Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Good read about DeRozan and his Compton roots.

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• A couple of better games from DeRozan. Better efficiency, passing more and getting to the line in Game 2. Need some other guys to show up. Wonder what happened to Lowry? The team needs a sport psychologist or a hypnotherapist or something.

Comment

• Couldn't it just be that this team overachieved during the regular season?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          Couldn't it just be that this team overachieved during the regular season?
          I don't think that's necessarily true. I think the Cavs are just really, really good. They are a team constructed perfectly for the Playoffs. Outside of LBJ, Kyrie, and Love, every guy on the team plays really good defense (J.R. Smith included this year, surprisingly), and is able to hit the three. This might be the best team Lebron has ever taken to the postseason. I wouldn't read into the bullshit that the Raptors don't deserve to be in the ECF. We won 56 games during the season and fought through two 7 games series to get here. I just think the Cavs are on a completely different level. In order to compete I think we would literally have to have KD, Westbrook, or Steph on our team. I can't think of anyone else in the league who affects the game as much as those guys.

Comment

• Didn't mean to imply that the Raptors don't deserve to be in the ECF.

What I mean is that we played well all season and won all of those games with no star players like you have on all of the remaining playoff teams. Like the star players on the other 3 teams are all in the top 5 players in the NBA. Our best player, Lowry probably is around the top 20 players maybe? So to have won 56 regular season games and to have grinded our way into the ECF is really quite the achievement and maybe an over achievement somewhat.

Comment

Didn't mean to imply that the Raptors don't deserve to be in the ECF.

What I mean is that we played well all season and won all of those games with no star players like you have on all of the remaining playoff teams. Like the star players on the other 3 teams are all in the top 5 players in the NBA. Our best player, Lowry probably is around the top 20 players maybe? So to have won 56 regular season games and to have grinded our way into the ECF is really quite the achievement and maybe an over achievement somewhat.
              I think that sort of excuse is taking the easy way out. The bottom line is that Lowry has played like shit against Cleveland so far (1/15 3pt, more turnovers than assists) and the entire team has missed a ton of wide open shots, especially from beyond the arc.

If the Raptors had any sort of consistent offense, they could very well have stolen a game in Cleveland.

At least DeRozan has had a better series so far (how could he not, after those first two rounds), but it's the offense that's letting this team down. Many people predicted the ISO approach would fail in the playoffs, but against Cleveland the Raptors' shooting woes go well beyond that (actually getting decent ball movement).

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                I think that sort of excuse is taking the easy way out. The bottom line is that Lowry has played like shit against Cleveland so far (1/15 3pt, more turnovers than assists) and the entire team has missed a ton of wide open shots, especially from beyond the arc.

If the Raptors had any sort of consistent offense, they could very well have stolen a game in Cleveland.

At least DeRozan has had a better series so far (how could he not, after those first two rounds), but it's the offense that's letting this team down. Many people predicted the ISO approach would fail in the playoffs, but against Cleveland the Raptors' shooting woes go well beyond that (actually getting decent ball movement).
                If you're going to beat the Lebrons you need someone who can neutralize Lebron. You can't stop him but you need a guy who can throw up 30 if Lebron does, etc. When the Raps best player is a complete no-show, everything else is immaterial. The same story is playing out in the other conference final where Westbrook needs to cancel out Curry for the Thunder to have a chance. If you can't get by that hurdle, you lose. Full stop.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

Getting outclassed by a more talented team is an excuse? Lowry might be playing like crap, but unlike in the first two rounds the role players have been ineffective as well. Cleveland is playing some Spurs basketball with the movement and their defence has been smothering the Raptors. I think it has way more to do with them playing good D, than us playing poorly on offence.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    If you're going to beat the Lebrons you need someone who can neutralize Lebron. You can't stop him but you need a guy who can throw up 30 if Lebron does, etc. When the Raps best player is a complete no-show, everything else is immaterial. The same story is playing out in the other conference final where Westbrook needs to cancel out Curry for the Thunder to have a chance. If you can't get by that hurdle, you lose. Full stop.
                    Agreed. But the offense is not the (main) problem; they can't stop Cleveland from scoring, which is in turn leading to all sorts of offensive issues. I dislike Lebron intensely, but he's virtually unstoppable right now, and the role players on Cleveland are all also playing lights-out at the same time, which wasn't the case throughout the regular season. No excuses for Toronto's lack of execution, but not even GSW could beat the Cavs the way they're playing right now, and Toronto as a team is playing much worse than they have all season and arguably even in the Pacers and Heat series.
                    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                      Agreed. But the offense is not the (main) problem; they can't stop Cleveland from scoring, which is in turn leading to all sorts of offensive issues. I dislike Lebron intensely, but he's virtually unstoppable right now, and the role players on Cleveland are all also playing lights-out at the same time, which wasn't the case throughout the regular season. No excuses for Toronto's lack of execution, but not even GSW could beat the Cavs the way they're playing right now, and Toronto as a team is playing much worse than they have all season and arguably even in the Pacers and Heat series.
                      So far in the playoffs, we have a 98.4 offensive rating as a team. Which would've ranked 29th in the NBA during the regular season.

Against Cleveland it's 91.6.

The offense is a problem.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Getting outclassed by a more talented team is an excuse? Lowry might be playing like crap, but unlike in the first two rounds the role players have been ineffective as well. Cleveland is playing some Spurs basketball with the movement and their defence has been smothering the Raptors. I think it has way more to do with them playing good D, than us playing poorly on offence.
                        No, the suggestion that the team overachieved in the regular season, is the excuse that I don't think is warranted or necessary.

I think they're getting their asses handed to them in the ECF because their star player is M.I.A. (and they're facing LBJ), not because they made it this far by overachieving.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          So far in the playoffs, we have a 98.4 offensive rating as a team. Which would've ranked 29th in the NBA during the regular season.

Against Cleveland it's 91.6.

The offense is a problem.
                          Again, reread the post. "Offense is not the (main) problem". You see that part in brackets? It matters. You don't need to respond to every one of my posts, but if you do, please at least read the post.
                          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Again, reread the post. "Offense is not the (main) problem". You see that part in brackets? It matters. You don't need to respond to every one of my posts, but if you do, please at least read the post.
                            I actually think our offense has been a bigger problem than our defense in the playoffs.

Playoffs: 98.4 ORtg, 103.4 DRtg.

Regular season: 107.0 ORtg, 102.7 DRtg.

Our defense has slipped, very slightly. Our offense has slipped massively.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              I actually think our offense has been a bigger problem than our defense in the playoffs.

Playoffs: 98.4 ORtg, 103.4 DRtg.

Regular season: 107.0 ORtg, 102.7 DRtg.

Our defense has slipped, very slightly. Our offense has slipped massively.
                              That's better. I disagree, but at least you addressed the post accurately this time.

Comment

Oh, I agree. I was just commenting that if you aren't going to play decent defense then you'd better at least make open shots to try to keep yourself in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X