Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    ....If we get bounced in the 1st round again (with home court advantage again), then our greatest fears will be realized. We'll be the new Hawks/Nuggets.
    And if a meteor strikes the team charter on a return flight to TO, then they will all be dead and the organization will have to start over.

In the meantime, leaving out all the stuff that no one can do anything about, and all the things that might/could/will maybe happen, we can truthfully say that NO TEAM IN RAPTORS HISTORY has had a start like this, and all after a Raptors best "games won in a season" finish to last year. AND they have added two valuable new pieces to what was already a top ten league wide deep bench.

Once the playoffs are over, we will all know more about how far they are going to go. I just question the usefulness of wondering, after every win, whether they really are a good team or not, and how long the winning will continue, and how far will they get in the playoffs.

DeMar is a fine player who has shown improvement even in this short start to the season. Stepping up his D on James was fantastic. And we know he sets the bar higher for himself on a regular basis.

We know he has the respect of his team mates and is a good leader and example for the younger players. I predict his numbers at the end of the season will be better than last season in almost every category. And I expect the same for TRoss and JV, and maybe even Lowry. Lou may wind up battling JJ for 6th man of the year.

DeMar and the Raptors are Good To Go.

Comment

• Ok I'm not asking this question because I absolutely think this is a good idea or that we should do it, it's only for discussion purpose.

Would you be willing to trade DeMar (perhaps with Amir) to get a stud at the PF spot?

-More balanced roster
      -JJ starting at the 3 (I suppose, doesn't mean he will depending on the trade or your lineups)
      -Ross at the 2, making him more of a scoring threat (see JJ)
      -Dynamic duo upfront with JV

Again I suggest this only on discussion purpose because I'm not a DeMar hater at all and he's a big part of this culture and this winning team.

So yeah, discuss!!!
      Last edited by charlesnba23; Wed Dec 3, 2014, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• Let's say... DeMar and Amir for Horford and Korver...

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          Let's say... DeMar and Amir for Horford and Korver...
          But the chemistry...
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
            Let's say... DeMar and Amir for Horford and Korver...
            No man chemistry issues and also Demar is less injury pronee (even tho he's injured rn) and he's younger and better
            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Hell no we got a good thing going right now, for the first time in like, 13 fucking years! There no reason to break apart the core of the team unless it is absolutely necessary, like if one player is playing horribly, being a black hole, being a bad presence and the team is losing for it... basically, if they're being Rudy at the start of last season.
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Read an interesting piece on how the Raptors are likely to do with DeMar sidelined, written from an analytics perspective.

I havesn't seen this site before and was intrigued by it. Not sure what it all means, but it is another perspective on the team's situation.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Very good news

I think he'll be back within 2 weeks
                    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Really hope DD's back by the 19th. My first time seeing this team live in years so I really want to see some DD magic.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        Read an interesting piece on how the Raptors are likely to do with DeMar sidelined, written from an analytics perspective.

I havesn't seen this site before and was intrigued by it. Not sure what it all means, but it is another perspective on the team's situation.
                        A bit of a narrow lens in that post, and not exactly that thorough. Consider net turnovers.... DeMar does have more turnovers than those he is compared to.... But his usage is much, much higher. Comparing by turnover %, only TRoss is significantly better, and that's because TRoss barely drives or dishes.

Theoretically via analytics we should be better without DeMar, since his efficiency has been so bad... But he is often an escape valve too, and he does soak up a lot of possessions. I thought we would be mostly fine but we looked like hot garbage against the Cavs.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          A bit of a narrow lens in that post, and not exactly that thorough. Consider net turnovers.... DeMar does have more turnovers than those he is compared to.... But his usage is much, much higher. Comparing by turnover %, only TRoss is significantly better, and that's because TRoss barely drives or dishes.

Theoretically via analytics we should be better without DeMar, since his efficiency has been so bad... But he is often an escape valve too, and he does soak up a lot of possessions. I thought we would be mostly fine but we looked like hot garbage against the Cavs.
                          I actually thought we were cold garbage because nobody outside of Amir or Kyle could get it going.
                          OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                            I actually thought we were cold garbage because nobody outside of Amir or Kyle could get it going.
                            I laughed. I think I'm going to hell.

Comment

• Where is DeMar? He's been MIA since the injury. Is he traveling with the team? Haven't seen him on the bench at home either.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Where is DeMar? He's been MIA since the injury. Is he traveling with the team? Haven't seen him on the bench at home either.
                                Broken nutsack. I wouldn't be on the bench either.

Comment

Working...
                                X