Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Not to start a Colangelo bashing fest....but his way of hyping up prospects never helps, not just with DeMar. It builds distorted expectations among fans and really screws with the reality of the situation. He almost always comes out and compares his pick to a superstar to build them up. DeMar to Carter, Jonas to Chandler, Bargs to Dirk...Nothing good comes of that. Especially since the resemblances are always way more minor than it would take to really make such comparisons.
    I 100% agree with you. DeMar should've always been compared more to Rip or Richard Jefferson. Great, all-star caliber guys, but not franchise changers like Vince. A lot of people legitimately argued that Vince > Kobe back in the day... Expectations set way too high for DD (also kind of DD's fault for tweeting "Air Canada is back!" when he got drafted lol).

I like that Masai distorts expectations in a different way, where he plays them down and doesn't outline any specific goals or comparisons about a player's development when speaking about them publicly. It stresses the possibility that great patience could be required, and that you don't really know what you have in a player until he develops, however that turns out.
    Yup, much smarter, more realistic.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
      So we'd still be under the apron so we can sign DD and KD...

So in other words, DD, even if he gets a full max, does not stop us from getting Durant.

So can we please move on?
      Yeah, that's what I said. I said we would have to scuttle our depth to get them both (which would in theory decrease the odds of KD or any other star choosing to come here, as slim as they may already be). It's really starting to seem like you don't read my posts.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Yeah, that's what I said. I said we would have to scuttle our depth to get them both (which would in theory decrease the odds of KD or any other star choosing to come here, as slim as they may already be). It's really starting to seem like you don't read my posts.
        I read your posts fine. I think if we're getting Durant while retaining Lowry, DD, Ross, Caboclo, Bebe, Valanciunas, Millsap and room MLE, there's not much point fussing about a bench player.

Especially considering that at that point you have 8 guys and Bebe and Caboclo should've become rotation players.

Minutes
        Durant - 35
        DD - 35
        Lowry - 30
        Ross - 30
        Val - 30
        Millsap - 30
        Caboclo - 20
        Bebe - 20
        TOTAL: 230

There's only 240 mins to go around in an NBA game.

It actually might make sense in this scenario to maybe swap Ross for a cheaper backup 2 and a backup PF. Or include him in the S&T and keep 2Pat? Idk

Comment

• In 2001 when Vince was putting up 50 in the playoffs, leading the league in all-star votes and coming off his 3rd season Vince vs Kobe was a pretty fair argument..

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
            I read your posts fine. I think if we're getting Durant while retaining Lowry, DD, Ross, Caboclo, Bebe, Valanciunas, Millsap and room MLE, there's not much point fussing about a bench player.

Especially considering that at that point you have 8 guys and Bebe and Caboclo should've become rotation players.

Minutes
            Durant - 35
            DD - 35
            Lowry - 30
            Ross - 30
            Val - 30
            Millsap - 30
            Caboclo - 20
            Bebe - 20
            TOTAL: 230

There's only 240 mins to go around in an NBA game.

It actually might make sense in this scenario to maybe swap Ross for a cheaper backup 2 and a backup PF. Or include him in the S&T and keep 2Pat? Idk
            I think it would make more sense to move DD in this scenario. If you have Durant, why do you need Durant Lite? Now maybe DD improves in certain areas that may make him more compatible with Durant than Ross, but I don't see it. If Durant isn't the best scorer in the game, then he is second only to Melo IMO. And scoring is Demar's greatest strength, so I don't see why we would need, or even want, both of them as starters. And if Demar is a max or near max player, then obviously he isn't going on the bench.

Honestly, I don't see the appeal of that lineup: Lowry, DD, Durant, Millsap, JV. Lowry is the best defender. Bunch of scorers really, outside of Lowry (JV isn't a scorer...yet, but it is his best ability and where he has the greatest potential IMO). Unless JV turns into an All-NBA rim defender I'm not on board. I'd rather Lowry, Ross, Durant, Amir, JV.

Anyways, doesn't really matter because I agree with you that Durant isn't signing here. Vasquez and his liking of VC when he was a kid isn't gonna cut it (and who didn't like or respect or admire VC when he was tearing it up on his rookie contract?).

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Not to start a Colangelo bashing fest....but his way of hyping up prospects never helps, not just with DeMar. It builds distorted expectations among fans and really screws with the reality of the situation. He almost always comes out and compares his pick to a superstar to build them up. DeMar to Carter, Jonas to Chandler, Bargs to Dirk...Nothing good comes of that. Especially since the resemblances are always way more minor than it would take to really make such comparisons.

I like that Masai distorts expectations in a different way, where he plays them down and doesn't outline any specific goals or comparisons about a player's development when speaking about them publicly. It stresses the possibility that great patience could be required, and that you don't really know what you have in a player until he develops, however that turns out.
              Not to kick up any dust either but over selling/under selling is a matter of preference. BC's shtick got him the job. The puckheads pretend not to go in on marketing, name dropping and headlining. AB is the next Dirk because an NBA fan not already watching MLSE ignore the Raptors might tune in. BC and Tanenbaum aren't in it for the Jimmys and Joes on RRepublic, they have ad dollars to wring from sponsors targeting ethnic types, new migrants, and urban youths.

Criticize BC's sales first approach if you will but mind you someone has to move Newton's before someone better can move iPads. I don't have the stats to back this, so, I'll call it hunch that we picked up some viewers and fans(maybe got them back since the VC debacle) with BC at the helm.

Oh to mcHappy and DanH, BC needed a win. Aaron Goodwin had him over a barrel. History suggested we'd over pay, for we beat ourselves in negotiations thinking ESPN and the Metric system had us by the balls. BC got out with his shirt and DD made him look like a genius that read the reports from the coaching staff and the metrics crowd; he HAD to improve.
              Last edited by Raptor Jesus; Sat Jul 19, 2014, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• Damn. That's an all star cast. Andray Blatche Philippines team has no chance lol.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Damn. That's an all star cast. Andray Blatche Philippines team has no chance lol.

Ugh! They took down the video
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Has this been posted yet? because.........ouch

Comment

• A golden Oldy... DeMar creepin' for that Exit!

Comment

• Rapzilla wrote: View Post
                        A golden Oldy... DeMar creepin' for that Exit!

For whatever reason I find this very hilarious.

I love the mix between mean mugging and huge smiles haha
                        Myself (March 2014):
                        The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

is that Jennings in that pic too?

sooo many over-sized plain white T's

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                            is that Jennings in that pic too?

sooo many over-sized plain white T's
                            #BoutDatLife

Comment

What's Anthony Bennett doing in Compton?

Comment

• DeRozan's production this year was virtually identical to WCF Melo btw.

Comment

Working...
                                X