No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't fully appreciate DeRazor til you see him in that super slow mow! My goodness he's a bad, bad man!

Comment

• blake griffin is a physical specimen.. the way contorted his body to bring out a car and a choir... amazing.

i officially f$%#ing hate props

the dunk contest had devolved into a glorified gong show

Comment

• (HD)

(HD)

(HD)

(HD)

(HD)

(HD)

(HD)

(HD)
        Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Feb 20, 2011, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Next year's dunk: two girls, two ladders, each with a KFC leg. Dunker will jump, takes a bite from each leg and then dunks the ball. The new era of product placement is here!

If that doesn't work, the two girls will use an Old Spice stick instead, apply to each dunker's armpits in mid-air, then dunk.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Demar was dunking street style. No frills, just skills. No glam, just slamm... for the purist only.

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post
              The score on DD's second was fair and he got a deserved 50. I'm not sold on his first. It was technically more difficult than Griffin's second, and took about the same number of tries. Problem was that the finish wasn't hard and the crowd didn't respond to it as well, maybe it being the first dunk and all. Judges get influenced by the crowd and that's why it was a 44.
              He and Amir got out of sync on the first one and with 50 seconds remaining I began to doubt if he was going to pull it off and then immediately, bam! The stuff leading up to the dunk kind of threw it off for me a little and it seems like the crowd felt the same. That said, it was very similar to the dunk Iggy made which I felt was good enough to beat Nate a few years back.

Comment

• Finals should've been DeRozan and Ibaka. I won't say he was robbed like last year, but he should've made it to the finals. It was just handed to Griffin.

Comment

• ESPN's Hollingers thoughts on the Dunk Comp

"In truth, McGee should have been facing DeMar DeRozan in the final instead of Griffin, but the hometown Los Angeles crowd swayed the judges heavily in Griffin's favor. In particular, Griffin received 46 points on a first-round dunk from a pass off the side of the backboard. DeRozan did the same thing, except he passed the ball between his legs after the catch -- a far more difficult maneuver. Nonetheless, he only got 44 points for his effort. Given that Griffin beat out DeRozan by a point for entry into the final, it was a grievous judging error.

DeRozan's other jam, titled the "Show Stopper," was spectacular enough to earn a perfect score of 50 without any props. He threw a bounced alley-oop on the right side the court, caught it one hand, swooped the ball under the hoop and reversed it one motion without ever bringing it back into his left hand.

Serge Ibaka came in fourth despite also submitting two fairly strong dunks. He might have fared better if he'd thrown it down more emphatically on his first, where he took off from the free throw line and juuuuuuust nudged it over the rim. This wasn't one of those fake free throw line dunks we've seen in past contests; he legitimately took off from the foul line, but he got only 45 points.

Between Ibaka's free throw line dunk, the DeRozan swoop, the DeRozan between-the-legs dunk and the McGee dunks with two rims and three balls, there were five iconic dunks in the first round.

None of those, you'll notice, were by the winner. Griffin had two misses on what would have been spectacular windmill dunks on his first try and ended up settling for a less emphatic jam on the one he actually made. Nonetheless, he received an incredibly generous score of 49 for that one. Nonetheless, I'm not sure the excitement in the arena every time Griffin walked up could be accurately conveyed on television. It's not necessarily fair, but it's the reason he won."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/allsta...contest-110220 - source
                  Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Comment

• Nice find.
                    Glad to hear he's thinking what we all already knew.
                    Hollinger just went from -1430 points in my book to -1429.

Comment

• glad somebody besides us realizes this derozans difficulty level on both his dunks were way higher then griffins and his second dunk was absolutely flawless.
                      guarentee you if he was playing on a team with more media coverage in the states he would of deffinately been in the finals and if not won it all.

Comment

• Demar's dunks were better than Blake's.....BUT...Demar knows it is all a gimmick/novelty contest now. He should've thrown out one novelty dunk in the first round to "wow" the crowd. He knew what he was getting into, the uneducated fans don't care about pure dunks, just stupid props. Plus, he went first, and Amir couldn't set him up to save his life.

Kinda Demar's fault people. I realize that 44 was too low compared to Blake's 46 later, but the dunk contest is a big stage show know, no way you gonna win it without some stupid prop unfortunately. Dunk contest officially jumped the shark the minute that superman cape came into play a couple years ago.

Comment

• EPIC!

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post

EPIC!
                            It truly was. That was my favourite dunk this year.

In hindsight he should have brought the ShowStopper out first. Did the Amir pass 2nd. I can only imagine what he had planned for the finals.

Comment

• both Ibaka and demar got robbed IMO
                              ya dun noe

Comment

• DeRozan Post-Theft Interview (ASG)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/video/366737...-DeRozan-1on1/

Comment

Working...
                                X