• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sign and trade to LA for Randle.

Problem solved

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      I think you can flip a coin between the two. Butler is more physical but George has better length. Two slightly different but both elite perimeter defenders.
      In my nightmares, Chicago and Indiana blow up their team and Butler and George both some how end up in Boston being coached by Brad Stevens.

And then I spend the next decade not watching Boston kill us
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• or San Antonio somehow snags one of them to pair with Kawhi Leonard ... or both and they play small ball yup...that's the nightmare now
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
          Did Demar just prove in two games that we're better off without him? Even if we get nothing back in return?
          No.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            No.
            It was rhetorical!

And the answer is "yes".

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Not to take anything away from George, but the best perimeter defender in the East is very likely Jimmy Butler.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
              the best perimeter defender in the east is lebron james. he still plays

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                Sign and trade to LA for Randle.

Problem solved
                if there is anything i want it is randle. wow. that kid is fucking good.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  the best perimeter defender in the east is lebron james. he still plays
                  I'm not sure that's true at this point in his career.

Comment

• I will say you swap DD for Paul George and this Raptors roster is a contender - hands down.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Ok.

derozan has had 2 bad games here. He was one of the only guys that showed up last year, so it isn't a playoff issue, its just 2 bad games.

I'm usually the first to rip into a guy but lets be fair here. Derozan is third in the NBA at getting to the line, he uses it to set up his jumper and he is EXTREMELY effective at it. It's no mystery the Indiana's head coach basically demanded in the days before game one that the NBA examine Toronto's ability to get to the line. You can call is savvy if you'd like, I think its BS, but it is what it is. The end result is obvious. derozan has made many, may attempts to get to the line with no whistles going his way, almost zero. I paid very close attention to it as I thought Vogels comments would have the exact affect, it doesn't take much to get the NBA to get touch on Toronto with the calls...

What does DD do?

Well thats tough, you can see he's very hesitant to turn the corner and drive now, he isn't getting calls and is being bodied pretty badly. So he's feeling pressure to shoot and produce and he's simply not taking comfortable shots. He could maybe continue to take the ball in and force the refs to make calls, thats about it, and I think its his best bet, however he needs a little help from his own coach and gm in the media as lets face it, derozan is a good player with a special skillset, there is ZERO justification for the NBA to take that away, just because "its the playoffs" and Vogel whined about it. JV sure as shit isn't getting that "its the playoffs" leeway, so why do the indiana players get it?

in the end, you need to be aggressive to swing that call momentum your way, and thats what DD needs to be..... to insult the guy or criticize him past that is ridiculous. This team ain't where it is without him.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        Ok.

derozan has had 2 bad games here. He was one of the only guys that showed up last year, so it isn't a playoff issue, its just 2 bad games.

I'm usually the first to rip into a guy but lets be fair here. Derozan is third in the NBA at getting to the line, he uses it to set up his jumper and he is EXTREMELY effective at it. It's no mystery the Indiana's head coach basically demanded in the days before game one that the NBA examine Toronto's ability to get to the line. You can call is savvy if you'd like, I think its BS, but it is what it is. The end result is obvious. derozan has made many, may attempts to get to the line with no whistles going his way, almost zero. I paid very close attention to it as I thought Vogels comments would have the exact affect, it doesn't take much to get the NBA to get touch on Toronto with the calls...

What does DD do?

Well thats tough, you can see he's very hesitant to turn the corner and drive now, he isn't getting calls and is being bodied pretty badly. So he's feeling pressure to shoot and produce and he's simply not taking comfortable shots. He could maybe continue to take the ball in and force the refs to make calls, thats about it, and I think its his best bet, however he needs a little help from his own coach and gm in the media as lets face it, derozan is a good player with a special skillset, there is ZERO justification for the NBA to take that away, just because "its the playoffs" and Vogel whined about it. JV sure as shit isn't getting that "its the playoffs" leeway, so why do the indiana players get it?

in the end, you need to be aggressive to swing that call momentum your way, and thats what DD needs to be..... to insult the guy or criticize him past that is ridiculous. This team ain't where it is without him.
                        this is all he can do when the lane is open. if the lane isn't open he has to give up the ball. he needs to force the refs to give it to him. don't expect it. like jordon with the pistons, just keep going at the hole. again if the lane is open. go up strong. i would even go balls out and a giant leap and dare someone to take the full charge as hard as i can go. not going to get a flagrant on that play and it would be a better charge then the shit he is getting called on.

casey should also mention, let drop, in an interview all of george's push offs to create space.

Comment

• I'm not gonna toss him under the bus yet. I like derozan, i think he'll bounce back.

But damn....

hahahha

Comment

I'm not gonna toss him under the bus yet. I like derozan, i think he'll bounce back.

But damn....

hahahha
                            yeah me neither. in this specific series he has the toughest job. if/when george starts to slow down on offense it could be attributed to the effort of slowing down demar.

one of the best defensive teams zeroing in on demar, who has obvious faults, with one of the leagues best defenders, who has the attributes that demar has struggled with in the past, shouldn't be met with surprise. george is playing fucking great so far.

demar has to recognize that what he is doing isn't working and probably won't work unless the pacers start relaxing on defense, they won't, and make the smart play. the easiest thing to do is send the lob up for val. it has been there the past two games.

Comment

• thats true, but he also needs to force the refs to make a call, they are completely fuckin ghim right now. I dont care what anyone says....how many fts has he had? He almost led theleague in the reg season, now all of a sudden.....?

Comment

thats true, but he also needs to force the refs to make a call, they are completely fuckin ghim right now. I dont care what anyone says....how many fts has he had? He almost led theleague in the reg season, now all of a sudden.....?
                                I haven't seen very many plays where he gets into the lane. He's basically getting stopped at the point of attack, or defended well
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X