Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
    This shouldn't surprise anyone. The Raptor broadcasters are team employees. I've long suspected that they've been warned from above to stay away from criticizing players and Casey no matter how foolish their approach or tactics are. It has lowered the collective IQ of the fanbase, because all they know is Devlin/Jack/Leo making excuses for poor shot selection, bad defense, poor rotations and things like that.
    Yeah, they hardly ever say anything critical. Instead Jack and Leo essentially say "well gee, maybe they could possibly, I don't know correct me if I'm wrong here because Dwayne, DeMar, Kyle and everyone are so smart but maybe they should---Er I mean could run a play now instead of taking a fifth consecutive shot five seconds into the shot clock?

The most critical think I heard last night and probably all playoffs came from Jack in the second half last night. Ross chucked one up early before anything was even set because that's what Ross does. Jack essentially says "you have to live with your misses, are you satisfied with that miss?" end of conversation. During game seven when DeMar was playing for the NBA playoffs record for most consecutive misses they said nothing about it. He looked like Kobe Bryant in the first quarter of his last game, it was that painful but nothing... Nada.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      It's embarrassing, tbh.
      I wish I could watch that instead of the MLSE propaganda feed.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Yeah, they hardly ever say anything critical. Instead Jack and Leo essentially say "well gee, maybe they could possibly, I don't know correct me if I'm wrong here because Dwayne, DeMar, Kyle and everyone are so smart but maybe they should---Er I mean could run a play now instead of taking a fifth consecutive shot five seconds into the shot clock?
        It's laughable. Last night during the broadcast, Brent Barry was continually perplexed as to why the Raptors were chucking instead of running plays, particularly why they were ignoring JV for long stretches of time. At half, Kenny Smith points out that the Raptors half-court offense is a hot mess, and that they're most effective in transition. On Inside the NBA, Shaq openly questioned whether Lowry has it in him to play well in the playoffs, given his track record of poor play. You will hear none of this analysis or opinions from the TSN/Sportsnet crews, and their broadcasts are poorer for it. I don't expect them to throw guys under the bus, but the mollycoddling has to stop. We're not stupid. Bad basketball is bad basketball, and if I hear Jack use the fans not being loud enough or being anxious as a reason why the Raptors are tentative, I might lose it.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          It's embarrassing, tbh.
          Lol, there isn't a better word to describe the situation.

US fans are tuning in and watching the Raptors for potentially the 1st time all season. They're tuning in expecting to see a 56-win team, who dominated at home. Instead they're watching our allstars play 1-on-5 every other trip down the court.

Comment

• They were playing paniced, rushed, out of control at one point and the comment was "I love this frantic pace".

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              You know what was funny... there was a moment when JV hit the deck, and for the first time that I can remember, DeMar raced over to help him up. I don't know if I've ever seen him go over so fast. Maybe their chemistry is starting to build a little more.
              You know, Scrap, this is exactly what was going through my head the whole game. Like shit, if only DD/Lowry/Casey had put more priority on developing some passing chemistry with JV these last 2 seasons, it would make things a whole lot easier for everybody.

Instead Casey's been building up our guards as Ride or Die heroes who think they need to rescue the team by themselves. They're clearly not up to task, talent-wise and mentally, while JV has been absolutely stellar.

Comment

• Once again Demar goes off his foot in a game-tying situation.

Comment

• What are the numbers for "Average points scored to end a quarter with the last shot going to Derozan". Isolating just the playoffs would be nice too.

I would love to see those. Based off of how often we try to do it, it would have to be respectful no?

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                    What are the numbers for "Average points scored to end a quarter with the last shot going to Derozan". Isolating just the playoffs would be nice too.

I would love to see those. Based off of how often we try to do it, it would have to be respectful no?
                    DeMar is 0/8 in the playoffs with the shot clock off.(end of quarter)
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      Still another 22 shots left in the clip, though.....

Comment

That looks right to me.

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Still another 22 shots left in the clip, though.....
                        That also looks right to me.

Comment

• Here's the thing with DeMar. Whether you think he's been good or mediocre, and I can see the arguments both ways, he has been a long ways from great.

And to me, to get a max contract, you need to be great. Paul George is worth a max contract. DeMar is not.

Comment

And to me, to get a max contract, you need to be great. Paul George is worth a max contract. DeMar is not.
                            In today's NBA, players don't have to be great to get a max deal. They can be average or above average, which is about where DeMar is when he's getting a favourable whistle. I've never been a fan of his style of play and decision-making, but I'm baffled at how quickly so much of the fanbase has turned on him. He's been this way for years. What changed?

Comment

In today's NBA, players don't have to be great to get a max deal. They can be average or above average, which is about where DeMar is when he's getting a favourable whistle. I've never been a fan of his style of play and decision-making, but I'm baffled at how quickly so much of the fanbase has turned on him. He's been this way for years. What changed?
                              You don't have to be great to get a max deal. You do have to be great to win a championship on a max deal.

Comment

nothings changed. just the terrible playoff performances have made him an easier target to jump on. just like terrence ross.

Comment

Working...
                                X