Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    DeRozan's production this year was virtually identical to WCF Melo btw.
    somebody made same post about that on realgm. (are you him? lool)

Carmelo Anthony (Age 24 - 6th season):
    19.0 PER
    105 oRTG
    107 dRTG
    .105 WS/48
    31.5 USG%
    22.8 PPG
    18.3 FGA
    7.1 FTA
    53.2 TS%
    18.1 AST%
    12.3 TOV%
    11.5 REB%

DeMar DeRozan (Age 24 - 5th season):
    18.4 PER
    110 oRTG
    107 dRTG
    .141 WS/48
    28.0 USG%
    22.7 PPG
    17.8 FGA
    8.0 FTA
    53.2 TS%
    18.9 AST%
    9.5 TOV%
    6.6 REB%
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• What's the deal with this Philippines thing? Didn't some players do this last year too? I don't remember them getting fined though
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        What's the deal with this Philippines thing? Didn't some players do this last year too? I don't remember them getting fined though
        our boys participated in unauthorized event.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

19.0 PER
          105 oRTG
          107 dRTG
          .105 WS/48
          31.5 USG%
          22.8 PPG
          18.3 FGA
          7.1 FTA
          53.2 TS%
          18.1 AST%
          12.3 TOV%
          11.5 REB%

18.4 PER
          110 oRTG
          107 dRTG
          .141 WS/48
          28.0 USG%
          22.7 PPG
          17.8 FGA
          8.0 FTA
          53.2 TS%
          18.9 AST%
          9.5 TOV%
          6.6 REB%
          Well hell.

Comment

19.0 PER
            105 oRTG
            107 dRTG
            .105 WS/48
            31.5 USG%
            22.8 PPG
            18.3 FGA
            7.1 FTA
            53.2 TS%
            18.1 AST%
            12.3 TOV%
            11.5 REB%

18.4 PER
            110 oRTG
            107 dRTG
            .141 WS/48
            28.0 USG%
            22.7 PPG
            17.8 FGA
            8.0 FTA
            53.2 TS%
            18.9 AST%
            9.5 TOV%
            6.6 REB%
            Yup that was me There's also a disclaimer in there that states explicitly that Melo had better seasons before and after that and DeMar clearly is not as good as Melo right now, before anybody loses their shit.

Comment

19.0 PER
              105 oRTG
              107 dRTG
              .105 WS/48
              31.5 USG%
              22.8 PPG
              18.3 FGA
              7.1 FTA
              53.2 TS%
              18.1 AST%
              12.3 TOV%
              11.5 REB%

18.4 PER
              110 oRTG
              107 dRTG
              .141 WS/48
              28.0 USG%
              22.7 PPG
              17.8 FGA
              8.0 FTA
              53.2 TS%
              18.9 AST%
              9.5 TOV%
              6.6 REB%
              I think the league is in agreement that Melo will never win anything meaningful because of how he plays and how he really isn't efficient or a good defender

...then think about how DD isn't as good as Melo

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                I think the league is in agreement that Melo will never win anything meaningful because of how he plays and how he really isn't efficient or a good defender

DD isn't the franchise and on a 5 year 124M deal.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  oo you better believe he will be in 2016. thats the new market inefficiency as ESPN will put it.

Comment

But so what's the point here?
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      Then stop defending him like a franchise player

Comment

Melo has consistently been on terrible teams with absolutely no support. Can you imagine the Knicks minus Melo? They'd be the worst team in the league.

Melo is not one of the 5 players in the league who can lift a team to the playoffs on his own. He's in the next 5 group of players though.

I don't always love Bill Simmons, but this article is some of his best stuff: http://grantland.com/features/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-legacy/
                        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                          Yup that was me There's also a disclaimer in there that states explicitly that Melo had better seasons before and after that and DeMar clearly is not as good as Melo right now, before anybody loses their shit.
                          I gotta ask what the point is in comparing them at all then? Do you actually thinking this means something or do you just find it interesting that the numbers are so similar all across the board for two players that aren't often compared to one another? You seem to concede that Melo is the much better player and you've already referenced the major flaw in the comparison too. The Melo season we're looking at is sandwiched by superior years on both sides while the DD season in question is far and away his best. You've taken the best and worst seasons respectively from each player.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool, McHAPPY and Fully there's no need to get upset lol.

The point of comparing the numbers was that, during that season Melo was the main scorer on a team that went to the WCF (and if not for some major stupidity on late game inbounding, might've actually beaten the Lakers --- the eventual champs). It's trying to determine whether you can have a title contender with DD as your main scorer if your supporting cast is strong enough.

No need for anybody to start getting angry because DeRozan is being looked at in a positive light.

Now I don't think DeRozan actually can because there are few factors that aren't being looked at here. First of all, Melo played much better in the playoffs that year than in the regular season (in fact statistically that was probably his best playoff performance). Secondly, Melo is statistically probably the best ACTIVE clutch performer in the league. I remember reading an article about this a while ago.

Just fun to look at the numbers, stop getting annoyed.
                            Last edited by imanshumpert; Thu Jul 24, 2014, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• I'm not annoyed in the least, I was just genuinely curious on what the point you were trying to make is. I'm still not actually sure but I guess it's fun that the numbers are the same. I haven't weighed in very often with this debate but when I do it's usually to defend DD so I'm not angry at all that he's being portrayed favourably. I just didn't see what this was supposed to say and wanted to see if I was missing something but I guess I'm not.
                              Last edited by Fully; Thu Jul 24, 2014, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                                I gotta ask what the point is in comparing them at all then? Do you actually thinking this means something or do you just find it interesting that the numbers are so similar all across the board for two players that aren't often compared to one another? You seem to concede that Melo is the much better player and you've already referenced the major flaw in the comparison too. The Melo season we're looking at is sandwiched by superior years on both sides while the DD season in question is far and away his best. You've taken the best and worst seasons respectively from each player.
                                But to be fair, when you've looking at DD's numbers, he's on an upwards trend. So if you extrapolate from that, he could very well have seasons that are similar to other Melo ones.

Not definitely, but maybe (probably not).

To take it further, is Melo at his worst worth the ~15 mill contract which DD may get? Eeehhh, probably, I'd say.
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X