Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Durant is going to becoming from a team that lacks depth and flexibility.

He will know the importance of both first hand.
    But depth could also extend to the starting lineup as well. OKC never really had a starting lineup that was 5-deep. So playing with a generally more talented starting lineup could be just as or more enticing than traditional 'depth' ie bench.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      But depth could also extend to the starting lineup as well. OKC never really had a starting lineup that was 5-deep. So playing with a generally more talented starting lineup could be just as or more enticing than traditional 'depth' ie bench.
      I think we caoffer that as well.

Lowry is a downgrade, we all know that, but our PG depth overall is stronger. Lowry is a great player, just not a superstar like Westbrook.

Ppat is a great role player

Adn DC is better than any wing Durant has with him now.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        They don't have a solid wing mate.

They replaced Perkins with Kanter but don't have a wingmate for KD.

But you're right, they do have a solid starting unit.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
          I think we caoffer that as well.

Lowry is a downgrade, we all know that, but our PG depth overall is stronger. Lowry is a great player, just not a superstar like Westbrook.

Ppat is a great role player

Adn DC is better than any wing Durant has with him now.
          KL isn't as good as RW but that's a good thing. Means KD doesn't need to give up 20-25 shots to the PG.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
            Player A
            23.2ppg
            50.7 TS%
            108 oRTG
            104 dRTG
            4 netRTG
            21.8 PER
            29.8% USG
            29.5% (AST% + TRB%)
            0.144 WS/48
            0.3 BPM
            1.5 VORP

vs.

Player B
            22.7ppg
            53.2 TS%
            110 oRTG
            107 dRTG
            3 netRTG
            18.4 PER
            25.5% (AST% + TRB%)
            28.0% USG
            0.141 WS/48
            0.7 BPM
            2.0 VORP
            Player A: 9/9 career years above .100 WS/48
            Player B: 1/6 career years above .100 WS/48

You are comparing a guy who has been consistently excellent with a guy who has one year that is a serious aberration from his career to date. Player A's career WS/48 average is .145. Player B has never hit that value in any one year of his career.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Player A: 9/9 career years above .100 WS/48
              Player B: 1/6 career years above .100 WS/48

You are comparing a guy who has been consistently excellent with a guy who has one year that is a serious aberration from his career to date. Player A's career WS/48 average is .145. Player B has never hit that value in any one year of his career.
              To make matters more incredibly wowzers, player Bs career year, and not most recent, has been cherry picked as the year of comparison.

Comment

• Most recent healthy season, think that's fair

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                  Most recent healthy season, think that's fair
                  But you didn't use Player A's most recent healthy season. You went back a year to avoid comparing to his .165 WS/48 rate this season.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Just watch them play - even that similar midrange game is different. LMA commands a lot more respect, draws doubles much more quickly and frequently, and just bends the defence in a way that DeMar never has.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Also a great point that a PF shooting a 16 footer is pulling a rim protector and rebounder 16 feet away from the basket, while a SG taking the same shot is actually drawing a perimeter defender closer to the basket and clogging up the floor.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Also a great point that a PF shooting a 16 footer is pulling a rim protector and rebounder 16 feet away from the basket, while a SG taking the same shot is actually drawing a perimeter defender closer to the basket and clogging up the floor.
                        It especially helps when, this past season, LA shot 42% from 16-24ft and 36% from 3.

DeRozan on the other hand, as a SHOOTING guard, shot 35% and 29%.

Of course he was injured so let's look at his cherry picked year: 39.5% and 30.5%.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          But you didn't use Player A's most recent healthy season. You went back a year to avoid comparing to his .165 WS/48 rate this season.
                          Nah i just compared the same year for both guys

Comment

• I don't think DD's as bad as you guys make him out to be. From reading this thread you'd think he isn't good at anything.

EDIT: At this point I think I'm just going to wait and see how he plays this year and then what Masai does afterwards (or during). No sense debating this, because at the end of the day whatever Masai does people are going to co-sign it in the end lol cause they know the man's a basketball genius.
                            Last edited by JWash; Mon Aug 24, 2015, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• Take some time off people

If another MOD wants to reopen it in a little bit fine...but nobody is saying anything new or relevant and I have three more reported posts in my inbox...clearly talking about DeRozan is impossible
                              Last edited by thead; Mon Aug 24, 2015, 09:51 PM.
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                                Well, that leaves us back at the DeMar's a capable mid-range shooter and gets to the line - but he'd have to improve his shot selection, including some better 3's. Yes, Bismack doesn't have a mid-range game. But he's athletic and a monster dunker, defender .... And young.

Just trying to understand the options. I'm sure you've all read the July article on Bruno's development:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...bruno-caboclo/

But I'm not a fan of Michael Grange, personally. And I suppose it's just nice guys saying nice things. But the claim is he's really been learning. Honestly I'd rather he became Kevin Durant than sign KD. Not the Bruno thread, I know (but it's not the Demar thread, either). Any chance the kid can use his natural gifts to any real use this year?
                                DeMar is not a capable mid range shooter, go look up the #'s he's terrible from midrange. Just because a player takes a certain shot a lot doesn't mean he actually makes enough of them.
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X