Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    I believe if this could be summed up in one word it would be "CONSISTENCY"
    You know what's consistency. DeMar consistently adding new skills to his game season after season after season. DeMar consistently averaging high teens/20 ppg over the last couple of years. His ability to consistently get to the line.

You know what's not consistent, when you have the ability to score 20 points one game like JJ, GV, or Ross but yet your averaging 10 or less points per game overall. For DeMar to be averaging nearly 20 points per game and to be top 10 in the league getting to the free throw line for the past 2 seasons, the guy is consistent.

Does he consistently play like how he did last night? No, but who does? Name me a player averaging 40 points per game and 11 rebounds. Harden shot terribly yesterday. But his average demonstrates that he's consistently played an MVP-style game this season.

DeMar's not a superstar or even a star, but stop going on about him being inconsistent like he's some random player who scores 51 points against the Clippers but has virtually done nothing every since. And if you want to use the excuse that DeMar's numbers are only like that because he gets all the touches, we can all go back to the 21 games when he was out and no one other than JV and Lowry stepped up take on a role remotely resembling what DeMar does for us.

Comment

• What a sad thread.

Comment

So why is it the only time these types of discussions arise is after a big DeRozan game?

Where is the DeRozan DeVotion when he is stinking up half a season with sub .400 shooting?

And please, continue to call it like you see it. No one wants you to do anything else.
        1. Are you serious right now? Dude you started this whole shit. i'm just responding to some of your BS posts. My intial post here was responding to one of the poster here calling DD the best player we ever had and i responded VC. Jeez.

2. I don't know. Seems like you have a lot of time in your hands, so if you want you can search all my DeRozan posts here. There's a lot of negative in there too.

3. Don't worry i will.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          1. Are you serious right now? Dude you started this whole shit. i'm just responding to some of your BS posts. My intial post here was responding to one of the poster here calling DD the best player we ever had and i responded VC. Jeez.

2. I don't know. Seems like you have a lot of time in your hands, so if you want you can search all my DeRozan posts here. There's a lot of negative in there too.

3. Don't worry i will.
          The beauty of this forum is to be able to discuss maturely topics that we may not have the same opinions on.

If they want to question/make fun of posters who are fans of DeMar and want to talk about him after he's had a great month in a discussion thread literally called "Everything DeMar DeRozan" let them ...

Comment

• DDelight wrote: View Post
            You know what's consistency. DeMar consistently adding new skills to his game season after season after season. DeMar consistently averaging high teens/20 ppg over the last couple of years. His ability to consistently get to the line.

You know what's not consistent, when you have the ability to score 20 points one game like JJ, GV, or Ross but yet your averaging 10 or less points per game overall. For DeMar to be averaging nearly 20 points per game and to be top 10 in the league getting to the free throw line for the past 2 seasons, the guy is consistent.

Does he consistently play like how he did last night? No, but who does? Name me a player averaging 40 points per game and 11 rebounds. Harden shot terribly yesterday. But his average demonstrates that he's consistently played an MVP-style game this season.

DeMar's not a superstar or even a star, but stop going on about him being inconsistent like he's some random player who scores 51 points against the Clippers but has virtually done nothing every since. And if you want to use the excuse that DeMar's numbers are only like that because he gets all the touches, we can all go back to the 21 games when he was out and no one other than JV and Lowry stepped up take on a role remotely resembling what DeMar does for us.
            You're on an emotional rant that doesn't speak to anything about my comments or opinions on DeRozan.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I've never claimed that he doesn't have value.

And I never blamed him for all of the team's problems.

But I admit he is no longer the one-dimensional player he was 2 years ago. He's increased his basketball IQ, and now understands how else to help when his jumper isn't falling. The next step is to understand when to take the jumper, and when not to.
              Ironically, DeRozan has now proven to be at his best when he does exactly what the 'haters' have been urging him to do for the last 2-3 seasons! lol Deep thought of the day... have the 'haters' come a long way, or has DeRozan?

Before I get hammered for being negative or being a 'hater', I'd like to direct people to my post from earlier today - #6946 in this thread.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                Ironically, DeRozan has now proven to be at his best when he does exactly what the 'haters' have been urging him to do for the last 2-3 seasons! lol Deep thought of the day... have the 'haters' come a long way, or has DeRozan?

Before I get hammered for being negative or being a 'hater', I'd like to direct people to my post from earlier today - #6946 in this thread.
                Very ironic.

Now comes the moment of truth: is it consistently sustainable?

Comment

Very ironic.

Yeah I'm sure DD can sustain this Y'know

He's always shot 44% from 3?
                  Averaged about 6rebs and 5 asts?
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Very ironic.

I hope so. At this point, the two biggest negatives related to DeRozan are his contract status (uncertain future) and DC (promoting hero-ball).

Looking back as far as his rookie and sophomore season, the biggest complaints against DeRozan have been:

1. Goes soft to the basket and shies away from contact. HUGE improvement - I loved the way he stopped forcing his shot last night and attacked the basket relentlessly in the second half especially!

2. Poor 3pt shooter. Still not great, despite focusing on it during at least three offseasons, but has looked better lately. He also seems to be understanding where he's at his best (corner 3's and between corner and elbow), which I appreciate.

3. Weak handles. He focused on them this past offseason and while they've improved, there's times he still dribbles way too much and/or dribbles into traffic. His improved court vision has really helped offset some of his handle issue - though his new habit of dribbling into traffic in the key, jumping and turning in mid air, has really got to stop.

4. Poor defender. Although he still gets lost at times in DC's defense, I don't put that all on DeRozan. The few times he's had the chance to go man-on-man, I've actually found that his defense has improved. This is especially the case when matched up against prime players, when DeRozan seems to find an extra gear - one game earlier this season against LBJ and last night against Harden were good examples. Yet another example of a player whose defense looks worse thanks to DC's system.

5. Inefficient, one-dimensional scorer. This was always my biggest beef. I've been most impressed with DeRozan this season when he doesn't force his own game, looks to play facilitator for his teammates and dedicates himself to rebounding. He always seemed to have it in him, but just seemed content looking for his own shot (or even worse, being told to do so). His efficiency numbers could still improve, but I'll cut him a little slack if he consistently gets to the line 8+ times per game. At this point, cutting out 2-5 bad/forced shots really shouldn't even be an issue, and I expect another coach would hold him accountable to do just that.

Even when pointing out the negatives in the past, as a 'hater', it's always been out of frustration/desire for him to play how I felt he was capable of playing. Again, I don't think playing for DC does him any favors on either side of the court, and his contract situation really scares me (either because he could opt-out or because he could wind up getting a contract that takes him from good-value to bad-value, while hand-cuffing the team).

I'm really torn on DeRozan. For me, I think it really comes down to what offers are on the table, which we unfortunately have no honest clue about.
                    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Mar 31, 2015, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Seems like everybody is biased one way or the other. I'm very critical on Derozan. He went HAM last night. Cheered hard for him. Hope he can keep it up. The end.

Don't really get the "haters" that sit here and go "naaah no way he'll ever sustain that shit". He's a key member of OUR team. Why not just congratulate a GREAT game and hope he's still figuring it out?
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The DeMar era is an interesting one because it does seem clear that he's not really good enough to the best player on an excellent team (on this above average team he is the 2nd best though sometimes including lately he supplants Lowry) but that doesn't mean he can't be a very useful starter with the right star. His defense/rebounding and playmaking (Especially court vision) have gotten so much better the last two seasons that it really warrants mentioning. Like he was pretty much a useless non offensive player for several years and has made significant strides to where he is above average in all these respects imo.

He's had a rough shooting season but there are some signs that its coming around especially his FT rate (which will give him more open shots).

Ultimately, I don't get why people don't want to resign him or want to trade him. DeMar is not and will not be what stops us from getting a franchise player, and he will be a key piece for contention once that franchise player arrives.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Seems like everybody is biased one way or the other. I'm very critical on Derozan. He went HAM last night. Cheered hard for him. Hope he can keep it up. The end.

Don't really get the "haters" that sit here and go "naaah no way he'll ever sustain that shit". He's a key member of OUR team. Why not just congratulate a GREAT game and hope he's still figuring it out?

The bold is the death of all chat forums everywhere.

The second part is ridiculous. Is the performance last night sustainable? Hell no. That was a career night. Why not just congratulate him? I am pretty sure everyone has. But why not question the sustainability? This is a guy who views himself as an all-star. He has stated the reason he is not an all-star this season is due to injury. So if you view yourself as an all-star and your coach treats you like an all-star, why shouldn't a fan expect consistent all-star performances? As for the figuring it all out, he is in his 6th NBA season and will be 26 this summer, it is time to put up in your prime.

Comment

• Interesting aside:

From start of season through March 1st, DD played 38 games and was a net positive player as so many have pointed out (104 ORtg, 100DRtg).

Since March 1st, through 15 games, DD is a net negative with 109.7 ORtg and 111.5 DRtg.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                              The DeMar era is an interesting one because it does seem clear that he's not really good enough to the best player on an excellent team (on this above average team he is the 2nd best though sometimes including lately he supplants Lowry) but that doesn't mean he can't be a very useful starter with the right star. His defense/rebounding and playmaking (Especially court vision) have gotten so much better the last two seasons that it really warrants mentioning. Like he was pretty much a useless non offensive player for several years and has made significant strides to where he is above average in all these respects imo.

He's had a rough shooting season but there are some signs that its coming around especially his FT rate (which will give him more open shots).

Ultimately, I don't get why people don't want to resign him or want to trade him. DeMar is not and will not be what stops us from getting a franchise player, and he will be a key piece for contention once that franchise player arrives.
                              Very well said. Couldn't of said it better. I think you keep this backcourt together and upgrade one of the frontcourt position. A couple options this summer(LA, DMC).
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Very well said. Couldn't of said it better. I think you keep this backcourt together and upgrade one of the frontcourt position. A couple options this summer(LA, DMC).
                                No way aldridge leaves blazers to come to a lesser team. As for Cousins, it's going to take a significant haul to get him.
                                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X