• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's his confidence taking them that strikes me
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
      ya... good for him.. id expect those #s to go down... people will start defending him closer on the perimeter...which in turn should open up more opportunity to drive to the hoop.... hopefully he dont go fallin in love with the junp shot like VC did! LOL
      Jesus H. Christ and for the love of all that is honest, good, and pure, knock on some damn wood immediately.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        It's his confidence taking them that strikes me
        Yeah, there's no hesistation in taking them.
        Last edited by WhatWhat; Wed Jan 4, 2012, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• I havent seen a Raptor dominated game since....

I am actually more amazed at Bargs transformation. Give Casey a raise.

I'll wake up tomorrow and this maybe a dream. Great balanced play.

Comment

• It's looking like he really shot about 1000 a day over the summer. Nevertheless (and hardly worth mentioning), he probably won't keep this percentage up.

Comment

• Maybe he's our Derrick Williams from Arizona last season?

Comment

• He looked like the opposite of Butler out there.
                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• once they start guarding him closer we'll see a lot of baseline dunks and posters.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                    It's looking like he really shot about 1000 a day over the summer. Nevertheless (and hardly worth mentioning), he probably won't keep this percentage up.
                    I'll be more than happy with 40%

Comment

• In other words, he hit as many threes in one game as he did all of last season.

Comment

• big red wrote: View Post
                        In other words, he hit as many threes in one game as he did all of last season.
                        Precisely.

5/8 tonight.
                        5/52 last season.

Comment

• DeRozan is absolutely shooting with confidence. I hope this translate to a more complete offensive game. I hope he develops the swagger ala Vince Carter of old. I haven't really seen Bargnani's swagger, only briefly. But DeRozan can really bring it!
                          #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

• We have known all along DeMar has a really big ceiling if he works hard. He needs the right attitude and coaching staff. I would give him a big contract next year if he keeps performing like this and keep him happy here. He needs to improve on his D, work on his post moves and be more aggressive on the boards. Rather than being a 3point shooter he needs to add that to his skills and use it wisely like Kobe. else he would become another Kevin martin who blows hot n cold.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                              It's looking like he really shot about 1000 a day over the summer. Nevertheless (and hardly worth mentioning), he probably won't keep this percentage up.
                              I read a star article where he was quoted as saying he didn't leave the gym until he made 500 threes.

Comment

• AJ360 wrote: View Post
                                I read a star article where he was quoted as saying he didn't leave the gym until he made 500 threes.
                                Actually it was 250 threes and 250 midrange shots:

Three New Stars in 3-Point Land

By ROB MAHONEY

The addition of a consistent 3-point shot is one of the great off-season glamor moves in the world of N.B.A. player development, akin to adding “15 pounds of muscle,” or a non-point guard claiming to have put in work on his ball-handling. But there’s good reason for teams and players to value the extension of range back to the 3-point arc; although the long ball is certainly chic, it’s also an incredibly efficient shot and a facilitator for an established halfcourt offense.

There’s a very real payoff (both in actual dollars and in the less literal currency of the game) for players able to establish themselves as 3-point shooters. With that in mind, here are three suddenly effective marksmen who had previously struggled from beyond the arc, and the methods behind their surprising accuracy:

DeMar DeRozan, Toronto Raptors

Last season: 5-52 3FG (9.6 per cent)

This season: 5-8 3FG (62.5 per cent)

As John Schuhmann noted at NBA.com, DeRozan has rebounded strongly from the worst 3-point-shooting season in N.B.A. history to post an impressive 5-of-8 shooting mark through five games. Schuhmann spoke with DeRozan after Monday night’s game against the Knicks, in which the Raptors guard connected on both of his attempts from long range:

“I think last year I wasn’t comfortable with it,” DeRozan said after his Raptors held off the Knicks for their second win of the season. “I was timid about shooting it. When I shoot it now, I shoot it with confidence, like I know it’s going in.”

That confidence is the result of a ton of work in Los Angeles this summer. DeRozan said that, five or six days a week in the off-season, he’d follow up his weight and skill work with a night session where he’d make 250 midrange jumpers and 250 3s.

Unlike other basketball improvements, shooting really is only a function of confidence and repetition. DeRozan was willing to put in the work, and now that he’s starting to establish muscle memory for an accurate 3-point release, his confidence in his shot-making ability has grown accordingly.

We can see evidence of that in DeRozan’s willingness to stand beyond the 3-point arc at all, where he rarely ventured last season because of his lack of trust in his 3-point stroke. Last year DeRozan would wander the baseline area (the “short corner”) or provide spacing on the perimeter, but often a step or two inside the arc, where a far more comfortable midrange jumper could be had. DeRozan still works to those spots on the floor without the ball, but he also seems more at home waiting for a 3-point kickout than before.
                                Source and other part of the article

Comment

Working...
                                X