Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Interesting idea... I'd be all for it.

Last year, i would've said yes in A HEARTBEAT. But the way DeRozan has played in these preseason games. I'm gonna wait and see. See if he can carry what he's doing now to the regular season. If he can, no i wouldn't do it.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I like Farried, but does he really fit a need with both Amir and Hansborough already here?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        Who said he isn't?
        Box scores and nugget blogs

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          I like Farried, but does he really fit a need with both Amir and Hansborough already here?
          Are you competing now or building towards 2016?

Faired is 23 on cheap rookie deal for 2 seasons whereas Amir and T are. 26 and 28

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

Faired is 23 on cheap rookie deal for 2 seasons whereas Amir and T are. 26 and 28
            Point taken.

Comment

• If DD can play like this consistently through the regular season can't we have a little fun and enjoy him doing it for this team before we trade him? Because he's playing like an all star. I know I know, "it's only pre season" but I'd rather see him play like this than not play like this in pre season.
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• For the record, don't forget that Denver has the rights to switch picks with the Knicks in 2016, when the latter might be rebuilding. So I might actually do that deal IF we get the right to switch picks with them that year, meaning we'd get to keep the highest of those two picks (Denver's or New York's).

Otherwise, I don't think I do that deal because: A) DD wants to be here; B) DD is killing it right now; C) We have two decent PFs right now, whereas the talent drop behind DD is HUGE right now.

Comment

And DeMar is 24. And his contract right now is looking like a bargain if he can continue to play like this consistently.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• LC009 wrote: View Post
                    For the record, don't forget that Denver has the rights to switch picks with the Knicks in 2016, when the latter might be rebuilding. So I might actually do that deal IF we get the right to switch picks with them that year, meaning we'd get to keep the highest of those two picks (Denver's or New York's).

Otherwise, I don't think I do that deal because: A) DD wants to be here; B) DD is killing it right now; C) We have two decent PFs right now, whereas the talent drop behind DD is HUGE right now.
                    That is a good point on the picks.

TRex wrote: View Post
                    And DeMar is 24. And his contract right now is looking like a bargain if he can continue to play like this consistently.
                    Ahhhh the forever elusive consistency. DeMar has gone through 10-15 games stretches in the league over the last 3 years where you swear we have a budding AllStar. I really am looking forward to seeing what he does. However, a lot of hype is being generated around him thus far with the usual "it is only preseason." This would be a text book example of why few people sell at the top. What happens if he is not consistent? What happens if his contract becomes an anchor? What happens if cheap, productive assets and significant financial flexibility could be swapped for DeRozan?

For me, assuming Leiweke is sincere when he says Raptors ownership is willing to go in to luxury tax, the goal is to acquire as many productive players on cheap rookie contracts so when it comes time to extend them, you own their Bird Rights and have no worries of salary cap/luxury tax. Hopefully while doing this you can at least add one significant free agent before extensions kick in. Again, as has been said numerous times, Raptors have very little means to significantly improve at this time.

Comment

• He's doing a lot more than just taking mid range jumpers, he's actually going to the rim and extending some of those long two's for three's.
                      In previous years he'd go through the 10-15 game stretches playing well only because his shots were falling, but right now it seems as if he's playing well because he's playing smarter.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                        He's doing a lot more than just taking mid range jumpers, he's actually going to the rim and extending some of those long two's for three's.
                        In previous years he'd go through the 10-15 game stretches playing well only because his shots were falling, but right now it seems as if he's playing well because he's playing smarter.
                        +1 all maturity. Finally thinking the game.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• If a guy who is a strong athletic freak can consistently score 18ppg by being inefficient and just taking long two's than there's no telling what he can do when being smart and playing efficiently.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                            If a guy who is a strong athletic freak can consistently score 18ppg by being inefficient and just taking long two's than there's no telling what he can do when being smart and playing efficiently.
                            He is certainly on the right track. But I will be interested to see what happens when the games matter. Last night for example, when they put MWP on him, he became a non factor. When Avery Bradley bodied him up and was pushing, he got flustered and gave him a shove off the ball and went to the perimeter.

As I said before, I hope he gets it whether he stays or goes. It is in raps best interests. But you can't take too much seriously right now.... As often as I forget that myself. Last year Raps were 6-1 in preseason .... Everything changes October 30

Comment

He is certainly on the right track. But I will be interested to see what happens when the games matter. Last night for example, when they put MWP on him, he became a non factor. When Avery Bradley bodied him up and was pushing, he got flustered and gave him a shove off the ball and went to the perimeter.

As I said before, I hope he gets it whether he stays or goes. It is in raps best interests. But you can't take too much seriously right now.... As often as I forget that myself. Last year Raps were 6-1 in preseason .... Everything changes October 30
                              Yep, but as of right now I think we can all agree that we like what we see out of him. It's better than what we've seen in previous years.

Comment

• I wish we hadn't wasted the amnesty on Kleiza. Could've used it on DeMar and his albatross contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X