No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vince came at a time when there was no true star on the Raptors. Tracy McGrady was drafted the year before Vince but was far from a star at the time. Damon Stoudemire was probably the best Raptor at the time and there's no questioning the fact that Damon had his best years in purple. Damon left a year after Vince arrived. Derozan came to Toronto where there was already Bosh demanding the ball meaning that Derozan got less touches than Vince would have gotten. Derozan has loads of potential and hopefully with Bosh gone, the scoring is a little more divided. I could be wrong but that's just how I see it.

Comment

• I don't know why some people think that there's no potential in him. Yes some players are better and have broader skillsets than others but if it were that easy, any player could average 20 or more ppg is they get the ball enough.

Comment

• C’mon. I like DeRozan a lot and I hope he’s as good one day as I think he might be. But Vince was lightning in a bottle for a while back then. Judging on pure talent alone, I’d say that few would measure up to VC, again, as he was for those few years or so. Where DeMar might have a chance to one day be spoken of in the same breath, is if he works his butt off to improve, continuously, the way VC really didn’t. But I don’t think the question should be seriously asked even, for another good while yet ... unless of course, DeMar knocks all our socks off this year. But that’s kind of asking a lot at this point, imo.
        Last edited by ws511; Mon Sep 13, 2010, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• DD can't be in the Carter situation until he can hit 3-point at will and develop a consistent jump shot. The good news is he's modelling his work ethic after Kobe and that will bode well. Demar is at Kobe's level at the same age.
          Last edited by Raptorsss; Mon Sep 13, 2010, 07:31 PM. Reason: 3-points are not dimes >.< Brain fart!
          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• that's why its hard to form an opinion on this article. I really believe that if Demar works his ass off he can be in the same league as VC, but surpassing him is nearly impossible. Maybe im just saying this since demar holds the keys to any and all success this year...

Comment

• Kobe wasn't really a high scorer in his rookie year either. Demar played and started more games than Kobe did. Kobe posted 7.6 ppg , Demar posted 8.6

Kobe had what Demar didn't though. A great jumpshot

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                Hmmm, yes, but I think the team back then at that point was a lot like this new "young guns era". Carter was very entertaining back then but he hadn't yet commanded a role of "the man". In fact, he never really ever commanded that role. His problem has always been that he's shied away from being the man and he's never wanted to be the guy who must carry the weight by himself. Before McGrady left he had a partner in crime, after McGrady left it was 100% no doubts about it all on him. Its funny when you think about it. Carter didn't want to be "the guy", McGrady did but felt he couldn't in Toronto with Carter there and so he left. I think Carter being the franchise guy was more about what management and the marketing team wanted and less about what he truly wanted. People were screaming for the next Jordan back then and Carter had all the skills. He was a marketing goldmine and I think MLSE and Raptors brass got too caught up in it, neglected T-Mac and as a result T-Mac succumbed to his own ego and left. I think it can be strongly argued that the guy from Dime is right on this particular point.
                Vince never really wanted the role of "the man", but the last year McGrady was on the team he averaged 25.7 ppg, good for 4th in the league, made the All Star team and was 3rd team All-NBA. Whether he wanted the title or not, he was the Raptors franchise player, whether or not McGrady was there.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                  DD can't be in the Carter situation until he can hit dimes at will and develop a consistent jump shot. The good news is he's modelling his work ethic after Kobe and that will bode well. Demar is at Kobe's level at the same age.
                  A dime is an assist. I'm pretty sure that's not what you mean.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• GameBreaker wrote: View Post
                    Anyone who thinks DD, or anyone can't pass Vince's skills need to get VC's teabags outta' their mouths. He's just as human as DD is. Why can't DD do it? He can't get better? He can't surprise people or himself? Geez.
                    That statment can go to every guard that has entered the league after Vince Carter and as you can see seldom few did reach the kind of level Carter has achieved. Getting to the NBA is one thing, becoming a bonafide star is another.

DD hasn't really shown anything yet that he can reach that level, he may do so but thus far its all speculation but the odds are against him, so you can take DD's teabags outta your mouth and stop being such a tribal honker.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      That statment can go to every guard that has entered the league after Vince Carter and as you can see seldom few did reach the kind of level Carter has achieved. Getting to the NBA is one thing, becoming a bonafide star is another.

DD hasn't really shown anything yet that he can reach that level, he may do so but thus far its all speculation but the odds are against him, so you can take DD's teabags outta your mouth and stop being such a tribal honker.
                      A Tribal Honker? Say What?

Posted: July 28, 2010 03:14 AM
                      African Tribe Worships Barbra Streisand's Nose

MAHAJANGA, Madagascar - An African tribe is convinced that Barbra
                      Streisand's nose (i.e. honker) holds special powers -- and prays to it daily for rain,
                      fertile fields, protection, good luck, and sexual potency.

"The Mahafaly tribe of Southern Madagascar has worshipped Streisand's nose
                      for the past 25 years," asserts British ethnographer Phillip Branwell, 58.
                      "The nose is considered to be most holy by the tribe. They build statues in
                      the nose's image, and wear little Stresand noses around their necks on
                      chains."

The typical Mahafaly nose is broad and flat, nearly the opposite of "Funny
                      Girl's sausage-like shnozz. Tribeswoman Abba Madjanka, 48, confides, "When
                      I first saw Barbra Streisand's nose, I was in awe. A feeling of amazement
                      and wonder came over me. I nearly fainted. Then my eyes filled with tears.
                      I realized I was in the presence of something very powerful and very
                      special."

Members of the tribe are less impressed with Streisand's other
                      accomplishments. Asked if they are aware of her extraordinary achievements
                      as a singer, actress, composer, producer, and director, one of the
                      tribesmen, Yazid Ouahib, 41, replies, "We know she is famous, but we feel
                      that her power and our good fortune comes directly from her nose."

Are Streisand Fans Tribal Honkers?
                      Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon Sep 13, 2010, 08:38 PM.
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• I don't doubt that DD will one day be considered the Raptors' franchise player. However, to claim that DD will be better than Carter in his prime is a VERY bold statement. In his prime, Carter was considered to be a top-3 SG in the league--perhaps a top-5 PLAYER. People were talking about Carter being the next JOrdan. Debates were raging about Carter vs. Kobe. Even Jordan was comparing the two--in fact, Jordan said that Kobe was more like him than Carter... but the fact that Carter was even in the discussion shows the respect he was getting.

Does anyone here truly believe that DD can become a top-5 player in the league? I don't.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          Vince never really wanted the role of "the man", but the last year McGrady was on the team he averaged 25.7 ppg, good for 4th in the league, made the All Star team and was 3rd team All-NBA. Whether he wanted the title or not, he was the Raptors franchise player, whether or not McGrady was there.
                          I know his accolades but stats don't tell you what he was thinking. Many comments, actions and a long list of happenings through history do.

Comment

• let's just not make with DD the same mistake that has been done with Bargnani. The comparision only effect is to rise expectations, and thus delusions. We should assess fairly the guy.

Comment

• Demar might become as good of a dunker as Carter but as it stands he can't shoot 3s. If he can fix that then maybe but that's a pretty big if.

Comment

• Comparisons can hurt a player or they can help him. If people around the league see a toronto player with a carter-esque game, they might pay more attention to him in hopes that he becomes the next carter. I think the only thing holding back DD is the confidence to know he CAN be the man if he works at it and is aggressive... maybe comparisons will help him rise to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X