No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Abbas what happened to 5 years 119M deal??

Comment

• do I need to shut this thread down again lol
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Pretty sure I heard from a very reliable source that he's locked in at 119 or 122, so I guess it's all moot anyway.
        Lol. With all sincerity DanH credibility is important. To me you are the most credible poster on this forum. Abbas lost significant credibility with his recent claims. That said MLSE/Raptors staff do visit this site--it just would be interesting to know wiphich posters work for MLSE. Many of us thought Matt52 may have been Matt Devlin. From his on air comments it's obvious Paul Jones is well aware of sentiment expressed on this site.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
          Ladies and gents, welcome to 5 years of mediocrity

What a stupid, stupid decision by Ujiri
          Are Eastern Conference Finals appearances considered Mediocrity? I suppose I'd be ok with that.

Comment

Ladies and gents, welcome to 5 years of mediocrity

What a stupid, stupid decision by Ujiri
            To me, this signing was all about continuity and signing an "all star free agent," which I don't really like at all. Think, Raps gave a near max contract to a player that nearly everyone agrees should be a 2-3 option. We better hope for internal development, although even still im skeptical younger guys get more opportunities. Funny how so many people shit on this guy all year long, and then are happy to have him back, its not like his game is radically different, it just becomes harder to put the pieces around him to hide his deficiencies over the next few years.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
              If it can't be proven yet then why the hell are you already arguing that this will lead to 5 years of mediocrity and is a stupid decision.
              Why the hell is everyone else arguing that this is a great decision? Hmm

If you're trying to be an asshat, you have succeeded

Comment

• I'm still cautiously optimistic. The salary cap business is crazy if you guys really think about it. DeMar DeRozan is a highly flawed player and not a player that you should ever build your team around, and yet he's just been given a $139M contract. I mean, Lebron earned $149M in his first 12 seasons total, and DeMar will have made $184M after his 12th season. Just think about that for a second.. let it sink in. We are in crazy world.

I think the perspective that one must take to allow oneself to accept this type of deal is the realization that players who are actually deserving (players better than DeRozan) can only make the MAX but deserve a lot more. I think that's what it really comes down to -- if there were no max contracts or no salary cap in the NBA, someone like DeRozan would make $28m per year but someone like Lebron would be earning $90m per year.

Along with this perspective, however, one must also accept that because there is a cap, we will not be heading to the NBA Finals over the next 5 years, because that is way too much money devoted to such an average player.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

Why the hell is everyone else arguing that this is a great decision? Hmm

If you're trying to be an asshat, you have succeeded
                  Lets not resort to name-calling.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    To me, this signing was all about continuity and signing an "all star free agent," which I don't really like at all. Think, Raps gave a near max contract to a player that nearly everyone agrees should be a 2-3 option. We better hope for internal development, although even still im skeptical younger guys get more opportunities. Funny how so many people shit on this guy all year long, and then are happy to have him back, its not like his game is radically different, it just becomes harder to put the pieces around him to hide his deficiencies over the next few years.
                    If you think max contracts are only for #1 options, you haven't been paying attention.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Everyone needs to think in % of cap instead of dollars, the cap just jumped a shit ton. DD for less than max is pretty damn great in my book. Him having no player option makes its even better. He's a very good player entering his prime and a very good asset, we'd have a dozen suitors if we wanted to trade him. Atlanta is about to lose Horford for nothing and replace him with Howard. I'm really glad we're not stuck doing something similar.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        If you think max contracts are only for #1 options, you haven't been paying attention.
                        Lol, maybe i should rephrase to above 25% of the cap for the next five years. Very few are getting that much of a percentage. We are lucky enough to have a few bargains long term, but still the Raps have been so successful because of good bench play with PPat, Cojo, Powell (for stretches), Biz etc. Hard to convince me the team will get significantly better when DD is getting 25% of the cap.

I am also verrry not convinced that DD is a good playoff option. DDs strength has always been his ft rate, but in a seven game series, that doesnt work.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                          Lol, maybe i should rephrase to above 25% of the cap for the next five years. Very few are getting that much of a percentage. We are lucky enough to have a few bargains long term, but still the Raps have been so successful because of good bench play with PPat, Cojo, Powell (for stretches), Biz etc. Hard to convince me the team will get significantly better when DD is getting 25% of the cap.

I am also verrry not convinced that DD is a good playoff option. DDs strength has always been his ft rate, but in a seven game series, that doesnt work.
                          Its 24% of the cap max in year 2 (likely less), and I highly doubt the cap ever ends up going back down. The cap has come in well over the estimates two seasons in a row, and the NBA is going to negotiate a fucking monster new TV deal. This NBA Finals had the best ratings since Jordan's Bulls.

Comment

• On the backs of Lebron and Curry, fuckers like Conley are getting paid -- gotta love democracy!

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              Its 24% of the cap max in year 2 (likely less), and I highly doubt the cap ever ends up going back down. The cap has come in well over the estimates two seasons in a row, and the NBA is going to negotiate a fucking monster new TV deal. This NBA Finals had the best ratings since Jordan's Bulls.
                              The NBA just did negotiate a new TV deal. That's why the cap is going up. They are locked in for 9 years. The cap will certainly come down at least a bit two summers from now, assuming next summer we even see the inflated cap (CBA negotiations could kill that mechanism).
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Derozan should donate half of his earnings to his City of Compton, maybe add more tanks, armored personnel and barricades.

I say this because he does not deserve half of the 29 million per season.

One dimensional flawed player.

Masai should be ashamed of himself or maybe he is just trying to fast track his firing. He has more important humanitarian stuff to do outside of basketball.

Comment

Working...
                                X