Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weems or DeRozan?

I realize this is going to spark up a lot of controversy but that's what makes these places kind of fun.

So i know there are a lot of people out there who do not like Weems because he had a bad season last year and lost focus, but if you see any of his games from Lithuania, he seems very calm and mature in his approach. He's having a much better year than DeRozan has had so far and seems to have a better handle and shot. He basically plays the same position as deRozan and is just a little shorter.

thoughts, rants, complaints?

Comment

• If we don't get any SF from Draft, we could keep both of them and play both of them at time, but DeMar should prove, that we needn't any player to replace him.
      (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

• No disrespect to the league Weems is playing in overseas, but I don't think the comparison is fair. NBA is the obvious crème de la crème of the basketball world and the pressure to perform here can't be compared anywhere else in my opinion. You put DeMar over in Lithuania and I bet he takes the league by storm even moreso than Weems is currently. I'm much more comfortable with a struggling DeMar then a Sonny period.

Comment

• I am still with Demar but what I liked when Weems was backing him up was they pushed each other and often when one was having an off day the other was not. This would mean that Weems would have to accept being the bench backup guy and if he has learned anything in the European leagues hopefully maturity is one of them.

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
            You put DeMar over in Lithuania and I bet he takes the league by storm even moreso than Weems is currently.
            I don't think so... Shooters fit better in European basketball (we all know DeMar isn't great shooter) athleticism is advantage too, but there aren't defencive 3 seconds rule, so if you decide drive to the rim, you are going to face with at least one big guy near the basket. I think that's why Ty Lawson struggled in Lithuania.
            Last edited by japetas; Fri Jan 13, 2012, 01:12 AM.
            (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

• an insult to demar to compare the 2. demar hands down. better athleticism, attitude, and upside.weems is a gary forbes type player who was given a chance to fit in the rotation and got big headed. if the team had of signed weems to 5 mil per like amir got we would be stuck with a bench player making starters money for the length of his contract.

Comment

• read the name

Comment

• I'd take Weems. I was never big on Demar. He shy's from contact when he attacks the rim. I've always preferred Weems.
                  Peace. Positivity. Prosperity.

Comment

• i wanna hear his stories of Eastern European debauchery..... so i pick Weems..

Comment

• DeMar DeRozan! he'll get outta this slump soon. Hopefully soon is tonight

Comment

No disrespect to the league Weems is playing in overseas, but I don't think the comparison is fair. NBA is the obvious crème de la crème of the basketball world and the pressure to perform here can't be compared anywhere else in my opinion. You put DeMar over in Lithuania and I bet he takes the league by storm even moreso than Weems is currently. I'm much more comfortable with a struggling DeMar then a Sonny period.
                        Good post Doc. I get that some people like Weems but come on, he's not as talented as DeRozan and he's not as young. On a good team Weems would have trouble getting off the bench most nights. On a good team DeRozan would be third option on the court. Somebody is overreacting around here, I think.

Comment

• Man......why would anyone want Sonny Weems back? Y'all who want him back clearly don't remember that he was the most difficult player to watch on the court last year (except maybe Bargs but at least that was always on one end of the floor only)....took more aimless drives into the paint than Jerryd Bayless, except at least Bayless gets to the rim before throwing the ball away. He would fall asleep just as much as Demar on D. In my opinion the question cannot be Weems vs. Demar because other than 5 bad games, Demar has shown crazy amounts of improvement since he got to the NBA. Yeah, he's got a lot of room to grow, but he's just going through a slump. I bet none of the people voting for Sonny would have done so after that crazy shooting night Demar had before the slump.

One last thought though, if Sonny has some sort of miraculous, Anthony Parker-type Euroleague season, maybe we should see if he wants to come back to play SF with Demar, assuming we have no better options via trades/free agency. As much as I hated watching Weems last year, I loved watching him the first year. He does have the right physical tools and enough game that if he ever tightens it he should be a pretty good role player: should be able to knock down shots, play within the offense and be a good defensive player. One thing that I'm starting to realize is that this free agency class is really not anything spectacular. Most of the big names are too old to spend money on, and the others will be near impossible to get here.

Comment

No disrespect to the league Weems is playing in overseas, but I don't think the comparison is fair. NBA is the obvious crème de la crème of the basketball world and the pressure to perform here can't be compared anywhere else in my opinion. You put DeMar over in Lithuania and I bet he takes the league by storm even moreso than Weems is currently. I'm much more comfortable with a struggling DeMar then a Sonny period.
                            Was this intended to sound like a weather forecast

Comment

• i don't give a shit what raptors want. we keeping Sonny in Lithuania

Comment

• I find this insulting to DeRozan as well.. Weems has never shown the ability to be anything but a bench player, and as we can all recall from last year, he's definitely had his inconsistent stretches. Just because DeRozan is struggling right now doesn't take away from his overall potential.. I don't think this would even be questioned if DeRozan hadn't been struggling, and I honestly think what we've been getting out of Weems is what we can except his whole career, give or take a little.. DeRozan has the potential to be much better, and he will be.

Don't get me wrong, I like Weems when he's not being too selfish.. He does like to shoot.. Anyways, for those people saying they hope he's back with the Raptors when he's done overseas.. Didn't he already say he was coming back to Toronto?

Comment

Working...
                                X