Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Damn. I don't think I've seen anything like this before specially the player DeRozan's caliber. #respect

Toronto Raptors shooting guard DeMar DeRozan does not plan to schedule meetings with other teams at the start of free agency, opting to focus on working out a contract to return to the Eastern Conference finalists, a source told ESPN.com.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...oronto-raptors
    Wait a minute... Stephan A Smith sources we're telling him that DD will sign with the Lakers, I guess the homeless guy he met outside the ESPN studios was not reliable after all.

Comment

• It's so funny that all the anti-DeMar posters immediately assume that DeMar is trying to squeeze the Raps for more money. How hard is it to get that the guy is simply a straight shooter? He has indicated all along that he intends to stay. There are 160 posts on the reddit thread and not one uses the word leverage and I couldn't spot anyone suggesting this is some kind of ploy. Meanwhile here our fans are insinuating ulterior motives.

Marc Gasol didn't take meetings with other teams last year.
      http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...phis-grizzlies

Frankly it seems to me that DeMar is open to letting Masai poke around free agency to see if we can maneuver to add more talent, before re-signing with the Raps.

FWIW the Noah report has already been debunked, obviously no one is giving him $30 million a year.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Scraptor;664796]It's so funny that all the anti-DeMar posters immediately assume that DeMar is trying to squeeze the Raps for more money. How hard is it to get that the guy is simply a straight shooter? He has indicated all along that he intends to stay. There are 160 posts on the reddit thread and not one uses the word leverage and I couldn't spot anyone suggesting this is some kind of ploy. Meanwhile here our fans are insinuating ulterior motives.

Frankly it seems to me that DeMar is open to letting Masai poke around free agency to see if we can maneuver to add more talent, before re-signing with the Raps.

FWIW the Noah report has already been debunked, obviously no one is giving him $30 million a year.[/

I wish I could like this twice. Well said.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          It's so funny that all the anti-DeMar posters immediately assume that DeMar is trying to squeeze the Raps for more money. How hard is it to get that the guy is simply a straight shooter? He has indicated all along that he intends to stay. There are 160 posts on the reddit thread and not one uses the word leverage and I couldn't spot anyone suggesting this is some kind of ploy. Meanwhile here our fans are insinuating ulterior motives.

FWIW the Noah report has already been debunked, obviously no one is giving him $30 million a year.
          It's possible you're right. But the report of him taking no meetings specifically said 'unless talks fall apart'. The Gasol report says nothing similar.

It's an interesting piece of language, and one that a reporter wouldn't have ad-libbed, because if it went against the intention of his source he could burn that source. So it leaves you wondering, if that line was completely unnecessary because he really just wants the best thing for the team, why does it even say that?
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• I think you're giving the media too much credit Barolt. It's a media story citing an unnamed source.

All I take from this is dude wants to stay in Toronto.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
              I think you're giving the media too much credit Barolt. It's a media story citing an unnamed source.

All I take from this is dude wants to stay in Toronto.
              Then you're reading what the report wants you to know, we can infer other things by what it doesn't say/who's saying it.

For instance, we can say pretty certainly that the source is within DeMar's camp because Masai doesn't leak information, and teams have never leaked who they don't get meetings with. That means something.

Comment

• i only read this as a good way to break up. nothing to do with money. if he leaves, i don't think he will, it was because the team didn't want him. not he didn't want toronto. personally tired of bad break ups when a player exercises their free agency rights to leave.

mcgrady, bosh didn't disrespect us when they left and one of them already was and most likely the other will be booed forever in toronto. don't need that with demar. he played his heart out.

Comment

• It seems pretty obvious that DD really wants to come back to Toronto and expects to be treated fairly so he doesnt need to take other meetings. I have no doubts that he feels he has unfinished buisness here. He also seems so much more genuine than other NBA players. If this was LeBron, i could see him trying to control the media, but that doesn't seem like a Demar thing. Off court, great guy.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    It seems pretty obvious that DD really wants to come back to Toronto and expects to be treated fairly so he doesnt need to take other meetings. I have no doubts that he feels he has unfinished buisness here. He also seems so much more genuine than other NBA players. If this was LeBron, i could see him trying to control the media, but that doesn't seem like a Demar thing. Off court, great guy.
                    Agreed. Demar seems like a solid dude. Seems like he says what he means and means what he says.

It is hard to not read into this though. Could be a bunch of teams trying to get meetings with his agent and his agent rebuking them. Then leaked out.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      It's so funny that all the anti-DeMar posters immediately assume that DeMar is trying to squeeze the Raps for more money.
                      Whoa there with those broad strokes champ. I dislike Demar as much as nearly anyone and all I said was "respect". Looks more like 2 people may have said it.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                        Trust me, Masai is getting a meeting with KD. and when Demar resigns giving us a discount dont be surprised
                        You should be a source for the National Enquirer.

Comment

• Why are people surprised about this? Goes along with all he's been saying regarding his free agency.
                          Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sun Jun 26, 2016, 10:51 AM.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Why are people surprised about this? Goes along with all his been saying regarding his free agency.
                            It's not shocking. But it is a little surprising he didn't at least dip his feet in. Lowry did, even though he re-signed. DeMar has never been courted. He's a special player with the loyalty he's showing in this process. We'll have to see what he considers an acceptable deal, but for now the signs are all very positive.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Why are people surprised about this? Goes along with all his been saying regarding his free agency.
                              Basically everyone, even those who aren't fans of DeMar's individual game, has been saying all along they expect him to return.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                Basically everyone, even those who aren't fans of DeMar's individual game, has been saying all along they expect him to return.
                                If that was the case then people wouldn't be as surprised. People also wouldn't turn this into "its DeMar looking to squeeze more money out the Raptors." as some have.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X