X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeRozan - All-Star?

Saw this on my feed on FB

DeMar DeRozan
    It would be a dream come true to make the All-Star team. Support your boy and text DeRozan to 69622 daily. I really appreciate everyone's support!

I actually voted for him, mostly because he's a Raptor. I dont think he deserves (if you regard All-Star as elite, and not a popularity contest) to be an All-Star this year, and i think thats fairly obvious.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Bargniani is playing like an all-star at the moment, but derozan is playing no where near the level Andrea is at. I just hope Andrea gets in

Comment

• DD is nowhere near an all-star at this point.

Comment

• Yeah we're lucky if we get 1 all-star let alone 2. And our best player is Bargnani.

Comment

• No

Comment

• he is playing like complete garbage. I had so much faith in the guy, its sad to see him play like this. If he doesn't improve this its going to be a huge problem not only for him but the raptors. Fans are already pissed at him, go read the FB comments. you can't blame them though he is playing very bad.

Comment

• Any thoughts of that for DD ... are a joke, unless he becomes really popular in China.
                The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• hes not even playing like a D-league all star at the moment.... LOL he can keep dreaming

Comment

• Just remember, it's DD fans that think he should make it, I'm sure DD's not thinking that at all. He's nowhere NEAR that, this season, so far. I just hope people don't get to dissing him as if it's HIM that thinks he should be there. That's a public set-up if I've ever heard/seen one.
                    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      he is playing like complete garbage. I had so much faith in the guy, its sad to see him play like this. If he doesn't improve this its going to be a huge problem not only for him but the raptors. Fans are already pissed at him, go read the FB comments. you can't blame them though he is playing very bad.
                      Going to have to change your name to "Propsneeded" if he doesn't turn things around, which I expect he will. Still the same player as last year. Just something in his head isn't right. He will sort it out.

Allstar? Not this year.

Comment

• DeMar will be fine. I'm obviously not a sports psychologist by any means, but I think DeMar is his own worst enemy. It's a mental thing for him. Now I'm basing this opinion on his own quotes, but you can't fault his work ethic because by all accounts he's a gym rat both during the off-season and currently now. He's young and still has alot of growth ahead him. Is there the potential of him becoming an all-star one day? Absolutely, but he's not there yet.

Comment

• agree with Doc.

Being a physical specimen is great... but i see dudes with well tuned athletic bodies who are complete wastes of human life all the time...

he needs to do something about his mentality... get that desire to dominate his opponent that the Kobes and MJs of the world have...

Comment

• DeMar just needs to adjust to the reduced speed of casey's offense.

Edit: If he can.

Comment

• DeRozan fell in love with his jump shot and all was good when the shots were falling. Take it to the hoop, I say. Get to the foul line more frequently. DD had that going at the start of the third period then all fell apart.
                              Last edited by stretch; Wed Jan 11, 2012, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• DeRozan's problem is between his ears. He isn't any slower than last year, and his shooting mechanics are just as ugly as last year. But after one or two bad shooting nights, he probably started doubting himself. Now it looks like he's scared to shoot, but he has no choice because he's so wide open.

He'll eventually learn to attack the rim with more purpose. That will help him get some easy points from the line, which should get some confidence back (or at least, I hope).

As for his all-star worthiness, I'm going to email Stern and ask him to reset DeMar's totals back to zero. The guy doesn't deserve a single vote. Hometown favourtism be damned!

Comment

Working...
                                X