Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Some more amateur competition for DeMar

HAHA! Demar killed it in sweats! Not even trying....
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Some more amateur competition for DeMar

Start from 1:05 and Demar's handles look nice.

Comment

• I will say this, the main reason I think that we shouldn't really take these videos too seriously is that he hits those shots because he isn't tired. Defense will tire you out, your arms, your legs, your energy. I don't think DeRozan would be driving and pulling up on the fast break that way if he had to guard a quick and skilled guard on the other end for 20 seconds and met that guard on the other end on offense. I know it's just a fun few games to entertain, but I don't think him hitting those jumpers will translate at all to the NBA.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
          I will say this, the main reason I think that we shouldn't really take these videos too seriously is that he hits those shots because he isn't tired. Defense will tire you out, your arms, your legs, your energy. I don't think DeRozan would be driving and pulling up on the fast break that way if he had to guard a quick and skilled guard on the other end for 20 seconds and met that guard on the other end on offense. I know it's just a fun few games to entertain, but I don't think him hitting those jumpers will translate at all to the NBA.
          So you think shooting jumpshots by yourself in the gym is useless then?

I disagree with your assessment. He is just as contested as he would be in practice.

"I mean, we're talking about Practice, here. Practice. Practice. We're talking about Practice. Not a game. Not gaame. Practice." Heh

Gaining confidence in your jumpshot is done in many ways.
          Obtaining the proper muscle memory and form in your jumpshot, is done many ways.
          Jumpshots are Jumpshots. Practice is Practice.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

I disagree with your assessment. He is just as contested as he would be in practice.

"I mean, we're talking about Practice, here. Practice. Practice. We're talking about Practice. Not a game. Not gaame. Practice." Heh

Obtaining the proper muscle memory and form in your jumpshot, is done many ways.
            +1 I like to think of it as, if this isn't an NBA type game, you could say it's practice.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

I slightly disagree with the last line. While initially getting your form shooting in is a benefit and a great way to warm up, taking "game shots" is very much needed. Getting to the point where your cardio is up and you really need to rely on your legs and form to be successful is key to becoming a better game shooter. I can go in the gym and knock down tonnes of shots, but if I am not working on getting them off at game speed and pushing my self, all I am doing is becoming a good set shooter, not a great game shooter.

Now, working on proper footwork, release point, consistent form, good balance, etc. can be done at a less strenuous pace to create the muscle memory needed, but to take it to the next level you need to push yourself.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                I slightly disagree with the last line. While initially getting your form shooting in is a benefit and a great way to warm up, taking "game shots" is very much needed. Getting to the point where your cardio is up and you really need to rely on your legs and form to be successful is key to becoming a better game shooter. I can go in the gym and knock down tonnes of shots, but if I am not working on getting them off at game speed and pushing my self, all I am doing is becoming a good set shooter, not a great game shooter.

Now, working on proper footwork, release point, consistent form, good balance, etc. can be done at a less strenuous pace to create the muscle memory needed, but to take it to the next level you need to push yourself.
                Interesting points from the two. But, I will pose that, Demar was 'pulling up' for his shots. Not off screens, not in the corner, but pulling up.

From what I've been taught, the pull up isn't necessarily supposed to be a quick, up, and go type shot. Whether you have your heart pumping and during the middle of the game, or straight from the jump.

I've been taught to drive and or change the pace of speed, than at that point you turn on the jets, or take that pull-up. More of a shot that takes a defender off balance, because defensively, they don't know whether you're going to change your speed and drive, or take a jump-shot.

Hopefully that makes some sense, it's hard trying to explain without being on the court! :P

Comment

• TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                    Shoutout to the homie Game Entertainment 15! Dude makes some great mixes!

Comment

• Some guy at NBA.com is smoking too much weed...

lol Demar Derozan is the 10th best scoring guard in the NBA? Some guy at NBA.com is clearly smoking too much weed and drinking too much booze. At least the Raptors are getting some love from NBA.com despite it being pretty stupid...

http://galleries.nba.com/gallery/nba-top-scoring-guards

9. James Harden
                      8. Tony Parker
                      7. Joe Johnson
                      6. Brandon Jennings
                      5. Chris Paul
                      4. Monta Ellis
                      3. Deron Williams
                      2. Russell Westbrook
                      1. Kobe Bryant

Wade? Ginobili? Lawson? lol NBA needs to hire better employees....

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                        lol Demar Derozan is the 10th best scoring guard in the NBA? Some guy at NBA.com is clearly smoking too much weed and drinking too much booze. At least the Raptors are getting some love from NBA.com despite it being pretty stupid...

9. James Harden
                        8. Tony Parker
                        7. Joe Johnson
                        6. Brandon Jennings
                        5. Chris Paul
                        4. Monta Ellis
                        3. Deron Williams
                        2. Russell Westbrook
                        1. Kobe Bryant

Looks like they just made that list straight off the numbers, not quality. The "list" is for "scoring" guards..honestly, this is a throw away article.

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post

9. James Harden
                          8. Tony Parker
                          7. Joe Johnson
                          6. Brandon Jennings
                          5. Chris Paul
                          4. Monta Ellis
                          3. Deron Williams
                          2. Russell Westbrook
                          1. Kobe Bryant

The list was based off PPG. And Wade wasn't there because he didn't qualify, since he played in less than 56 games.

Comment

• People aren't allowed to be positive about DeMar? C'mon...

The list was based on PPG and on players that played 56 games or more...

But at least the numbers are there. THE KID CAN IMPROVE.
                            TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                              People aren't allowed to be positive about DeMar? C'mon...

The list was based on PPG and on players that played 56 games or more...

But at least the numbers are there. THE KID CAN IMPROVE.
                              Not that we can't be positive about DeMar, but we should be oblivious and overzealous either. We have to be realistic here. I mean come on. NBA.com writers (of all people) should know better than basing players off PPG and stats alone.

Comment

• key word is scoring.

the big difference between dd and the rest (or those players left off) is the rest do a lot more than score.

but the list is about scoring and playing over56 games so it is what it is.

nice group for him to be included in.

Comment

Working...
                                X