No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats why you aim low and avoid disappointment. My most realistic expectation is us making it as the 7th or 8th seed in the playoffs, winning 1 or maybe 2 games before being eliminated.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Thats why you aim low and avoid disappointment. My most realistic expectation is us making it as the 7th or 8th seed in the playoffs, winning 1 or maybe 2 games before being eliminated.
      That seems to be a somewhat realistic goal for next season, and I'll be excited if it plays out that way, as long as it's accomplished by a group of players who show growth (compared to last year), and the potential to get better and compete for home court advantage for many years to come (unlike the team Colangelo put together in 2006-07, which had a very short shelf-life).

Comment

• Source

DeMar getting his daily intake of iron.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          Thats why you aim low and avoid disappointment. My most realistic expectation is us making it as the 7th or 8th seed in the playoffs, winning 1 or maybe 2 games before being eliminated.
          I'm pretty sure I could find the exact post where I said "aim low and avoid dissapointment." if i wasn't mobile.

I appreciate the shout out, as well.

Although, I think making the playoffs is a bit high. Setting yourself up for possible dissapointment. In contention for the playoffs, sure. But, don't make it a sure thing. It's not unreasonable, though.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• its not a sure thing but its highly likely. Not much competition for the 8th spot

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              You make a good point about age and a correlation with pessimism. Maybe someone can create a poll that captures both age, and level of optimism/pessimism surrounding the Raptors. It would be an interesting social experiment (assuming everyone answers honestly).
              "pessimism" or realism? That would be an interesting experiment.

ps...rose coloured glasses have dimmed somewhat for myself and the eyebrows tend to arch more often.

Comment

• This guy has heart so much love for basketball, he'll play all day all night even if there was no NBA. This is why DeRozan is the best.

Comment

• DeMar DeRozan on Fan590

http://www.fan590.com/media.jsp?cont...25_154428_8956

Comment

• Why so much Demar hate recently? He's a solid player. Is he a solid bench player or a starter? Who knows. He wasn't what ailed the Raps. Statistically, the player who had the most negative impact on our team who actually played a decent number of minutes was Ed Davis. By a landslide. Demar does his job (scoring points, drawing fouls, blocking a few shots). Just because it doesn't look like he's going to be a star doesn't mean we are better off if we trade him. It's almost like everyone who doubted Bargs moved from hating him to hating Demar when his game improved.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                      Why so much Demar hate recently? He's a solid player. Is he a solid bench player or a starter? Who knows. He wasn't what ailed the Raps. Statistically, the player who had the most negative impact on our team who actually played a decent number of minutes was Ed Davis. By a landslide. Demar does his job (scoring points, drawing fouls, blocking a few shots). Just because it doesn't look like he's going to be a star doesn't mean we are better off if we trade him. It's almost like everyone who doubted Bargs moved from hating him to hating Demar when his game improved.
                      No he's not. I can guarantee you that.

If you are talking pure statistics, the Raptors would be better off without DeMar. That said, I wouldn't want DeMar to be traded at this point unless we are getting back proven talent. I see DeMar as a solid piece moving forward, perhaps a good third option at best. If he had the same role Paul George has in Indy, then he wouldn't be as scrutinized.
                      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
                        No he's not. I can guarantee you that.

If you are talking pure statistics, the Raptors would be better off without DeMar. That said, I wouldn't want DeMar to be traded at this point unless we are getting back proven talent. I see DeMar as a solid piece moving forward, perhaps a good third option at best. If he had the same role Paul George has in Indy, then he wouldn't be as scrutinized.
                        Actually in our "featured lineups" (Wow that's a loose term with this team) Ed Davis' impact is awful. Someone already did the homework when they were comparing Jose and Bayless in another thread. I found the post pretty interesting so I double checked the stats...yeah by a mile. Actually when you sit down with the stats Demar is in the top 30 in 9 different statistic categories.

Is he a top 30 player HELL NO. But to say the Raps are better off without him is inaccurate. If we exclude Bargs, and his injury riddled season Demar is either the second or third best Raptor according to statistics. Jose is the best on the team by miles, while Bayless suprisingly ranks in the top 50 in multiple statistic categories. No one else is even close. Of course that's just numbers. Demar doesn't always pass the "eye test." But I stand by my last statement that I think Demar is a solid player. I'm cool with him not being a star, I still hope he remains a Rap.

Comment

Actually in our "featured lineups" (Wow that's a loose term with this team) Ed Davis' impact is awful. Someone already did the homework when they were comparing Jose and Bayless in another thread. I found the post pretty interesting so I double checked the stats...yeah by a mile. Actually when you sit down with the stats Demar is in the top 30 in 9 different statistic categories.

Is he a top 30 player HELL NO. But to say the Raps are better off without him is inaccurate. If we exclude Bargs, and his injury riddled season Demar is either the second or third best Raptor according to statistics. Jose is the best on the team by miles, while Bayless suprisingly ranks in the top 50 in multiple statistic categories. No one else is even close. Of course that's just numbers. Demar doesn't always pass the "eye test." But I stand by my last statement that I think Demar is a solid player. I'm cool with him not being a star, I still hope he remains a Rap.
                          Yeah, I was the one who "did the homework." I think you're misinterpreting the post. I said "Ed Davis had a significant negative impact in these featured line-ups." By that I mean, the sample of 8 line-ups I used for the post.

It was a sample of 8 line-ups from a total of 43+ line-ups the Raptors featured last season. I can show you in a couple of different ways that DeMar affected the team negatively, while Ed Davis did not.

If you are talking about impact on the team, DeMar's was negative. Having said that, I do believe it is the result of force feeding him last season, especially when teams are geared to stop him. I do agree that DeMar has the potential to be very effective given the right role. I just don't think it's fair for him to be given the "#1 option" at this point in his career.

I will make a post hopefully by the end of the day or tomorrow latest to prove my point.
                          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

+1
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• If DeRozan can still provide the points to win some games without Andrea Bargnani or a injury prone team that he had to put on his shoulders, then it just tells you that sky is the limit for this guy especially for a team that struggles on both offensive and defensive end. I hate how a lot of people are giving up on him already when he'll only be entering his 4th year of the NBA. Perfection can't be rushed and I strongly don't believe in statistics. When you go play pickup at your local court or rec centre, how many of you will bring in your "statistic" to win those pick up games. I know that when I play, I TRY to win to keep playing no matter how many times our team misses shots or fails on the defensive end. Remeber Game 1 this year, OKC vs Dallas when Durant had a horrible shooting percentage yet he shoots 1 shot when it needed to count most and they won the game. I dont think statistic had anything to do with that, and if they did, he should've missed! However statistic are still very importants to teams, I'm not saying its stupid or anything because it can help improve players in areas they struggle in and that can be benificial to the entire team. Statistics in sports is one thing and then there is passion, effort and heart, anyways.....I believe in him because he always gives it 100, and I would rather have a player that doesn't give up than one that would just stand there and whines (Hedo, Bosh, Vince, Dwight Howard and Alonzo for not coming to toronto)blah blah u know what I'm saying. If he gets traded, I'll be so mad but I'll still show my support to the Raptors always.

BTW I hope this opportunity to participate with the USA olympic team will help his game in the areas where STATISTIC say he lacks in. THANKS GUYS U THE BEST, BEST FORUM EVER!!
                              Last edited by Demar_8756; Tue May 29, 2012, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• I like this dude. I think we can be good friends

Comment

Working...
                                X