Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    When you talking about max money guys, anywhere close to half the games is a major disappointment.

He was damn lucky to even have those last 7 games the way he played. His role player teammates earned more than Demar these playoffs.

Inflated now and overpay when the cap stabilizes. The cap will likely end up at or less than this year, so if it's an overpay this year then it will be an overpay in 4 of the 5 years.
    first bold, not luck in anyway. he is a professional basketball player. if you or me hit 10 3s in a row that is luck. if demar plays well on a basketball court it is because he worked his entire life to be good at basketball. but you can take it away from him, the other team was probably sick those days too.

2nd bold is pure speculation to add doubt and emphasis to an argument on paying someone what the market says they are worth

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      I'm sorry, what exactly is your argument? I posted numbers, and you're claiming that I had bias in posting the numbers? I didn't modify them, they're readily available elsewhere. I didn't make them worse than DeMar's regular season numbers, DeMar's play did that.

The numbers I posted don't have any bias, except the bias of DeMar's shitty play in the playoffs.
      come on man, you have to know your own schtick. saying i am bias. this is the demar thread and you are barolt right? not one person here says he didn't play like garbage in the first round and those numbers are of course going to bring his entire averages down. showing how he played with less pressure and on a higher stage goes against your completely neutral stance on demar so you wont post it. if i had of asked for some random way to prove demar fucked sheep you would have went digging, to be fair to sheep fuckers

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        come on man, you have to know your own schtick. saying i am bias. this is the demar thread and you are barolt right? not one person here says he didn't play like garbage in the first round and those numbers are of course going to bring has entire averages down. showing how he played with less pressure and on a higher stage goes against your completely neutral stance on demar so you wont post it. if i had of asked for some random way to prove demar fucked sheep you would have went digging, to be fair to sheep fuckers
        You know, I've never personally attacked anyone in this thread, but I've been personally attacked by other people in this thread frequently. I said during the Cavs series that DeMar had been awesome, in fact I wrote about how you can't criticize him for his play in that series.

But that series didn't erase the first two, and still doesn't change the problems with his skillset and limitations.

Most of the people with concerns about DeMar admit that there's reasons to max him. I've said so myself, in this thread, recently. Why are the DeMar supporters so completely dismissive of the fact that there's reasons to be concerned about maxing him?
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

first bold, not luck in anyway. he is a professional basketball player. if you or me hit 10 3s in a row that is luck. if demar plays well on a basketball court it is because he worked his entire life to be good at basketball. but you can take it away from him, the other team was probably sick those days too.

2nd bold is pure speculation to add doubt and emphasis to an argument on paying someone what the market says they are worth
          Luck because Demar did not perform enough in the first 14 games to get to play that third series. This team won rounds 1 and 2 despite Demar's poor play. So yes, he was lucky because if we lost to the Pacers because DD and KL couldn't score, then Demar and Casey would both be gone.

The cap is going to jump more this year and the next then go down. So it's not speculation to say that an overpay this year is an overpay in years 3-5 too. If this was a typical cap year (slight increase, couple of teams with max space) then it is very unlikely that Demar gets anything close to a max offer.

Demar demonstrated these playoffs that when the game gets tough, Demar resorts to hero ball. He put together a good regular season and then followed it up with selfish chucking and poor defence and was lucky that the team won enough for him to turn it around in round 3. He's frankly worth around the same as Carroll (who played better in rounds 1 and 2 than 3).
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            But that series didn't erase the first two, and still doesn't change the problems with his skillset and limitations.
            never said it erases the first two but his improvement and consistency started during the miami series. and the first round doesn't erase that the other two rounds happened here. this argument is a half full glass with people saying whether it is full or not. truth is i find that the fact that he was able to string a bunch of good and really good games together in the 2nd and third rounds speaks higher than the inconsistency of the first round when he, personally, had a giant amount of pressure.

what stat marks the impact of every shot effecting your chance to earn 100 million dollars? if basketball and sports are about the mental game as much as the physical game, and we all like to point and paint people as mental midgets then that has to be taken into account.

i don't know what demar supporters think about the reasons to not max him. me, a raptors fan, knows you don't let something of value go when you can keep it at market value. that is all this argument is to me. sign him to do with him as you will in the future. the idea that signing him means we are married to demar is completely not true. this is the nba where every interview comes with an obligatory "this is a business". we have a gm who has repeatedly signed, lesser players i might add, to max contracts and traded them away. we have a gm who traded god damned andrea bargaini for a first round pick. any decision masai makes, i am giving him the benefit of the doubt.

team building wise, asset management wise, raptors future wise, signing demar is the right move.

Comment

Luck because Demar did not perform enough in the first 14 games to get to play that third series. This team won rounds 1 and 2 despite Demar's poor play. So yes, he was lucky because if we lost to the Pacers because DD and KL couldn't score, then Demar and Casey would both be gone.
              balls. so we are into hypothetical futures and realities now? you know if he had of played extremely well we could have swept all the way to the finals. lets at least keep the argument to things that are real

Comment

this argument is a half full glass with people saying whether it is full or not.
                Max money players shouldn't be half glass players.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

never said it erases the first two but his improvement and consistency started during the miami series. and the first round doesn't erase that the other two rounds happened here. this argument is a half full glass with people saying whether it is full or not. truth is i find that the fact that he was able to string a bunch of good and really good games together in the 2nd and third rounds speaks higher than the inconsistency of the first round when he, personally, had a giant amount of pressure.

what stat marks the impact of every shot effecting your chance to earn 100 million dollars? if basketball and sports are about the mental game as much as the physical game, and we all like to point and paint people as mental midgets then that has to be taken into account.

i don't know what demar supporters think about the reasons to not max him. me, a raptors fan, knows you don't let something of value go when you can keep it at market value. that is all this argument is to me. sign him to do with him as you will in the future. the idea that signing him means we are married to demar is completely not true. this is the nba where every interview comes with an obligatory "this is a business". we have a gm who has repeatedly signed, lesser players i might add, to max contracts and traded them away. we have a gm who traded god damned andrea bargaini for a first round pick. any decision masai makes, i am giving him the benefit of the doubt.

team building wise, asset management wise, raptors future wise, signing demar is the right move.
                  Consistency doesn't start when you start playing well. Consistency is playing well, without playing badly in the first place.

I'm not giving DeMar credit for the Miami series, yes, he was decent to good in some of the later games(I really only thought game 5 was good, 6+7 were more volume than anything else). But in games 1 and 4 he was so bad that we probably shouldn't have had to play games 5, 6 and 7.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• http://sports.yahoo.com/news/red-sho...184409095.html
                    here it is. the turn around started at game 5 of the miami series. so 5,6,7,1,2,3,4,6. 8 of 9 high end games where he played well.

Comment

balls. so we are into hypothetical futures and realities now? you know if he had of played extremely well we could have swept all the way to the finals. lets at least keep the argument to things that are real
                      What hypothetical? Demar played so poorly in the first 2 rounds that we very easily could have lost. A player who can't show up for 2 rounds of basketball is not worth that much money. That is what happened, he played badly. No alternate reality necessary to see that.

Demar was lucky that his teammates played well enough to win despite him.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        4 boards from the 2 are also nice, and just show the last 10 games of the playoffs. lets get a split of the first 10 compared to the last 10. if you could do that, please and thank you.
                        Ok since Barolt won't do it ... I will.

Last 10 games

23.2 ppg 3.8 reb 2.6 ast 2.2 to

51.7 TS% on 31.4% USG

45.2% fg
                        85.5 % ft
                        12.5 % 3s

First 10 games

Do we need to even look it up? I can't separate it on NBA.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by special1; Sun May 29, 2016, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Max money players shouldn't be half glass players.
                          shouldn't doesn't have shit to do with anything.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                            Ok since Barolt won't do it ... I will.

Last 10 games

23.2 ppg 3.8 reb 2.6 ast 2.2 to

45.2% fg
                            85.5 % ft
                            12.5 % 3s

First 10 games

Do we need to even look it up? I can't separate it on NBA.com.

haha 12.5%. what did he hit 1/8? haha

Comment

shouldn't doesn't have shit to do with anything.
                              What, are you suggesting that a player doesn't need to deserve a contract, as long as someone else is willing to give it to them then they deserve it?

Comment

haha 12.5%. what did he hit 1/8? haha
                                Yup 1/8 on 3s over the last 10 games

Comment

Working...
                                X