Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I personally feel his defense is really good WHEN he puts the effort in. Last night's game, game vs. Clippers in Gay's debut, he was really, really good defensively.
    I see him struggling against guys who can cross him up like he's so aware about the possibility; and quicker guards in general.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
      Not to mention, he actually gets calls now. His post game has improved, release is looking cleaner although he tends to fade, he elevates well and he is getting more comfortable handling the ball. He still needs consistency overall but he has taken a big step forward as a professional.

His defense, however, leaves a lot to be desired. Can you improve your lateral quicks? I'm not sure if he can but it would be nice for him to be as physical and aggressive on defense as he is scoring.
      He needs to do some football drills, that would improve his lateral quicks so much.

Comment

• .... Or take whatever LeBron James is on. Lol
        “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• I think Demar could become an allstar next season.

Comment

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post
            I think Demar could become an allstar next season.
            If he continues his upward progression, yeah I can see him in there with Rudy.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• As per Eric Koreen, thanks the Bargnani's disppearing act, DeRozan instantly becomes our biggest trade asset this offseason.

DeRozan’s is the most uncertain case on the roster. On the one hand, he has quieted concerns about his ability to play alongside Gay — he averaged close to 20 points per game, getting to the free-throw line 7.5 times per game in 12 contests in February playing with Gay.

However, what was said at the time of the trade still stands: Both Gay and DeRozan cannot consistently hit the three-point shot, defend at a high level or create for others.

More to the point, DeRozan is one of the Raptors’ more intriguing trade assets. There are not many productive, young shooting guards in the league. The four-year, US$38-million contract extension DeRozan signed this off-season thus become a reasonable investment. The Raptors owe it to themselves to see if other teams agree.
              http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...d-who-will-go/

Comment

• As per Eric Koreen, thanks to the Bargnani's disppearing act, DeRozan instantly becomes our biggest trade asset this offseason.

DeRozan’s is the most uncertain case on the roster. On the one hand, he has quieted concerns about his ability to play alongside Gay — he averaged close to 20 points per game, getting to the free-throw line 7.5 times per game in 12 contests in February playing with Gay.

However, what was said at the time of the trade still stands: Both Gay and DeRozan cannot consistently hit the three-point shot, defend at a high level or create for others.

More to the point, DeRozan is one of the Raptors’ more intriguing trade assets. There are not many productive, young shooting guards in the league. The four-year, US$38-million contract extension DeRozan signed this off-season thus become a reasonable investment. The Raptors owe it to themselves to see if other teams agree.
                Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Mar 1, 2013, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  As per Eric Koreen, thanks the Bargnani's disppearing act, DeRozan instantly becomes our biggest trade asset this offseason.

Unless it nets us an impact, proven big or wing, I'm saying no. Derozan is clearly worth his contract, technically, he's overachieving because he's only making about $3.5 million this season, if he continues his upward progression, he'll definitely be worth his contract next season.

Millsap seems like the only name I would even consider giving up Derozan for, but it'd still be skeptical, because like Gay, never touched an all-star game, and I don't think he'll ever be one. While Derozan could definitely get there, being so young, and already a mild impact player.

Comment

• Trading DeRozan "Would be the biggest mistake the Franchise has ever made" ya I said it, we got something good which will eventually be great kid is beasting and has the drive to be even better. Trade him and watch him kill us.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      Trading DeRozan "Would be the biggest mistake the Franchise has ever made" ya I said it, we got something good which will eventually be great kid is beasting and has the drive to be even better. Trade him and watch him kill us.
                      I am against trading him as well, and he is a hard worker, which has been obvious, and if he continues the upward progression, he'll be a really, really good player. Although, if we can get someone better now, and for the future, I would consider it. It's truly got to be the RIGHT price.

Comment

I am against trading him as well, and he is a hard worker, which has been obvious, and if he continues the upward progression, he'll be a really, really good player. Although, if we can get someone better now, and for the future, I would consider it. It's truly got to be the RIGHT price.
                        +1. He's a good player and has great character but he's not untouchable IMO

Comment

+2 How could you not love this kid...love his work ethic, obvious improvements every single season, not a diva etc... If we let him go, Im with Reuben, it has to be at the RIGHT price.

Comment

• Please I want to be enlightened... what exactly IS the right price for Derozan?
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• I'd trade him, sure.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                                Please I want to be enlightened... what exactly IS the right price for Derozan?
                                Either a player with better potential, or someone exactly like him. Depends on what you think a player's right price should be. We all see players and favour players differently.

Comment

Working...
                                X