Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    My only argument is he is not worth the contract he is bound to get. For various reasons, including his lack of above-average defence, his lack of efficiency in a primary scoring role, and his unproven ability to be an effective secondary scorer (which also ties into the defence argument as it becomes so much more important if he is guarding the best wing to save our new 1A guy for offence).

The context of these arguments, it is important to note, is based on his likely status as a max or near max contract earner. Obviously blemishes are to be expected in any player - but too many blemishes on a guy who will eat 25% of your cap can be pretty problematic in building a team.
    Superjudge wrote: View Post
    As long as you can sign a better max player, its fine to let him go.
    Ah, yes. And no doubt it will be just as easy to identify a "better max player" as it was to define an "average defender". We'll just set the "geniocracy" to the task, and "voila"!

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
      As long as you can sign a better max player, its fine to let him go.
      that is terrible reasoning.

WHat if you sign two players, a pf and a sg who mesh better together with Lowry Carroll and JV.

Now by letting him walk you have a complete starting lineup.

Lots of times the sum of the parts are greater than the cost to get them

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
        Ah, yes. And no doubt it will be just as easy to identify a "better max player" as it was to define an "average defender". We'll just set the "geniocracy" to the task, and "voila"!
        talk about a condescending post.....

He could, easily, by looking at advanced metric/analytics.

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
          naw that was gay who was only on the team because paul george nearly cracked his knee off.

He LITERALLY beat out lillard, beal, hayward, and parsons in the race for the final spot. theres really no argument there. it happpened
          Are you trying to say that dd is better than lillard, beal, Hayward and Parsons?

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
            "We" don't have to identify the better max player. "We" don't set anyone to the task.

There already is a geniocracy in place i.e. Masai with a shitload more info than you, I, or anyone else here have access to.

For us, the the biggest problem is identifying the better max player.

For Masai, the biggest problem is acquiring that player, since there will be other teams also trying to acquire said player.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
              Are you trying to say that dd is better than lillard, beal, Hayward and Parsons?

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk
              I'd say he's about even with Hayward and both are better than Beal and Parsons.

Lillard I'm not sure and i'm not 100% sure that he and DeRozan were even competing in the same pool in the USA tryouts (I think DL was up against the other PGs). However, I'd like to see how DeRozan would play as a #2 next to a legit guy like Aldridge. We'll see how Lillard does this year in DD's role.

Comment

• Here, I made this for you all:

Enjoy!
                Last edited by Quirk; Sat Aug 8, 2015, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• those are all true though
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    those are all true though
                    Good suggestion! Maybe I'll add it to a future version!

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      DeMar is going to be showcasing his new and improved 3-ball in Team USA tryouts, that's the only way he has a shot at making the team.
                      He will likely be on the outside looking in --Interestingly if the Raps utilized DD like team USA did last year he would become more efficient. I really liked the ball movement and his slashing and attacking the rim.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                        Here, I made this for you all:

Enjoy!
                        I often wonder if there are talking points given to TV and radio announcers highlighting the positives of DD as well as other players. At times it seems like the same mantra replays itself.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                          If some posters were left to their own devices there would be a church of demar.
                          LOL So you've taken it upon yourself to .. what?.. protect people from liking Demar? You're doing everyone a service, is that it? It's for our own good, that you feel the need to "debunk" everything that people like about that guy? Because god forbid we actually cheer for the non-perfect guys that wear our jersey and rep our city.
                          Last edited by Joey; Sat Aug 8, 2015, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                            He will likely be on the outside looking in --Interestingly if the Raps utilized DD like team USA did last year he would become more efficient. I really liked the ball movement and his slashing and attacking the rim.
                            "He will likely be on the outside looking in"...

That's what you guys said last year!

"Interestingly, if the Raps utilized DD like Team USA did last year, he would become more efficient"

You mean if the Raptors had better players? Players that could handle the role of a lead guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by special1; Sat Aug 8, 2015, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                              "He will likely be on the outside looking in"...

That's what you guys said last year!

"Interestingly, if the Raps utilized DD like Team USA did last year, he would become more efficient"

You mean if the Raptors had better players? Players that could handle the role of a lead guy?

Do you really think DD will make 2016 Olympic roster ?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                                Do you really think DD will make 2016 Olympic roster ?
                                I think he has a chance. What's with all the negativity?? Get out of here with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X