Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Basketball isn't all about the boxscore numbers. Gibson is a very good defensive player.
    Fair enough but he still shouldn't be higher than 15th
    Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Tue Jan 1, 2013, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
      Basketball isn't all about the boxscore numbers. Gibson is a very good defensive player.
      I would say a very solid defensive player in a very good defensive system. Offensively has his ways to go, and doesn't have that potential Demar or any of the top 5 guys have. Drafting in the lottery is usually a combination of best player available (or potential), need, and NBA readiness. Gibson in the draft would have only fit 1 of those. Need.

Derozan would fill best player available going sorely based on potential, need because there were 2-3 teams in the top 5 needing a shooting guard, but came into the league raw. But, his athleticism allowed him to contribute in a number of ways (defend passing lanes, penetration, athletic runner).

Boxscore/stats don't tell the story, but they also don't lie. There's a reason why you account for stats, and the wins.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun

DeRozan's goal for 2013 is to "put everything together, be more complete ... keep elevating my game."

DeMar with sweet music to my ears...... now JUST DO IT!

Comment

• How can anyone be a Rap fan and not just love DeMar and his work ethic? Every team in the league has their hard worker, off season goal is that DeMar's hard work rubs off on the rest of the team.

Comment

• Josh Lewenberg ‏@JLew1050

Rudy on DeMar DeRozan: "He's by far the best two-guard I've ever played with"... Poor Tony Allen!
            Retweeted by Ryan Wolstat
            Maybe more importantly, poor OJ Mayo!

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Maybe more importantly, poor OJ Mayo!
              When a star potential player says that, someone is doing something right. BC, PLEASE don't trade Derozan!

Comment

• Biggest beneficiary with Rudy Gay in town. He, and Kyle played so controlled, and that's what a superstar does.

Comment

• Now that teams cannot consistently double DeRozan and he has the space he needs to run the floor, his numbers will skyrocket.

I think DeRozan could be a mid 20 and 10 player from now until the end of the season.

Comment

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                    Now that teams cannot consistently double DeRozan and he has the space he needs to run the floor, his numbers will skyrocket.

I think DeRozan could be a mid 20 and 10 player from now until the end of the season.
                    20 and 10? What's the 10?

Comment

• assists

Comment

• I expect DeRozan to make the most of the new acquistions and be a standout as the 2nd option on offense averaging 19.5 ppg 4 rpg 4 apg

Reasonable DeRozan is a scorer he will never be a double double machine. Neither will Rudy Gay for that matter but I expect on average they should combine for 40+ points

Comment

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                          assists
                          In that case I wonder why you don't think he can be a 20 and 10 and 10 player

Comment

• He's had 7+ assists in 4 of the past 5 games.
                            That has been a part of the game that he is developing.

His rebound numbers have always floated around 3-5. If there is development in that area, I'll make a prediction.

Comment

• 4 out of the last 7 games, but he didn't suddenly transform into Oscar Robertson. 4 assists on average would be a optimistic prediction for the remainder of the year.

Comment

• If he could average 20 / 5 / 5, I would be quite impressed. Expecting anything more than 5 rebounds/assists per game, over the course of an entire season, is just setting yourself up for disappointment. Even 5 & 5 is setting the bar pretty high, but that is what I expect to justify the new $9.5M annual salary.

Comment

Working...
                                X