Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Note: Currently DeMar makes $9.5M which is 15% of the cap. 15% of $89M is $13.3M.
    I don't know if this is true, but didn't demar hit incentives which brought his salary up from 9.5 M?

Comment

• rapfan10 wrote: View Post
      I don't know if this is true, but didn't demar hit incentives which brought his salary up from 9.5 M?
      Good point.. DanH would know. I'd be happy to give him those same incentives if he'd resign for $13M.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
        *Takes back the mic from JimiCliff*

This is fun!

Ok since you asked Axel....warning... You shoulda kept quiet.

Danny Green shot .344 from the field in this year's playoffs and .300 from 3s through 7 games....yuck!

Ersan Ilyasova shot .328 from the field and .217 from 3s in this year's playoffs this year through 6 games.... Ugh.

Win shares you say? Lol you can keep that advanced stat.

So no, I would rather keep Demar than those guys. They aren't as good as people on here claim (looking at you too Primer) and they aren't even the focus of opposing defences.

I just killed Axel and Primer with one shot. I don't want to go to jail....I'm sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I honestly don't know what is more appalling, you're assessment of players or that you actually think you proved anything.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Are you guys really arguing whose the better player between DD/Green?
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            I honestly don't know what is more appalling, you're assessment of players or that you actually think you proved anything.
            Typical Axel response......check the real stats next time bud. Advanced stats should be taken in context. Someone playing 15 mins per game on a losing team is not contributing more wins than someone who plays 36+ mins on a winning team. It's a shame that I have to tell you this.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Are you guys really arguing whose the better player between DD/Green?
              I think the argument is what is better for the Raptors.
              DeMar opts out in 2016 and demands 18-20 mil.....or you sign Green and a guy like Ersan combined for less that what DeMar will want. Fills needs and creates more flexibility.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Also, while you can argue about how poorly Green fared this year, he was almost the NBA finals MVP last year.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Typical Axel response......check the real stats next time bud. Advanced stats should be taken in context. Someone playing 15 mins per game on a losing team is not contributing more wins than someone who plays 36+ mins on a winning team. It's a shame that I have to tell you this.

Advanced stats just use normal stats in combination to make them more meaningful. For instance, TS% is a lot more useful than FG% because it takes into account 3pointers and free throws. Problem with Demar is that even adding in his above average free throw attempts doesn't make up for his horrendous FG%. If you draw doubles and shoot like shit, then the other team is winning that exchange. Maybe Demar should pass more when he gets doubled instead of taking a bad contested long 2. The whole advantage to drawing doubles is freeing up open shots for your teammates, yet Demar rarely if ever takes advantage of that, choosing instead to force the contested shot and then pouting if he doesn't get a call. I just don't find Derozan to be that valuable of a player, especially not a max or near max guy.

Comment

• Why are we talking about Ersan Ilyasova is the better question? The guy is no more a "PF who can Start" than any of the many we already have.

I could very easily see Danny Green commanding just as much as Gordon Hayward or Chandler Parsons. I really don't see him taking less than $14M-16M.
                    Last edited by Joey; Wed May 27, 2015, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• I would be unhappy if it was 15 or over. Under 15 I could live with it. Lowry contract and I would be happy

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        He's special for a reason

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          Why are we talking about Ersan Ilyasova is the better question? The guy is no more a "PF who can Start" than any of the many we already have.

I could very easily see Danny Green commanding just as much as Gordon Hayward or Chandler Parsons. I really don't see him taking less than $14M-16M.
                          Ersan was literally a name that came up then was dragged further into the vortex of Everything DD.

Somewhat related though, would you rather Ersan or Amir at $8M moving forward? Factoring in that Ersan is under contract and would cost assets to acquire vs Amir who would resign and only cost cap space?

I don't think anyone really knows what Danny Green will command. Will he get a deal 4 times his current salary? No clue, but since people want to argue that Demar is basically worth 2 of other players, I have to play along.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Regular Season Per Game

Player G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% eFG% FT FTA FT% DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PTS
                            DeMar DeRozan 60 60 35.0 6.8 16.5 .413 0.4 1.5 .284 .426 6.0 7.2 .832 3.9 4.6 3.5 1.2 0.2 2.3 20.1
                            Danny Green 81 80 28.5 4.0 9.1 .436 2.4 5.6 .418 .566 1.4 1.6 .874 3.6 4.2 2.0 1.2 1.1 1.1 11.7
                            Ersan Ilyasova 58 36 22.7 4.5 9.6 .472 1.3 3.3 .389 .539 1.2 1.8 .645 3.4 4.8 1.0 0.6 0.3 0.8 11.5

Playoffs Per Game

Player G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% eFG% FT FTA FT% TRB AST STL BLK TOV PTS
                            DeMar DeRozan 4 4 39.8 8.0 20.0 .400 0.8 2.0 .375 .419 3.5 4.3 .824 6.3 5.8 1.5 0.0 2.5 20.3
                            Danny Green 7 7 29.1 3.0 8.7 .344 1.7 5.7 .300 .443 0.6 0.9 .667 3.1 2.1 1.0 1.0 0.7 8.3
                            Ersan Ilyasova 6 6 23.7 3.3 10.2 .328 0.8 3.8 .217 .369 1.2 1.7 .700 3.8 0.5 0.8 0.5 0.8 8.7

Those are the raw stats. Show me who plays 15 mpg? Show me how Demar is better than the combined contributions of these two players?

Here's the advanced stats if you want to actually really compare the players.

Player Season Age G PER TS% 3PAr FTr TRB% AST% STL% BLK% USG% OWS DWS WS WS/48 OBPM DBPM BPM VORP
                            DeMar DeRozan 2014-15 25 60 17.4 .510 .089 .438 7.6 17.0 1.8 0.4 28.4 2.6 1.4 4.0 .090 -0.2 -1.4 -1.6 0.2
                            Danny Green 2014-15 27 81 16.5 .596 .619 .172 8.4 10.3 2.2 2.8 17.5 4.0 3.9 7.8 .163 2.8 2.2 5.0 4.1
                            Ersan Ilyasova 2014-15 27 58 16.8 .554 .341 .192 12.0 7.4 1.4 1.2 22.1 2.3 1.7 4.0 .146 1.2 -1.4 -0.2 0.6

You have nothing to base your argument on. We won ZERO playoff games this year. How do you expect to improve this team by simply repeating the same process?

Comment

• When discussing something like whether its better to have Derozan or two other player who's contributions may be more than what Demar can offer, we have to keep in mind that Dwayne Casey is still the coach... nothing is guaranteed lol
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• To me it's really impossible to predict what I'd be happy with. I would just say that I hope players of similar level to DeRozan are signed first, so that we can gauge the approximate going price, and at that point I would just hope that Masai (if he intends to re-sign DeMar) can somehow get him for less than those other players go for.

It's going to be a very interesting off season in 2016 because of that huge jump. The first couple of signings should dictate how every team approaches their offers.
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X