X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Tweet from the day Bosh left...

Who knows, maybe he's finally got us...
    Time to do this DD. He's going to have to play great for us to make noise in the playoffs.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I think it was CalgaryRapsFan that was brave enough to say it out loud, but I was definitely thinking this myself ... I'd like to see Demar get some minutes at PG and let him create as he has been with Lowry out. And even now with Lowry not being 100%.. or even 75%.

Comment

I think it was CalgaryRapsFan that was brave enough to say it out loud, but I was definitely thinking this myself ... I'd like to see Demar get some minutes at PG and let him create as he has been with Lowry out. And even now with Lowry not being 100%.. or even 75%.
        That'd be okay maybe for next game only. But I wouldn't want to do any experimenting in the playoffs.
        OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
          That'd be okay maybe for next game only. But I wouldn't want to do any experimenting in the playoffs.
          Well he's been doing it now for however long Lowry was out. And only in short bursts. But I think its workable. Not like Caseys got anything better. Worse comes to worse, we'll pass it Lou and dribble it for 20 seconds before shooting a leaner.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• joey wrote: View Post
              well he's been doing it now for however long lowry was out. And only in short bursts. But i think its workable. Not like caseys got anything better. Worse comes to worse, we'll pass it lou and dribble it for 20 seconds and then shoots a contested 3 fading to his left.
              ftfy.
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...rs-into-battle

“It’s not about DeMar, it’s about us winning,” Casey said. “It’s from his heart. A lot of guys say that, but it’s not genuine. Whereas DeMar has been here when we were playing for lottery balls.”

“It means a lot to me because I always took pride in everything I did here,” DeRozan said. “Working, continuing to get better year in and year out, not just for myself but just for this organization and this city to be in the position that we are in now. To come from where I came from, through the tough times, and to have two division titles, making the playoffs, breaking so many team records, that means a lot to me. And I just want, I want more to come with that. That’s why I’m so passionate.”

Great article.
                Fantastic article.

Comment

I think it was CalgaryRapsFan that was brave enough to say it out loud, but I was definitely thinking this myself ... I'd like to see Demar get some minutes at PG and let him create as he has been with Lowry out. And even now with Lowry not being 100%.. or even 75%.
                  Not for the playoffs, but perhaps next year.

If he was played at the SG spot with another PG (GV/Lou) playing more off the ball, that would be ok.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...-demar-derozan

Pretty good interview with Demar on Espn.com. Most of it is about him growing up, why he picked Compton High, etc.,

ESPN: Complete this sentence, "The Raptors will make a deep playoff run if . . . "

DeRozan: If we stay disciplined. All we have to do is stay disciplined on every single night, at every single shootaround. As soon as the playoffs start, as long as we stay disciplined, we can go as far as we want to go.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                      http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...-demar-derozan

Pretty good interview with Demar on Espn.com. Most of it is about him growing up, why he picked Compton High, etc.,
                      Damn, first question, "What's your name mean"..
                      I was named after my mom's brother -- my uncle -- he actually got killed. My mom [Diane] didn't have me until she was about 35. She couldn't have kids. She said she always tried and the doctor told her she couldn't have kids. It was just like a miracle, but every Mother's Day my uncle used to give my mom a Mother's Day card because he believed she was gonna have a kid. She said she named me after him because he was the only person that got her a Mother's Day card every Mother's Day even when she was told she couldn't have a kid, and I was my mom's only child.
                      So its going to be of THOSE articles .. alright .. I'll get out the onions and cutting board.
                      Last edited by Joey; Thu Apr 16, 2015, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Some great bits in that interview -

ESPN: What's the biggest misconception about your game?

DeRozan: That I don't shoot 3s. That I can't shoot 3s. People always say I can't shoot 3s or I don't defend. I don't shoot 3s because I choose not to shoot 3s. If I shoot them, I know I can make them. I feel like every time I get the ball I can get to the rim or I can get fouled. That's just what my mindset is. I got the ball and I feel like nobody can guard me or sometimes it's not even for me to score, it's to get my teammates involved.

I always take pride in my defense, especially in the fourth quarter, to try and guard the best player on the opposing team every night.
                        ESPN: Do you aspire to be a max player?

DeRozan: I think the most important thing to me is putting everything together, and that will come. And that's one thing I've always believed in. I've seen so many people think they have to get the money to be the player. I feel like if you're the player you'll get everything: the money, the All-Star appearances, the playoff appearances, the conference finals, the NBA Finals. That's where it starts, and everything else will come with it.
                        Love this guy.

Comment

Some great bits in that interview -

Love this guy.
                          I'm with you. He's so mature for his age and he makes it so hard not to root for him. Always says the right thing and it always comes across very genuine. His parents did an amazing job.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Some great bits in that interview -

Love this guy.
                            Actually hate that tidbit on 3 pters.

He has never shown that he can make them at a high level.

They are better shots than pull up long 2s, because while he wants to get to the basket, he still settles for far too many bad jumpers.

It's great that his mentality is aggressive, but he could be an even better player if he learned when not to take that long pull up, and if he could play a bit better as a shooter off the ball.

He should want to embrace the 3 pter. It doesn't have to be the major part of his game. That should stay driving/slashing. But again, hard to think he wouldn't be a better player with the jumper scale tilted more to 3s than long 2s. It would even make it easier for him to drive because guys would have to close out harder on him. And his coaches should've been telling him that as soon as his jumper started improving. Maybe they have been, because his 3 pter is a lot less ugly than it used to be....but the results just aren't there in effectiveness.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              He should want to embrace the 3 pter. It doesn't have to be the major part of his game. That should stay driving/slashing. But again, hard to think he wouldn't be a better player with the jumper scale tilted more to 3s than long 2s. It would even make it easier for him to drive because guys would have to close out harder on him. And his coaches should've been telling him that as soon as his jumper started improving. Maybe they have been, because his 3 pter is a lot less ugly than it used to be....but the results just aren't there in effectiveness.
                              Rip Hamilton in his prime shot less than 2 threes a game. This is what DeMar needs to do. Make himself good from out there, take a couple a game, but still focus on his mid range game as a primary weapon.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                                Rip Hamilton in his prime shot less than 2 threes a game. This is what DeMar needs to do. Make himself good from out there, take a couple a game, but still focus on his mid range game as a primary weapon.
                                Rip Hamilton was used almost entirely as an off-ball catch and shoot player. While the comparison has been made a lot, they're really completely different types of players and it stopped being a good comparison after his 3rd season (if it ever really was). Rip was Reggie/Ray but without their range.

That's not DeMar's game. And it shouldn't be. He needs the ball in his hands a lot more, and has proven he can create for others as well. A 3 pter would really open things up for him and the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X