Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Raps did a great job setting those screens for open looks.

DeRozan did a great job hitting the shots too.

Since January 5th - DeRozan's awakening - he has taken more 16-24 shots than anyone else in the league (192). Earlier in the season he was hitting about 39% of these shots. Since January 5th he is hitting 43.8% of them - 33rd in the league among players with at least 50 attempts.
    Yeah, he's got a lot of confidence in his jump shot which is a good thing as long as his shot drops (no point in arguing that he shouldn't take long two's anymore..that's sort of obvious). I'm just pointing out that his strength lies in taking that open shot as opposed to trying to create space for himself. I could have lived with him taking that long two in Chicago, if it was an open shot, but instead it was create for yourself scenario which he's poor at.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      Yeah, he's got a lot of confidence in his jump shot which is a good thing as long as his shot drops (no point in arguing that he shouldn't take long two's anymore..that's sort of obvious). I'm just pointing out that his strength lies in taking that open shot as opposed to trying to create space for himself. I could have lived with him taking that long two in Chicago, if it was an open shot, but instead it was create for yourself scenario which he's poor at.
      I'm not arguing anything at all here, btw, and I agree with your points.

Comment

• I missed yesterday's game, but looking at the stat line and reading about it, it seems to be one of Demar's best performances.

I was re-watching the Washington game this weekend and Demar seems to be more engaged defensively right now. The playoff atmosphere might be bringing out the best in the other aspects of his game.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• A+ this season Guy went Above and Beyond expectations. go DeMar! Go!

Comment

Raps did a great job setting those screens for open looks.

DeRozan did a great job hitting the shots too.

Since January 5th - DeRozan's awakening - he has taken more 16-24 shots than anyone else in the league (192). Earlier in the season he was hitting about 39% of these shots. Since January 5th he is hitting 43.8% of them - 33rd in the league among players with at least 50 attempts.
            Would like to know how many time DD is getting to the FT line over that same span. That's huge. And especially when you're trying to mount a comeback in the 4th quarter - you need to be able to score with the clock stopped. All of the winning teams have those types of 'closers', who really piss you off (along with the refs) when you're on the losing side.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              Would like to know how many time DD is getting to the FT line over that same span. That's huge. And especially when you're trying to mount a comeback in the 4th quarter - you need to be able to score with the clock stopped. All of the winning teams have those types of 'closers', who really piss you off (along with the refs) when you're on the losing side.
              8.9 attempts per game since January 5th

2.7 attempts per 4th quarter since January 5th

When running stats from January 5th surprising he is only shooting 38% in 4th quarter.

Comment

8.9 attempts per game since January 5th

When running stats from January 5th surprising he is only shooting 38% in 4th quarter.
                what's so surprising? Just few weeks ago DeMar was horrible in 4th quarters.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                  what's so surprising? Just few weeks ago DeMar was horrible in 4th quarters.
                  Surprising as in you are expecting bad news but weren't expecting it to be THAT bad.

Comment

8.9 (FT) attempts per game since January 5th

I wonder how much impact those free throws have (for DD and other Raptors players) outside of the FT points themselves, as in:
                    1. shots when opponents are in FT bonus time
                    2. opponents changing their defensive play because they are approaching or are in foul trouble
                    3. Raps players deciding to get aggressive because their defensive opponent is in foul trouble

Comment

• Love this. Fun to watch!

Last edited by The Great One; Mon Mar 3, 2014, 04:23 PM.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        Love this. Fun to watch!

LOL did I actually just hear that from Leo? 1:56 - "remember when (Curry) came into the league, he was such a poor shooter."

3 years at Davidson - 41% 3pt
                        Rookie year - 44% 3pt, 58% true shooting
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                          LOL did I actually just hear that from Leo? 1:56 - "remember when (Curry) came into the league, he was such a poor shooter."

3 years at Davidson - 41% 3pt
                          Rookie year - 44% 3pt, 58% true shooting
                          He was talking about DeRozan
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                            He was talking about DeRozan
                            ohhh.

False alarm.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Not sure if this was posted:

Most points per pick-and-roll possession, ball-handler
                              Ball-handler Poss. Team PTS PTS/Poss. Top Partner Poss. Team PTS PTS/Poss.
                              Goran Dragic 1,172 1,361 1.16 Channing Frye 392 510 1.30
                              DeMar DeRozan 690 793 1.15 Amir Johnson 261 303 1.16
                              Kevin Durant 732 813 1.11 Serge Ibaka 284 286 1.01
                              Jeremy Lin 528 586 1.11 Dwight Howard 166 181 1.09
                              LeBron James 659 729 1.11 Chris Bosh 188 225 1.20
                              Damian Lillard 1,121 1,238 1.10 LaMarcus Aldridge 441 526 1.19
                              Dwyane Wade 469 516 1.10 Chris Bosh 155 144 0.93
                              Jrue Holiday 783 859 1.10 Anthony Davis 245 256 1.04
                              Monta Ellis 1,451 1,583 1.09 Dirk Nowitzki 500 554 1.11
                              George Hill 619 672 1.09 David West 258 279 1.08

Among 46 starting point guards and other perimeter players in the top 25 in usage rate.
                              Top partner = Player with whom he’s run the most pick-and-rolls.

DeRozan’s numbers seem a little fluky. He’s shot just 41 percent out of pick-and-rolls, has recorded an assist on just 5.8 percent those 690 possessions (the fourth lowest rate of the group), and averages less than one secondary assist (where his pass directly leads to somebody else’s assist) per game. But he has drawn fouls on 9.4 percent of his pick-and-roll possessions, a rate on par with that of LeBron James.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/0...ikes-the-suns/

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Love this. Fun to watch!

Didn't even hear Leo call out "ONIONS!" after he hit that shot over Curry at the buzzer. Love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X