No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar, just work harder man. Play as well as you've been doing on both ends of the floor, and you'll get the close out once again.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Doug Smith talked about it today in his blog and it was touched on in the game thread from last night.

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...l=1#post116053

I'll probably move some of those comments over here in the next day or two.
      Finally he says something. He's been benched a couple of times already in the 4th and he doesnt seem to mind it until now. I think the reaction was good, at least now Casey knows that he does give a shit.

Comment

• Tweetgatge: Wondering aloud about DeRozens future in Rap Land.

Disclaimer: This is not a pro-DeRozen OR an Anti-DeRozen post.

If the Raptors do any two of the following 3 things I am (FOR THE FIRST TIME) really wondering if DeDe is part of their plans.
        1) Extend Barbosa
        2) Land Wilson Chandler
        3) Draft - Lamb? Barnes?

....on the other hand if they do 1 and 2 it would not surprise me if the jumped on
        Kendall Marshall who is working his way up the boards after improved play starting to remind some of Jkidd (just became the all time assist leader for NCTH)

.. anyhow back to DeDe. After getting benched in Houston for what I can only assume is defensive effort. He tweets.
        Straight Bulls—
        There is so much wrong with this
        - saying he is more deserving than Klieza
        - saying the coaching staff is wrong and he was right
        - going public with anger opens up speculation about DCasey and his leadership

I like the kid - he is a wonderful athlete. He may be consistently great one day or he may be near the top of his game already. I honestly can't tell with him.

But if they have 5-6 wing players (not counting Forbes or Butler obviously)
        JJohnson
        Barbosa
        Klieza
        Lamb/Barnes
        DeRozen
        Chandler
        I doubt they would keep all of them who goes??
        "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• how does extending barbosa have anything to do with DeMar leaving thats just stupid to even think that. How does drafting barnes have anything to do with demar being shipped? that would be even better to keep him. How does landing wilson chandler make demar get shipped? it doesn't he starts beside demar at the 3. All in all this thread is a waste of time

Comment

• I love charlz' threads
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• i love it for a good laugh if thats what u mean

Comment

• ... The guy let his emotions get to him and posted a silly two worder on Twitter, which he removed a couple hours later. Probably once he calmed down. This is a non-issue. He's a good guy and I don't imagine this will happen again. If that's the biggest issue in the Raptors' locker room then welcome to Mr.Roger's neighborhood or the pro ball equivalent at least.

I don't know what his future holds but looking at Colangelo's past history with draft picks, the majority get a whole lot of time before he pulls the plug... If he pulls the plug. I think the odds are far better that he's here next November to witness J.V. getting tossed under the bus after the first bad game he has.

Comment

• Assume that was the first time DD crossed anyone on the team incl the coaches. He is a good guy and I think its a forgotten thing already after the talk Casey had with him. His play the rest of the year will determine his stay as it should be.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    ... The guy let his emotions get to him and posted a silly two worder on Twitter, which he removed a couple hours later. Probably once he calmed down. This is a non-issue. He's a good guy and I don't imagine this will happen again. If that's the biggest issue in the Raptors' locker room then welcome to Mr.Roger's neighborhood or the pro ball equivalent at least.
                    Don't know if you saw the pre-game, Dwane Casey said he would handle the frustration internally, but he also said he loved the spicyness in Demar to want to win and the want to play. Dwane Casey seems to be a coach that'll piss you off and get the best of you on both ends of the floor, and keep composure. He wasn't blamed for defense from what I heard, I heard he wasn't working hard enough offensively.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      how does extending barbosa have anything to do with DeMar leaving thats just stupid to even think that
                      no its not

what is stupid is to think they would carry 6 swing men
                      "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• Last time Colangelo did that was...
                        2007-2008: Parker, Moon, Kapono, Graham, Garbajosa and Delfino.

And before that?
                        2006-2007: Parker, Graham, Garbajosa, Mo Pete, Fred Jones, Luke Jackson, P.J. Tucker

Seems like it's happened 50% of the time over the past six seasons.

Comment

• charlz wrote: View Post
                          no its not

what is stupid is to think they would carry 6 swing men
                          Barbosa is a sixth man so i don't know what your talking about.

Comment

• DeMar's solid stretch

DeMar's played some pretty good games to coincide with Toronto's 4-5 record over the last 9, his game against Tony Allen notwithstanding. I think if he continues this improvement, he's worthy of a spot as a second option, no?
                            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Mar 8, 2012, 12:06 PM. Reason: Self-promotion

Comment

• i'd say 2nd or 3rd option. If we draft a good player then he might end up being a 3rd option. He looks like he has all star potential though, if we pick an all star caliber wing we might have are own big three. Bargs, DeRozan and 2012 pick/Jonas

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                i'd say 2nd or 3rd option. If we draft a good player then he might end up being a 3rd option. He looks like he has all star potential though, if we pick an all star caliber wing we might have are own big three. Bargs, DeRozan and 2012 pick/Jonas
                                DeRozan at best can be a solid 1st option, but no where near the 1st option likes of Joe Johnson, Kobe, and Dwayne Wade.

Comment

Working...
                                X