Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
    You are assuming a linear relationship between usage and production. It is obviously nonlinear, meaning efficiencies change as usage change.
    not in Demars case. His efficiencies have always maintained, I have preached in the past that that is the best thing about demar, give him the ball every single offensive possession and his efficiency will remain constant.

his ts%, trb%, tov%, winshare%(even with last years fluke), even his offensive and defensive ratings have remained relatively constant

Only real changes to note is his improvement in ast%(which was abysmal to start out) and Usage.

Comment

• Bear wrote: View Post
      not in Demars case. His efficiencies have always maintained, I have preached in the past that that is the best thing about demar, give him the ball every single offensive possession and his efficiency will remain constant.

his ts%, trb%, tov%, winshare%(even with last years fluke), even his offensive and defensive ratings have remained relatively constant

Only real changes to note is his improvement in ast%(which was abysmal to start out) and Usage.
      Right, but as you noted, his usage has changed as well. If his usage increases and his efficiencies stay the same, that represents an increase in skill. You said along the lines of: 'bring his usage down, he will go back to his numbers from when he was younger.' the truth though is, his skill is better now than before. This means that the same usage rate between now and before will represent better efficiencies (and production) now than before.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Demar is inefficient so that his teammates don't have to be. A proper system would see that balance out with the front court

Comment

• I think another thing that needs to be clarified in all of this, is that majority of those "defending" Demar are not actually against trading him. Its the notion that he MUST be traded that I believe is up for debate... just thought that needed highlighting.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
            Ross...... Yes, your scope of thought is very, very limited indeed. Who's had a bigger impact in terms of leadership/wins? lol (I can't keep a straight face). Let me guess Demar is in his way? Is that why you hate him?

Who's better defensively? DanH says Demar is better overall defensively. Some say Demar is actually a good defender who can guard his position and some SF.

Who's the better offensive player?

Would you rather be top 10 at getting to the free throw line or top 100 in shooting 3's?

Who didn't show up in the playoffs while being the 5th option?

No one knows how much Demar will cost us next year.

Everyone agrees that Demar's a good player (but you, Bear and Raptors999). Articles about him getting MAX money says something. Even if he may not deserve it to some posters (even myself).

Trolling at its finest. There may be others I missed.

I agree that championships matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            So we should keep DeMar because Ross isn't as good?

That is a very bad argument/counter for not trading DD. We can always improve the talent from Ross.

Joey wrote: View Post
            Why does it matter who didn't try out? There are several players who did, so I guess you can just extrapolate who didn't answer the call for Team USA?

Regardless, its this exact line of thinking that I don't understand; no one is pointing to the Team USA selection and saying "See! Demar is as good as Anthony Davis!" Far from it actually.
            But simply, that to be chosen from amongst those that did try out, to represent his country, is an admirable accomplishment and one people shouldn't poo-poo all over just because they don't like the guy or his game.

As one example, Demar was chosen over Gordon Hayward for the team; a player many around here would say is emphatically better than Demar in all facets of the game ... and yet, for some reason, Coach K and the minds at Team USA, decided to pick DD. Once again, no one uses this fact to say "Demar is obviously better than Hayward", but to simply counter the arguments of people saying Demar is a "net-negative", "Dion Waiters is better than him", "on par with Nick Young" etc.

The truth, as always, is somewhere in the middle.
            Glad I've left my mark on RR lol

But it also works the other way. He also isn't a "Top 10 SG" etc etc like some say

Joey wrote: View Post
            I think another thing that needs to be clarified in all of this, is that majority of those "defending" Demar are not actually against trading him. Its the notion that he MUST be traded that I believe is up for debate... just thought that needed highlighting.
            He MUST be traded otherwise he becomes Rudy Gay ala Memphis with an oversized contract for production. Effectively handicapping the team we can put around him

Comment

• I return to you now, at the changing of the tide

(not the best mix ever but much credit to The Crossover)
              Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Wed Jul 1, 2015, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                I think another thing that needs to be clarified in all of this, is that majority of those "defending" Demar are not actually against trading him. Its the notion that he MUST be traded that I believe is up for debate... just thought that needed highlighting.
                This is exactly what I've been saying...

If DeMar got traded tomorrow for an actually good return I would not have a problem with that. It's this idea that he needs to be shipped out for the likes of Noah Vonleh or the 10th pick in the draft. Or basically whatever you can get.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

We all know. You post the same thing about 10 times in the last 2 days. Move on.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    We all know. You post the same thing about 10 times in the last 2 days. Move on.
                    I really really don't wanna trade DD for Vonleh though.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      That is a hilarious article

"Year over year, as the stats demonstrate, DeRozan has improved virtually every aspect of his game"

*Several RR members heads explode
                      We don't have to like it and if the man is right, he is a max player, then that should bring in more value by way of trade. They really need to move this guy. He's worth more to the team in a trade than in a soul crushing max money relationship.

Unless he suddenly becomes a guy capable of being a floor general, he's no max guy.

Unless he becomes a lock down defender that every wing in the league dreads playing, he's not a max guy.

Or here's a fun one, unless he turns into Carter or T-Mac in their prime, he's not a max money guy.

That's my opinion anyway.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Looking at the spending this summer, when there really aren't that many teams with cap room, makes me fairly certain that DeMar will be getting his max money or close to it next summer.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                          I really really don't wanna trade DD for Vonleh though.
                          And Vonleh was traded to Portland. So stop harping on about it. Move on with your life.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

DanH wrote: View Post
                            Looking at the spending this summer, when there really aren't that many teams with cap room, makes me fairly certain that DeMar will be getting his max money or close to it next summer.
                            At the end of the summer, it should be fairly apparent what the market will be.

$7.5M for Aminu is a bit of a surprise, especially so early into FA.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Looking at the spending this summer, when there really aren't that many teams with cap room, makes me fairly certain that DeMar will be getting his max money or close to it next summer.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Meh we can predict and project a max all we want and pray that he's gonna get traded... but let's be real. It's the same song and dance every year with Raps fans wanting DD gone and it never happens lol. Even last year when he was playing at an all-star level (to the point where you could've legitimately argued he was the #2 SG in the east after Wade) people wanted him shipped after the season for a draft pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X