• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Who did not buy in?

Rudy
    wasn't it obvious...

Comment

• "@HoopsHypeCA: Sometimes the best trades are the ones you never make. Masai Ujiri holding on to DeMar DeRozan when PHX came calling in NOV a prime example"

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
        "@HoopsHypeCA: Sometimes the best trades are the ones you never make. Masai Ujiri holding on to DeMar DeRozan when PHX came calling in NOV a prime example"

LOL yeah because at this point he could get Bledsoe!
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
          "@HoopsHypeCA: Sometimes the best trades are the ones you never make. Masai Ujiri holding on to DeMar DeRozan when PHX came calling in NOV a prime example"

Very interesting.

Guaranteed conversation went like this:

PHX: Masai, DeRozan. What do you say?

Masai: Not right now. What do you think about Rudy?

PHX: *click* *dead line tone*

Masai: Hello? Hello?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Very interesting.

Guaranteed conversation went like this:

PHX: Masai, DeRozan. What do you say?

Masai: Not right now. What do you think about Rudy?

PHX: *click* *dead line tone*

Masai: Hello? Hello?
            ahahaha that really made me laugh!!!!
            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• I finally had a little time to do some play editing and show what I see on the defensive end that bugs me.

Here we see a semi fast break that saw JV switched onto the ball (Blue), JV does a good job containing the penetration and forces Rondo to the corner. Lowry (Red) picks up Sullinger quite high to try and stop Sullinger from getting good position on him. DD (yellow) is on his man and can feel his man and see the ball. Ross (green) is in proper position on the nail.

Lowry is bowled over by Sullinger and there is no call, now Sullinger is unguarded 5 feet from the rim (red). The ball (blue) is picked up by Rondo and JV does a good job congesting the passing lanes. Ross sees the open Sullinger and should move to the inside position (green). DD should move up and split himself between his man and Bayless along the black arrow to the corner of the FT line. This will provide him with the ability to close out on either player if the ball is swung, allow his teammates to properly rotate to cover his man, and guard the skip pass.

Ross did a great job (green) of recovering for Lowry. DD is in no mans land in the paint guarding nobody. He finally realizes his mistake when the ball is in flight (blue) to Bayless. Way, way to late. Ross initially tries to close on Bayless, seeing that DD did not rotate soon enough, but DD did have a step on Ross so he promptly sprinted to the corner to close on the corner man (black). If the ball was swung again this would have led to a scramble for Ross again.

DD gives up the uncontested three to Bayless. Bucket.

Everyone else on the Raptors did a great job of rotating, but DD get's caught watching in no mans land and negates his teammates good work. This is a somewhat common occurrence for DD where he does not rotate properly.

Comment

• Swap DeMar for Jimmy Butler do Raps get better or worse?

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                  Swap DeMar for Jimmy Butler do Raps get better or worse?
                  Worse. No one on the team right now can handle the offensive load DD carries every night. Maybe when Terrence gets even better we can get rid of DD for a role player but right now I do think we need him. So I'm with you lol.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                    Swap DeMar for Jimmy Butler do Raps get better or worse?
                    I would say about the same leaning a little bit towards the worse side. Butler gives better defense, but is one inefficient dude. Not a great decision maker on the offensive side and is a worse shooter than DD.

Need efficient, two way players in order to build a contender, especially if we miss out on grabbing a 'franchise' player.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      I finally had a little time to do some play editing and show what I see on the defensive end that bugs me.

Here we see a semi fast break that saw JV switched onto the ball (Blue), JV does a good job containing the penetration and forces Rondo to the corner. Lowry (Red) picks up Sullinger quite high to try and stop Sullinger from getting good position on him. DD (yellow) is on his man and can feel his man and see the ball. Ross (green) is in proper position on the nail.

Lowry is bowled over by Sullinger and there is no call, now Sullinger is unguarded 5 feet from the rim (red). The ball (blue) is picked up by Rondo and JV does a good job congesting the passing lanes. Ross sees the open Sullinger and should move to the inside position (green). DD should move up and split himself between his man and Bayless along the black arrow to the corner of the FT line. This will provide him with the ability to close out on either player if the ball is swung, allow his teammates to properly rotate to cover his man, and guard the skip pass.

Ross did a great job (green) of recovering for Lowry. DD is in no mans land in the paint guarding nobody. He finally realizes his mistake when the ball is in flight (blue) to Bayless. Way, way to late. Ross initially tries to close on Bayless, seeing that DD did not rotate soon enough, but DD did have a step on Ross so he promptly sprinted to the corner to close on the corner man (black). If the ball was swung again this would have led to a scramble for Ross again.

DD gives up the uncontested three to Bayless. Bucket.

Everyone else on the Raptors did a great job of rotating, but DD get's caught watching in no mans land and negates his teammates good work. This is a somewhat common occurrence for DD where he does not rotate properly.
                      Combine that with his awareness (letting Harkless waltz in for the easiest backdoor cut of his life)

One of the things (many things Lol) that I love about Ross is how good he is at rotating defensively, he's so quick to react to where there may be trouble and help, and he's so quick laterally that he can recover to his own man in time to contest a three pointer. When he's on song it's quite incredible to watch. Some times he can get burned for over helping, but I suppose he's taught to do that.

Comment

• ^I love watching Ross on D now, dude can be everywhere on a play. He has gotten really good at navigating screens as well, fun to watch him bounce around them keeping up to his guy. I don't understand how a defensive coach loves to keep him off the floor so much.

Comment

^I love watching Ross on D now, dude can be everywhere on a play. He has gotten really good at navigating screens as well, fun to watch him bounce around them keeping up to his guy. I don't understand how a defensive coach loves to keep him off the floor so much.
                          Neither do I. How can a defensive coach play GV over Terrence just because he's a better ball handler. Casey makes so many unexplainable decisions that I really have to question his sanity.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Im wondering the same thing but with Landry. Why isn't he getting any burn? Is there a situation with him and the coaching staff? Im sure Field's would contribute if given the chance.

Gonna throw this out there: anyone know where I can get the All star DeRozan Jersey?

Comment

• OldSchool wrote: View Post
                              Im wondering the same thing but with Landry. Why isn't he getting any burn? Is there a situation with him and the coaching staff? Im sure Field's would contribute if given the chance.
                              I think with Fields he may have a minutes restriction...like the med staff is telling Casey to not use Fields unless he has to because of the fickle nature of Fields' injury.

Only thing I can think of why he isn't used frequently.

Comment

I think with Fields he may have a minutes restriction...like the med staff is telling Casey to not use Fields unless he has to because of the fickle nature of Fields' injury.

Only thing I can think of why he isn't used frequently.
                                Or maybe Casey never wants to deviate from the set min he gives players?
                                Fields thoroughly out played Vasquez and Salmons today and he still sat down
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X