I knew I could count on you!

Comment

• I try very hard.

hahaha

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Thanks buddy!

I knew I could count on you!
          I wouldn't mind calling you a hater too....I'm pretty sure you were talking about me (calling you a hater in the past) since i've called you a hater enough times

Seriously though... that was the old you. I like this McHappy guy. Much more positive

Comment

• How can you not root for this guy?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...004103838.html

However, ball handling is not typically a thing that you can dramatically improve six years into your career. It is not the same as extending your shooting range or becoming more physical or developing a post game. It is a pretty fundamental skill, typically learned in the early stages of a player’s career. So, DeRozan has gone to extreme measures, although they almost seem obvious after he explains it. “Don’t make me look crazy for it,” he requests after the interview.

“I’ve been doing a lot of weird stuff. … I never told nobody this. You’re the first,” DeRozan said before the Raptors’ summer league team practised outside of Del Sol High School. “Everything I do now — if I’m eating dinner, I eat with my left hand. I’ve started writing with my left hand."

Comment

• When they write the book on Demar Derozan, I'm pretty sure that no one will ever be able to say he didn't live up to his potential or make the most of his opportunities.

Just makes the wasted talent of guys like Vince Carter an even sadder story. Even if Demar never attains the super-heights of Vince I'll always respect Demar ten times as much.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                When they write the book on Demar Derozan, I'm pretty sure that no one will ever be able to say he didn't live up to his potential or make the most of his opportunities.

Just makes the wasted talent of guys like Vince Carter an even sadder story. Even if Demar never attains the super-heights of Vince I'll always respect Demar ten times as much.
                He has already surpassed his potential from when he entered the league.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• I'm just glad we can still blame Colangelo for Derozan's contract, on the other end of the spectrum this time. God damnit Bryan, why the hell did you allow an opt out in there?

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    I'm just glad we can still blame Colangelo for Derozan's contract, on the other end of the spectrum this time. God damnit Bryan, why the hell did you allow an opt out in there?
                    Player options are always bad. If it's a good deal the player opts out, if it's a bad one they opt in. Whichever way it went, that player option was going to hurt us.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DeRozan's on his next contract, "Oh it's definitely gonna be big man... most definitely."

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Player options are always bad. If it's a good deal the player opts out, if it's a bad one they opt in. Whichever way it went, that player option was going to hurt us.
                        The art of negotiation. It's not as black and white as that grim picture. $, term, options, and many extensions such as this, the timing are all parts of the negotiation puzzle GMs have to wrestle with.

In DeMar's case, how is it "bad" and will "hurt us" if he continues to increase his value for 2 more years, where he's already exceeded the value of this contract, and then wants to stay the course in Toronto (any hints that he does?), and wants a raise to his fair value as a 26 yr old multiple all star? How does that hurt the Raps? They have a young all-star at a bargain for 3 years, who influences the work ethic of the entire team in a positive way, dedicated to the organization, and they sign a new deal that's fair to all. I see win-win all over this quite possible scenario. The player option got us that bargain price for 3 years.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                          DeRozan's on his next contract, "Oh it's definitely gonna be big man... most definitely."
                          Ahahaha I read that in his voice, that's perfect lol

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
                            The art of negotiation. It's not as black and white as that grim picture. $, term, options, and many extensions such as this, the timing are all parts of the negotiation puzzle GMs have to wrestle with.

In DeMar's case, how is it "bad" and will "hurt us" if he continues to increase his value for 2 more years, where he's already exceeded the value of this contract, and then wants to stay the course in Toronto (any hints that he does?), and wants a raise to his fair value as a 26 yr old multiple all star? How does that hurt the Raps? They have a young all-star at a bargain for 3 years, who influences the work ethic of the entire team in a positive way, dedicated to the organization, and they sign a new deal that's fair to all. I see win-win all over this quite possible scenario. The player option got us that bargain price for 3 years.
                            Unless he demands like 18mil a year, but yeah I kind of agree with you

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Drew league action showing DeMar, Terrence and Kyle highlights... Also a lot of scrub action... (The GAME etc)

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Lesser of two evils though. Lowry wanted that five-year guaranteed money and we ended up giving the player option on year 4. I imagine something similar happened with Demar. He probably wanted either more money or more years and this was the concession.

We just never get to see the flip side, the player's demands. We just see the final contract as is.

Comment

Working...
                                X