No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a dream world, I would trade Demar and our pick that somehow lands us Wiggins.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      I say trade DD for Barnes. That way you are getting better fit AND potentially better talent in the long run.
      Wait wait wait, slow down.

You're saying we give up DD so we have a better fit for Ross and Barnes?

Moving DD to make room for Ross? What has Ross done that DD hasn't, besides have a better 3 point shot and win the slam dunk contest?

Potential for better talent with Barnes? DD just make the freaking all star team! He's still improving!
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        DeRozan haters be like:

Before the playoffs: DeRozan's game is going to get exposed in the playoffs. He's going to struggle against the physicality of the game. Playoffs is a diff animal.

After the Nets series where DeRozan puts up all-star numbers: Let's keep in mind that the Nets have awful, decrepit wing defenders.

Sooo true! lol

All of a sudden the Nets have awful, decrepit wing defenders?? I think the haters are getting delusional..

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          I say trade DD for Barnes. That way you are getting better fit AND potentially better talent in the long run.
          Don't go suggesting any trade that brings back less than the entire starting All-NBA team. People around here will accept nothing less in a trade.

FWIW, I think DD has much more value, or at least he should, than Barnes.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
            The "non-haters" have been saying the same thing that DeRozan needs to improve in these areas.

You seem to have the false pre tense that DeRozan supporters think he is a perfect player. He's not, he has flaws, but the difference between me and you is that I realize that his positives far outweigh his negatives and there are few players in the NBA producing more value per dollar.
            THIS!! ^^^ Nothing more needs to be said.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
              In a dream world, I would trade Demar and our pick that somehow lands us Wiggins.

See this is one area where I'm very torn. Let's assume that was on the table.

If you do that trade Lowry is gone and you're basically committing to a rebuild with Wiggins, Ross and Valanciunas as your starting core. The plus side of doing this is that you get a potential superstar talent in Wiggins. The downside is if Wiggins is anything less than a superstar talent, it is a complete waste of time and sets you back like 3-5 years.

It's tough to gauge whether the risk of such a move is worth the potential reward.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                Don't go suggesting any trade that brings back less than the entire starting All-NBA team. People around here will accept nothing less in a trade.

FWIW, I think DD has much more value, or at least he should, than Barnes.
                The problem is finding a deal that fits salary wise. Might have to bring a 3rd team in, because it would be difficult to see the W's do a Barnes-Thompson-Speights for Derozan deal. That matches up salary wise.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                  Well that is very pessimistic.
                  Unless there are a bunch of examples of players who showed no defensive potential for the first five years of their careers, and then turned into stoppers, it isn't pessimistic.

I can't think of any.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                    See this is one area where I'm very torn. Let's assume that was on the table.

If you do that trade Lowry is gone and you're basically committing to a rebuild with Wiggins, Ross and Valanciunas as your starting core. The plus side of doing this is that you get a potential superstar talent in Wiggins. The downside is if Wiggins is anything less than a superstar talent, it is a complete waste of time and sets you back like 3-5 years.

It's tough to gauge whether the risk of such a move is worth the potential reward.
                    It's extremely tough. I think it comes down to the following:

Lowry-Demar core will need another All-NBA type talent to compete for a title. These guys are very hard to come by. You have to start getting these players into your crosshairs now, and assess when and how you could get them. If you go through the list and feel that getting one of these players is not very likely...

...then you have to think hard about pulling the trigger on said trade.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      I was joking about this. It will never happen.

I think that at this point in his career, the only possible element of him game that could significantly improve is his 3pt shooting.
                      I think of DeRozan's limitations, the 3 pt. shooting would be the one I'd say is least likely to improve.
                      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        It's extremely tough. I think it comes down to the following:

Lowry-Demar core will need another All-NBA type talent to compete for a title. These guys are very hard to come by. You have to start getting these players into your crosshairs now, and assess when and how you could get them. If you go through the list and feel that getting one of these players is not very likely...

...then you have to think hard about pulling the trigger on said trade.
                        Ideally Jonas is that guy. I'm not saying he will be, I'm saying that's what you're betting on by keeping the core intact.
                        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

The problem is finding a deal that fits salary wise. Might have to bring a 3rd team in, because it would be difficult to see the W's do a Barnes-Thompson-Speights for Derozan deal. That matches up salary wise.

That is a trade I would think is good value for DeRozan.

But Barnes alone? No way.... I get what you're saying on the CBA rules though.

Comment

DD for TPE. TPE for Barnes. Problem solved.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              That is a trade I would think is good value for DeRozan.

But Barnes alone? No way.... I get what you're saying on the CBA rules though.
                              Agreed. That would be fair value for Toronto. I think with that deal and re signing Lowry makes us a better squad than at the end of last year.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                The "non-haters" (as I guess we're calling them, LOL) have never had an issue with these flaws, or needing to improve them. I'm not sure anyone has stated Demar is a finished product ... far from it actually. I suppose it's the fact you must "hate" on a guy for having flaws.
                                Oh I say "hater" totally tongue in cheek.

It was after all many posters here who labeled anyone who criticized DD's game as a "hater".

I've just rolled with it and the fact it has caught on as it has is quite telling of the "fanboys" delusions.

Comment

Working...
                                X