• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When advanced stats go wrong.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
      When advanced stats go wrong.
      I don't think the stats themselves really "go wrong" I just think people use them incorrectly. Like the way golden is using win shares, actually is heavily biased towards players that put up decent WS on bad teams. According to his stat, the highest paid player in the NBA last year should've been a tie between James Harden (makes sense) and... Ed Davis at 18M.... bring him home?
      Last edited by JWash; Sun Aug 23, 2015, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• For the record that formula tells you that Ed Davis is worth more than 1996 Jordan (you know the one that led his team to 72 wins?)

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          For the record that formula tells you that Ed Davis is worth more than 1996 Jordan (you know the one that led his team to 72 wins?)
          Sometimes you are annoyingly correct.

But still, we should trade Demar and not pay 20 million.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

ball4life wrote: View Post
            Sometimes you are annoyingly correct.

But still, we should trade Demar and not pay 20 million.
            Who's we? lol.

We're not trading Demar.

It's time to accept it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
              Who's we? lol.

We're not trading Demar.

It's time to accept it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Dealing in absolutes doesn't really facilitate discussion, especially when you keep repeating yourself.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Dealing in absolutes doesn't really facilitate discussion, especially when you keep repeating yourself.
                Yes it will be a sad day for the DeRozan thread when people just start repeating themselves over and over again. A very sad day.

Comment

Yes it will be a sad day for the DeRozan thread when people just start repeating themselves over and over again. A very sad day.
                  Yet here you are reading it.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Lol I like this guy

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      Yet here you are reading it.

I like to periodically check in, make sure people are still coming up with creative ways to discredit DeRozan. And let me just say that the "he's been overpaid based on win shares" angle did not disappoint.

But seriously, we are 10,000 posts in on basically the same argument, mainly from the same people. The time to worry about any type of repetitive pattern in this thread was literally years ago.

Comment

I like to periodically check in, make sure people are still coming up with creative ways to discredit DeRozan. And let me just say that the "he's been overpaid based on win shares" angle did not disappoint.

But seriously, we are 10,000 posts in on basically the same argument, mainly from the same people. The time to worry about any type of repetitive pattern in this thread was literally years ago.
                        Oh don't worry, this thread will never disappoint you with crazy talk.

Some new people, but yes, same conversation for years now.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                          I don't think the stats themselves really "go wrong" I just think people use them incorrectly. Like the way golden is using win shares, actually is heavily biased towards players that put up decent WS on bad teams. According to his stat, the highest paid player in the NBA last year should've been a tie between James Harden (makes sense) and... Ed Davis at 18M.... bring him home?
                          LOL. Yep, you owned me on that one J-dub. But still, the point is that DD has benefited from being surrounded by talented depth the last few years. Pretty sure there are salary vs. performance analytics out there (perhaps a bit better than my hack attempt, lol) that would prove/disprove how much DD is actually worth.

Comment

• I'm guessing no one on RR wants Thibs as a coach anymore. Lol
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              I'm guessing no one on RR wants Thibs as a coach anymore. Lol
                              He is saying what every player and coach say about one another.

Nobody says anything bad because you don't know when that might come back to haunt you. Larry Nance, Jr. drafted by the Lakers this year is a great example.

More importantly, it doesn't appear Masai wants Thibs as coach. I think it was Doug Smith who has said numerous times that Masai looked in to him this spring but didn't like what he heard and found out.

Kevin Ollie is going to be Raps head coach next year. And KD is coming too.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                LOL. Yep, you owned me on that one J-dub. But still, the point is that DD has benefited from being surrounded by talented depth the last few years. Pretty sure there are salary vs. performance analytics out there (perhaps a bit better than my hack attempt, lol) that would prove/disprove how much DD is actually worth.
                                This has been done before. You were close though on how to go about it...here is a better way to go about it.

2.15Billion in salary paid to players in 2015
                                30 teams x 82 games = 2460/2 = 1230 wins
                                2150/1230 = $1.75million per win

DeRozan had a WS of 4.0 in 2014-15. $7M is his salary in advanced stat dollars.

Based on what DD gives you, he isn't underpaid.

Comment

Working...
                                X