No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This hurts a little but given all the other stupid contracts about to be signed it isnt even that bad lol other teams would have probably given him the full max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Demar at 27% of the cap means this thread is going to be a zoo (as if it wasn't already).

Pro sports salaries and franchise valuations are getting out of whack. I love my sports to death, but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

• Motherfucker better keep getting better, this should motivate him more.

Comment

• twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Demarre Carrol had a big contract and now its a small one lol

Comment

• Congrats Demar and welcome back!! Thats a hell of a contract to live up to though.

Comment

• russellhantz wrote: View Post
                At this point what does DeRozan have to do to silence all the haters other than be lebron?

-shoot higher than 35% from 3 at 3 attempts per game?
                -play better defence?
                -better shot selection?

I think these are realistic goals.
                Yes, the *average* SG shoots 47.7% from 2pt, and 35.3% from 3pt., taking 6.3 3pt attempts per 40 minutes.

DeMar shoots 45.8% 2pts, and 33.8% from 3pt, with 2.4 attempts per 40 minutes.

DeMar is getting a lot more money than the average SG so if he could at least match average numbers, that wold be great.

His career 2pt % is 45.9%, so he has not improved at all. He has improved from three, his career 3pt % is 28.3%, his career number of attempts is 1.9 per 40, but, yeah, doesn't shoot enough 3s to make a big difference.

So yes, the key to earning his money will be his 3pt shot, shot selection and defence.

Sadly, I'm not convinced it is realistic he will improve enough to be a significantly above average player, which means at his salary and usage he is hurting he team.

Which is sad, I really like DeMar, if it was possible to have him on the team for similar money to JV, Lowry or Carrol and down to 3rd highest usage on the team, that would actually benefit the team. As it is now, he is the biggest obstacle to the team improving. Sadly, likely an insurmountable obstacle.
                Last edited by Quirk; Fri Jul 1, 2016, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                  Yes, the *average* SG shoots 47.7% from 2pt, and 35.3% from 3pt., taking 6.3 3pt attempts per 40 minutes.

DeMar shoots 45.8% fro 2pts, and 33.8% from 3pt, with 2.4 attempts per 40 minutes.

DeMar is getting a lot more money than the average SG so if he could at least match average numbers, that wold be great.

His career 2pt % is 45.9%, so he has not improved at all. He has improved from three, his career 3pt % is 28.3%, his career number of attempts is 1.9 per 40, but, yeah, doesn't shoot enough of the to make a big difference.

So yes, the key to earning his money will be his 3pt shot, shot selection and defence.

Sadly, I'm not convinced it is realistic he will improve enough to be a significantly above average player, which means at his salary and usage he is hurting he team.

Which is sad, I really like DeMar, if it was possible to have him on the team for similar money to JV, Lowry or Carrol and down to 3rd highest usage on the team, that would actually benefit the team. As it is now, he is the biggest obstacle to the team improving. Sadly, likely an insurmountable obstacle.
                  Feels bizarre that I'm the one making these arguments, but...

Volume has value too. How much is entirely debatable, and tends to be the crux of any DeMar debate. Yeah, he needs to make better decisions in choosing his shots and choosing when not to shoot. That's something most of us are aware of.

With his 3-pt shot, I don't completely buy into last year's improvement, because such a large percentage of his makes occured within a 2-month period in January and February. But I might be wrong.

A lot of this contract really comes down to mental corrections DeMar has to make, and let's see if he does. Ultimately for me it comes down to whether or not this contract stunts the growth of our younger guys.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Anyone know if the 5th year is a player option?

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post

I read $137.5 .. but still.. average of $27.5M. Good for him. That's a heavy bag to carry.

And this tweet is kind of silly, unless its just demonstrating how nuts this cap space is .. once Demar has earned this money, Lebron will have made the bulk of his largest contract in NBA history, around $230M over 5 years, and pushing $400M total earning just from contracts. Nothing is out of whack here. Lol
                      Last edited by Joey; Fri Jul 1, 2016, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        I read $137.5 .. but still.. average of $27.5M. Good for him. That's a heavy bag to carry.

And this tweet is kind of silly, unless its just demonstrating how nuts this cap space is .. once Demar has earned this money, Lebron will have made the bulk of his largest contract in NBA history, around $230M over 5 years, and pushing $400M total earning just from contracts. Nothing is out of whack here. Lol
                        Yeah, that's why I posted that here is because it shows the absurdity of this cap.

Realistically, early the DeMar contract looked great compared to Beal and Mozgov, but...

The contracts that have come out since make the DeMar contract excite me a lot less.

Comment

• Raptor lifer

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Demar's contract, relative to the others that have been handed out seems about right IMO.

Comment

• Before I'm even willing to think about DeMar as being the best Raptor ever, he has to be the best Raptor for at least one season.

Comment

• I was hoping someone would ask this. Raptors w/ Demar vs Raptors w/ Batum. Which team makes it further in the playoffs?

Comment

Working...
                                X