shit 50% of the time to doing it 10% of the time, that'd still be 10% too much (no one read anything into these numbers, I just chose them randomly to make my point).

Comment

• Lol Thanks JimiCliff ..

PS I've always wanted to play that song with regards to one of your posts...

Comment

Right. But he doesn't. So its not.

Am I seriously debating whether Field Goal Percentage is a valid Comparison point between guards?? UGH! LOL My brain says "Of course it is, what do you mean?". So I guess we'll have to leave it at that.
                Not all shots should be valued the same is the point here. 3PAs are worth more than 2PAs and should be counted as such because well, 3 points is more than 2 points.

If you shoot 40% while only taking 5 3s per game, you'd have a FG% of 40% and you'd be scoring 6 PTS/G. If you shoot 40% while taking only 5 2s a game, you'd be scoring 4 PTS/G.... And would have a FG% of 40%.

How do you account for those 2 points per game, because points are... kinda valuable in a game where if you have more points you win. That's why eFG% and TS% exist. To account for that difference.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                  Not all shots should be valued the same is the point here. 3PAs are worth more than 2PAs and should be counted as such because well, 3 points is more than 2 points.

If you shoot 40% while only taking 5 3s per game, you'd have a FG% of 40% and you'd be scoring 6 PTS/G. If you shoot 40% while taking only 5 2s a game, you'd be scoring 4 PTS/G.... And would have a FG% of 40%.

How do you account for those 2 points per game, because points are... kinda valuable in a game where if you have more points you win. That's why eFG% and TS% exist. To account for that difference.
                  I know how it works ... but you're trying to tell me comparing FG%, a very legit stat, between guards, is wrong. And THAT is wrong. In my opinion.

Comment

Right. But he doesn't. So its not.

Am I seriously debating whether Field Goal Percentage is a valid Comparison point between guards?? UGH! LOL My brain says "Of course it is, what do you mean?". So I guess we'll have to leave it at that.
                    Andre Miller > Curry
                    Tony Allen > Klay Thompson

"Splash Bros" ain't shit lol

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Well, he's shooting more shots deep in the lane (0-3 ft) than last year (.153 vs .174), but hitting over 10% less this year (.712 vs .607). Does this not sound like a number that indicates DeMar is forcing his own too much? And this is one example of where you can't fault coach.
                    I'd like to see how many of those shots were from cuts vs straight drives.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      You must have played ball with a chucker before...
                      Actually I have a lot. Though I grew up in a smart kids neighbourhood, so they started to realize shooting all the time was kinda pointless (pun intended) and started passing more.

Comment

Andre Miller > Curry
                        Tony Allen > Klay Thompson

"Splash Bros" ain't shit lol
                        Sorry? I don't follow?

This has gotten absolutely ridiculous.
                        This went from MACK saying Demar can't shoot, and Lillard can.
                        We pointed out Demar has a higher Career Field Goal Percentage, therefore he can shoot, and its turned into whether Demar is a better shooter. Which I've never argued.

Comment

Sorry? I don't follow?

This has gotten absolutely ridiculous.
                          This went from MACK saying Demar can't shoot, and Lillard can.
                          We pointed out Demar has a higher Career Field Goal Percentage, therefore he can shoot, and its turned into whether Demar is a better shooter. Which I've never argued.
                          LOL you were talking about how field goal percentage is a valid point between guards, so I found this .

I probably misinterpreted your argument.

Comment

I know how it works ... but you're trying to tell me comparing FG%, a very legit stat, between guards, is wrong. And THAT is wrong. In my opinion.
                            It is because you're not taking into account the value of 3s in FG%.

Look, let's say neither Lowry nor DeMar did anything else but shoot last season when they got the ball, but they shot the same amount of shots from everywhere and at the same percentages.

Lowry shot a 42.3% on FG overall, DeMar shot 42.9%. Are you gonna tell me DeMar CAN SHOOT BETTER guard cause of that? No, because Kyle spreads the floor, and Kyle shoots 3s etc. etc. FG% isn't that legit cause it overvalues 2s while undervaluing 3s. It shows as DeMar is "a better shooter" than Lowry. We both know he isn't because they take different shots. TS% accounts for that.
                            Last edited by Mindlessness; Wed Mar 4, 2015, 12:09 AM.

Comment

LOL you were talking about how field goal percentage is a valid point between guards, so I found this .

I probably misinterpreted your argument.
                              You definitely did.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                                It is because you're not taking into account the value of 3s in FG%.

Look, let's say neither Lowry nor DeMar did anything else but shoot last season when they got the ball, but they shot the same amount of shots from everywhere and at the same percentages.

Lowry shot a 42.3% on FG overall, DeMar shot 42.9%. Are you gonna tell me DeMar is a better guard cause of that? No, because Kyle spreads the floor, and Kyle shoots 3s etc. etc. FG% isn't that legit cause it overvalues 2s while undervaluing 3s. It shows as DeMar is "a better shooter" than Lowry. We both know he isn't because they take different shots. TS% accounts for that.
                                I never said he was the better guard. Man oh man. Please read above where I explain the debate we were having.

Comment

Working...
                                X