Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did Demar do wrong?

Bargs was shooting terribly so they ran a few plays for DD at the end.

The first one it got swung to him in the corner and he took it to the rim like no one else on the team could. Got fouled and sunk both free throws.

Next time up the court he drove again but got stripped from behind on a good play. On the out of bounds play, I think the first option was to lob it up to Demar, but he was covered. AJ was the next option, he got it, but could not convert in the paint (probably got fouled).

Comment

• IF...Demar works on his strength so that a) when he attacks the rim players don't strip the ball from him seemingly at will, and b) he has the confidence to GO UP STRONG and flush it instead of chickening out most times and holding onto the ball until he's falling down, and IF...he gets rid of that horrible habit of his to hoist the ball from behind his neck on his jumpers, and IF...he gets appreciably better at dribbling the ball, and IF...he learns how to, um, well, play defence, then...he will be an excellent player.

Comment

• those are a lot of "ifs"...i like the kid a lot I just don't think he will ever become the all-star or even solid starting 2 that people are suggesting he will become...I will however give him one more season to make me a believer!

Comment

• I coutinue to worry tha Demar will never live up to expectations. In the first quarter he had at least two situations where Marco B was guarding him on the perimeter and the entire side was open - it was like the rest of the team was waiting for him to drive past Marco.... which he should have done... or at least tried. Instead - no pace fake, no jab stab - just held the ball for 2 or 3 seconds and then passed it into the corner... what!!?!

The rest of the game he was a F*&^ing black hole. If I were one of his teammates I would have punched him in the face by half time - so you don't want to play defense or rebound - you throw up forced shots - and you won't get me the ball when I'm open - PERFECT!

May have been his worst game in the last two months.

Comment

• I thought Demar was garbage in the preseaon aka D-league talent but he has proven me wrong. While he has been playing well, he will not live up to the hype. Part of his success is that he is getting minutes... most of any Raptor for the season.

He has most impressed me with his jumpshot. Really improved. I still think he is very one dimensional and gets bailed out by questionable foul calls. Unless he develops more offensive weapons I think people will learn how to defend him.

The really bad part about Derozan is his defense. Dude is athletic like hell but cannot guard anyone. Yes he is inexperience but that's no excuse. Also don't like how he plays in streaks. Never consistent the whole gamne. I think he will be an okay back-up to spark a team offensively down the road. Def not an all-star or the next Tracy McGrady.

Comment

• 666 wrote: View Post
              The really bad part about Derozan is his defense. Dude is athletic like hell but cannot guard anyone. Yes he is inexperience but that's no excuse. Also don't like how he plays in streaks. Never consistent the whole gamne. I think he will be an okay back-up to spark a team offensively down the road. Def not an all-star or the next Tracy McGrady.
              I don't disagree, but I challenge you to find ONE 21 year old shooting guard that is a SERIOUS defender in this league.
              It comes with learning how the pros handle the ball and beat their man off the dribble. Is completely different than NCAA ball, for the most the part.
              And its certainly much more different than Ed Davis being a 21 year old Big Man defender. Much different skill set.
              He won't be the next anything. He'll be the first Demar. And I'm excited to see what that is.
              Last edited by Joey; Wed Jan 19, 2011, 12:15 AM.

Comment

• Dunkin DeMar

Last year, DeMar was robbed. This year, Blake Griffin is everybody’s boy, but just mayyybe ... it’ll be our boy’s turn. Here are a few minutes of nothin-but-dunks that DD is watching for a bit of inspiration. And hey ... up until last year’s robbery, DeMar DeRozan had never lost a dunk contest. Go get it Double D!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nakL2...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• Crazy video but how do you know he's watching this to get inspired? Did he mention it?
                  The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                  Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                  www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                  http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

• GameBreaker wrote: View Post
                    Crazy video but how do you know he's watching this to get inspired? Did he mention it?
                    Saw it on his twitter.

http://twitter.com/DEMAR_DEROZAN

Comment

• NBA.com Derozan Article.

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1

It's a very good article, it shows how humble and hard-working a player like Derozan is, which is what we need on our team.

Comment

• Just read the article, very well done. In addition, Davis holds his 7th place rung on the rookie ladder.

Comment

• in the words of fabolous "NICE"
                          We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• that article's good

Comment

• quality, hard working dude. wants to get better and has. great raptor.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Remember this one? This would be ridic in the Dunk Comp, but the fact that it was in game is even better.

Comment

Working...
                                X