Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley wrote: View Post
    To be fair, I've heard a lot of people say that we won't get far without a true superstar. That DD can never be the best player on a contending team, etc.

I don't think it's a completely unprovoked post. It's just addressing issues that have been brought up before.
    Fair enough, but I feel like that's what drags down so much of the discussion on here though.

Posters can't let go of what people said months ago, or they take the comments of one or two people and blanket everyone who weighs in on the topic and doesn't agree with them as having the EXACT same opinion. People stop reading what posters are actually writing because they're so desperate to show that they are "right" from a debate that started in January.

Read back through this thread and you'll see I've defended DD against guys like OldSchool and McHappy plenty of times. It's just in this case, I thought imanshumpert was taking a loose connection and running way too far with it… so I said so.
    Last edited by Fully; Fri Jul 25, 2014, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Anybody have statistical comparison of JV and Wilt or Kareem? Not in their prime but when they couldn't do shit.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Anybody have statistical comparison of JV and Wilt or Kareem? Not in their prime but when they couldn't do shit.
        No, but JV and Bill Russell did have eerily similar per 36 minute scoring numbers during their second seasons however. And JV did it on 4 less shots per game!

Comment

Anybody have statistical comparison of JV and Wilt or Kareem? Not in their prime but when they couldn't do shit.
          There's nothing to compare then... Wilt and Kareem started rookie seasons in their prime

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
            No, but JV and Bill Russell did have eerily similar per 36 minute scoring numbers during their second seasons however. And JV did it on 4 less shots per game!
            Rings here we come. Dynasty born.

Comment

Rings here we come. Dynasty born.
              Hear me out… I'm not saying that JV and Russell are the same player. All I'm saying is that it's obvious that a team with JV as the starting centre is capable of winning 11 of the next 13 NBA championships.

Comment

Hear me out… I'm not saying that JV and Russell are the same player. All I'm saying is that it's obvious that a team with JV as the starting centre is capable of winning 11 of the next 13 NBA championships.
                No need to explain. 1+1=2 to anybody with half a brain.

Comment

• Can you guys FUCK OFF? I admitted that I made a mistake with that comparison, stop being jackasses about it.

Comment

• Its Sunny outside and I don't want Skin Cancer. Prefer to snark indoors.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                      The problem with that logic is that you assume that the reason DeMar's efficiency doesn't improve with extra usage is that he's just different than the rest of the league. What if the reason that his efficiency has stayed the same with increased usage last year is because he actually improved his efficiency overall?

Therefore, if/when his usage goes back down again, his efficiency will go back up with it.

I'm not saying it's a definite or that you're wrong, but it is possible.
                      The thing is, DD has not shown to ever be efficient at any usage level...so I think my assumption of him not improving his efficiency in a lesser role is a valid one.

However, hard to prove that he will or will not be more efficient less usage like you said.

But, Even if he improves his efficiency above his current level...will he be as efficient compared to many of the second fiddle type guys? He would still essentially be behind the 8 ball compared to the league

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                        Can you guys FUCK OFF? I admitted that I made a mistake with that comparison, stop being jackasses about it.
                        Haha relax. We're just having a little fun. Don't take this stuff so seriously.

Comment

• But in all seriousness, while you're here can I share my Charles Barkley = Chuck Hayes theory with you?

Comment

• fully wrote: View Post
                            but in all seriousness, while you're here can i share my charles barkley = chuck hayes theory with you?
                            lol!
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              The thing is, DD has not shown to ever be efficient at any usage level...so I think my assumption of him not improving his efficiency in a lesser role is a valid one.

However, hard to prove that he will or will not be more efficient less usage like you said.

But, Even if he improves his efficiency above his current level...will he be as efficient compared to many of the second fiddle type guys? He would still essentially be behind the 8 ball compared to the league
                              Raising his TS% by 2% would make him plenty efficient. League average is about 54 TS%. Putting up 20+ppg at above league average efficiency is generally (not always) a mark of a very good scorer. DeRozan at this point is what one would call a volume scorer (as opposed to a chucker like Waiters). He's around league average in efficiency while being able to assume a large portion of the offense.

Comment

But in all seriousness, while you're here can I share my Charles Barkley = Chuck Hayes theory with you?
                                The funny thing is, Colangelo would have been all over that comparison.
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X