Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Score ‏@theScore

DeMar DeRozan is confident the Toronto Raptors will be championship contenders by the end of his contract. http://thesco.re/16EVGto
    Yeeeeee Boy lol this will be looming over his head come year four. Build that Hype DeMar.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
      Yeeeeee Boy lol this will be looming over his head come year four. Build that Hype DeMar.
      That's straight out the hood. But that's all on Big Valley, if he turns into the big Lithuanian fundamental then we have a chance

Comment

• It's not a secret I'm not a big fan of demar, but I am certain his ceiling is average at best. reason is as follows.

is he explosive? no. Is he crafty? no. Does he have good instincts, where he just knows what to do quickly(feel)? no. does he have good lateral quickness? no. good shooter?no.

In my opinion, the only thing he has going for him is age and durability. It's great that he comes back better every year, but everyone is forgetting that he had very few skills coming into the league, I would argue that it is easy to show progress when you suck at everything. Very likeable guy, who puts up good stats, but overall doesn't have as big an impact on winning as I would like. He would be a great bench guy on a contender.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
          Usual Demar Derozan season:

Beginning of season = Above average
          Middle of season = inconsistent, and bad
          End of season = Finishes season strong

Demar Derozan THIS season:

Beginning of season = All-Star calibre
          Middle of season = Solid
          End of season (so far) = Inconsistent, looks like a D-League player, trying to finish soft
          His unconscious mind trying to get minutes to Ross so he can go into the summer feeling good ?

Comment

• More reasons why DeRozan should be traded:

DeRozan and Gay combination rank 31st on the team in offensive rating, effective field goal percentage and true shooting percentage (minimum five games played together) according to nba.com's stats tool. While the theory is that both can operate with more freedom because of the defensive attention the other one commands, that hasn't actually translated into a more efficient offense for the team thus far.
            It's worth noting that while the DeRozan-Gay tandem ranks 31st on the roster in offensive rating, Gay and Terrence Ross rank fourth (101.5 points scored per 100 possessions versus 105.8 points scored per 100 possessions).
            The best teams in the league design their rosters to maximize the strengths of their best players (it's why Gay was jettisoned from Memphis in the first place), but the Raptors have invested heaviest into players that seem to limit the effectiveness of one another
            http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/tim_chisholm/?id=418733
            Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Mar 22, 2013, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              More reasons why DeRozan should be traded:

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/tim_chisholm/?id=418733
              I thought that was a great article from Chisholm, reiterating a lot of stuff that's been brought up here on RR.

The fundamental question is: what assets do the Raptors realistically have to land another impact player?

Assumptions
              - Valanciunas is untouchable
              - Gay & Lowry aren't going anywhere (they're a package and Gay is BC's new golden boy)
              - Johnson likely isn't going anywhere (fans and DC would both be outraged)

Trade Options

1) free agent signing using MLE (amnesty Kleiza to bring team salary down to the level that would give team full MLE)

2) trade Bargnani

3) trade Bargnani & spare part(s) (ie: Fields, Kleiza, Gray, Acy, Lucas, 2014 2nd round pick)

4) trade Bargnani & asset(s) (ie: Ross, future 1st round pick - assuming 2013 pick goes to OKC)

5) trade DeRozan

6) trade DeRozan & spare part(s)

7) trade DeRozan & asset(s)

8) trade Bargnani & DeRozan

9) trade Bargnani & DeRozan & spare part(s)

10) trade Bargnani & DeRozan & asset(s)

I honestly can't see a true impact player being acquired without including DeRozan. The only options without DeRozan would all have significant 'cons' associated with them (ie: Boozer & maybe Gasol - age, salary, injury concern, etc...). Also, I'd rather trade DeRozan before I traded Ross and/or future 1st round picks, but that's definitely debatable and dependent on the details of an offer.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                I thought that was a great article from Chisholm, reiterating a lot of stuff that's been brought up here on RR.

The fundamental question is: what assets do the Raptors realistically have to land another impact player?

Assumptions
                - Valanciunas is untouchable
                - Gay & Lowry aren't going anywhere (they're a package and Gay is BC's new golden boy)
                - Johnson likely isn't going anywhere (fans and DC would both be outraged)

Trade Options

1) free agent signing using MLE (amnesty Kleiza to bring team salary down to the level that would give team full MLE)

2) trade Bargnani

3) trade Bargnani & spare part(s) (ie: Fields, Kleiza, Gray, Acy, Lucas, 2014 2nd round pick)

4) trade Bargnani & asset(s) (ie: Ross, future 1st round pick - assuming 2013 pick goes to OKC)

5) trade DeRozan

6) trade DeRozan & spare part(s)

7) trade DeRozan & asset(s)

8) trade Bargnani & DeRozan

9) trade Bargnani & DeRozan & spare part(s)

10) trade Bargnani & DeRozan & asset(s)

I honestly can't see a true impact player being acquired without including DeRozan. The only options without DeRozan would all have significant 'cons' associated with them (ie: Boozer & maybe Gasol - age, salary, injury concern, etc...). Also, I'd rather trade DeRozan before I traded Ross and/or future 1st round picks, but that's definitely debatable and dependent on the details of an offer.
                I'm certainly on board for trading DeRozan now, as long as the returning pieces actually addresses a hole in our roster, and or a receiving a significant talent.
                Only reason why I wouldn't be hesitant, is if a trade happens, I do not want the bold, Boozer is an exception.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I'm all for trading Bargnani + DeRozan for Pau Gasol + pick (or some other asset). I've made this case before in a couple of threads and the idea was shot down by someone calling it "ridiculous beyond belief." But whatever, I'm still on that bandwagon for a few reasons.

Gasol - good post up player, good passer, has length, can mentor Valanciunas, previously worked with Scott Roth, has a mid range shot, not being used effectively in L.A.

You get rid of 2 inefficient players - more room for Terrence Ross' development (there's also Fields left)

I'll be sad to see DeMar go but realistically, Rudy and Demar do not compliment each other & it would be a bigger task getting rid of Gay & quite frankly, it won't happen for at least another year or 2 at the minimum

DeRozan back in L.A. - gives the Lakers another scorer & it probably won't hurt seeing and facing Kobe in practice every day

Massive expiring contract that can bail out the Raptors somewhat if all else fails (almost $20 M)
                  “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Im sorry but DeRozan for Gasol is an awful idea....

Comment

Im sorry but DeRozan for Gasol is an awful idea....
                      It could very well be .... I just feel that Demar and Gay overlap each other & I'm not convinced Demar's defense will significantly improve. It's more of a cop out trade (eliminating long term salaries) for a massive expiring contract.

The year after Gasol expires, Rudy expires, Fields expires & voila, our cap situation is GONE. That's my prime motivation actually. I just don't believe in our team the way it's set up right now.
                      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Im sorry but DeRozan for Gasol is an awful idea....
                        Its actually a great idea. I'd rather have a bigman who can rebound and score down low for you. Than 2 dudes who essentially play the same type of game offensively. We also free up cap space which gives us more room to operate in Free agency and trades

Comment

• A lot of people (myself included) were against the DeRozan extension this season, but Chisholm attempts to give Colangelo the benefit of the doubt suggesting that this summer's free agent market is a thin one, with a lot of teams hoping to cash in. Once the majority of these teams come away empty-handed, Colangelo could step in by offering DeRozan to seemingly desperate teams.

This is actually a strategy that Denver's Masai Ujiri - a former Colangelo disciple - has used to perfection on more than on occasion while improving his Nuggets squad. He inked Nene to a massive deal and dealt him for JaVale McGee a few months later. He gave Arron Afflalo a healthy new deal only to trade him as part of the package that got Andre Iguodala. Heck, more than a few pundits expect the Nuggets to go that route again after seeing the dollars they threw at McGee last summer. Denver has had great success using this method of asset management and Toronto could certainly stand to steal a page out of that play book.
                          http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/tim_chisholm/?id=419300

Not sure if I believe that Colangelo is this diabolical, but you never know...

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            Its actually a great idea. I'd rather have a bigman who can rebound and score down low for you. Than 2 dudes who essentially play the same type of game offensively. We also free up cap space which gives us more room to operate in Free agency and trades
                            and out on average 30 games a season is sniffing at retirement with bad legs.... Derozan is a good asset to trade I dont want him traded mind you but if he is we better get someone healthy and impactful to the team.

Comment

and out on average 30 games a season is sniffing at retirement with bad legs.... Derozan is a good asset to trade I dont want him traded mind you but if he is we better get someone healthy and impactful to the team.
                              Think of Gasol simply as a means of ridding ourselves of Bargnani, and as a means to obtain cap flexibility in 2014 (Gasol is a $19 million expiring contract).

Comment

• Gasol for Bargnani great go for it DeRozan for Gasol? Never.

Comment

Working...
                                X